PDA

View Full Version : Time to move away from the animus?

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Okay, I think Desmond is coming to a point where he knows everything that Ezio and Altair knows and possibly more. I think it is time to move away from the Animus to play as Desmond full-time. POSSIBLY EVEN SMALL PARTS WHERE YOU PLAY AS MANY DIFFERENT OTHER ANCESTORS.-But most of the time as Desmond himself.

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Do please...

albertwesker22
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
Okay, I think Desmond is coming to a point where he knows everything that Ezio and Altair knows and possibly more. I think it is time to move away from the Animus to play as Desmond full-time. POSSIBLY EVEN SMALL PARTS WHERE YOU PLAY AS MANY DIFFERENT OTHER ANCESTORS.-But most of the time as Desmond himself.

If we play as Desmond full time, then I will not buy it, as simple as that. Why do people like you insist on having all the soul ripped from the series?

The Animus is the best thing in the series, there is near limitless potential with it. I would rather play in exotic time periods than modern day...anyday!

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:

If we play as Desmond full time, then I will not buy it, as simple as that. Why do people like you insist on having all the soul ripped from the series?

The Animus is the best thing in the series, there is near limitless potential with it. I would rather play in exotic time periods than modern day...anyday! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am saying mostly as Desmond, while also throwing in multiple ancestor memory flashbacks played as Desmond. Ubisoft could do it right; you just have no faith that they will. I care about the story of Assassins Creed. That is the biggest thing. Desmond plays a huge part in this story. A HUGE one. Why do people like you throw him in the dirt like he is a nonimportant character?

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:

The Animus is the best thing in the series, there is near limitless potential with it. I would rather play in exotic time periods than modern day...anyday! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if Ubisoft were to say, throw Desmond in one of them exotic time periods as well? I know they could do it right.

albertwesker22
06-12-2011, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

I am saying mostly as Desmond, while also throwing in multiple ancestor memory flashbacks played as Desmond. Ubisoft could do it right; you just have no faith that they will. I care about the story of Assassins Creed. That is the biggest thing. Desmond plays a huge part in this story. A HUGE one. Why do people like you throw him in the dirt like he is a nonimportant character? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did I say Desmond was an unimportant character? Because he is an important character, but that doesn't mean he has to be the main playable character for a full game.

All his parts should be kept short and in contained environments...Abstergo, Assassins hideout ect.

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

I am saying mostly as Desmond, while also throwing in multiple ancestor memory flashbacks played as Desmond. Ubisoft could do it right; you just have no faith that they will. I care about the story of Assassins Creed. That is the biggest thing. Desmond plays a huge part in this story. A HUGE one. Why do people like you throw him in the dirt like he is a nonimportant character? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did I say Desmond was an unimportant character? Because he is an important character, but that doesn't mean he has to be the main playable character for a full game.

All his parts should be kept short and in contained environments...Abstergo, Assassins hideout ect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he should have more play-time. I want be able to actually FEEL him as a more fleshed-out character. I want to be able to have emotion for him, feel depth as him.

GeneralTrumbo
06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
We need more Desmond people!

Turkiye96
06-13-2011, 12:58 AM
No , part of what makes assassin's creed soo good is that its in the past. Plus Ubi said that ac3 would follow a different assassin in the animus

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
06-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
No , part of what makes assassin's creed soo good is that its in the past. Plus Ubi said that ac3 would follow a different assassin in the animus
there never said animus http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Assassin_M
06-13-2011, 01:54 AM
The Animus is gonna play a bigger role, right now its just a tool to justify some things, but in the end we will discover its true role on the series` finale, plus I believe that the AC III will play out many different Ancestors,not just one

EmmaBemma
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM
I would like to play some more as Desmond but for him to be the main-playable character? No. The most interesting part of AC is immersing yourself in a detailed part of history. Playing almost entirely as Desmond would pretty much erase that aspect of the game.

sfin1994
06-13-2011, 03:07 AM
i do belive that the only sensible way of ending off the franchise is by using desmond himself throughout the final game. feel that our work hasnt been for nothing.

fox_634
06-13-2011, 03:24 AM
No absolutely not! The animus is what makes AC different from other games. And besides Ubisoft always says that they love the historical setting so i doubt they will change that.

lukaszep
06-13-2011, 04:16 AM
I think the series must always have a historical element, but i think as we get towards the end of Desmonds story with 2012 and all we should and probably will get longer Desmond sequences. But the history should always be more than present day.

albertwesker22
06-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I think the series must always have a historical element, but i think as we get towards the end of Desmonds story with 2012 and all we should and probably will get longer Desmond sequences. But the history should always be more than present day.

Well of course we will have to play as him at some point. Vidic and Alan Rikkin are not going to kill themselves.

The ideal situation would be, have the game set in the Animus(as per usual) then end it with Desmond, Shaun and Lucy breaking into Abstergo to butcher the higher ups in the Templar order.

lukaszep
06-13-2011, 05:36 AM
I know, i just meant much longer sequences as Desmond.

phil.llllll
06-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Yep! I'm thinking perhaps a 60/40 split between Desmond and the new ancestor.

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 07:10 AM
I think that there should be play-time from MULTIPLE ancestors! INCLUDING DESMOND, ABOUT HALF THE GAME AS DESMOND.

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Yay! Over 50 percent agree that we need to move away from the animus for time as Desmond! ^_^

albertwesker22
06-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Yay! Over 50 percent agree that we need to move away from the animus for time as Desmond! ^_^

OK, you are officially a troll.

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 07:24 AM

OK, you are officially a troll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just like to express my opinions and I also think that it is good for the story to play as Desmond full-time in AC3. ^_^

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 07:35 AM
^_^ Can't wait until Assassins Creed 3!

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
People aren't thinking about the future of this franchise! Oh well, the majority are voting yes.

k20ml
06-13-2011, 08:06 AM
For the most part, I would like to see how the developers can be so creative with Desmond's story and gameplay without it becoming into something like Uncharted, in terms of gameplay. I would like to see Desmond become this Altair-like assassin with Ezio's attitude towards everything. If and only if the developers do it right, then I would buy it.

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by k20ml:
For the most part, I would like to see how the developers can be so creative with Desmond's story and gameplay without it becoming into something like Uncharted, in terms of gameplay. I would like to see Desmond become this Altair-like assassin with Ezio's attitude towards everything. If and only if the developers do it right, then I would buy it.

I think that they have big plans for Desmond. It would be very interesting to see what they would do with his character.

marachien
06-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Where do they say this? The question asked is "If Ubisoft were able to do it right, would you be willing to play as Desmond as your main assassin in Assassins Creed 3?" I see no "Should AC3 be Desmond centric?" I see a "Would you still play if..." question, so all this shows is people would still be willing to play even if it focused on Desmond.
Would I be willing to play if it focused on Des? Sure it's AC would I want them to go that way next game? Hell no, each main game in this series could probably support a trilogy and not be the end of the series, so why rush to the desmond game when we can have fun in say victorian europe, the mongel hordes, Rome 300BC...

GeneralTrumbo
06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by marachien:
Where do they say this? The question asked is "If Ubisoft were able to do it right, would you be willing to play as Desmond as your main assassin in Assassins Creed 3?" I see no "Should AC3 be Desmond centric?" I see a "Would you still play if..." question, so all this shows is people would still be willing to play even if it focused on Desmond.
Would I be willing to play if it focused on Des? Sure it's AC would I want them to go that way next game? Hell no, each main game in this series could probably support a trilogy and not be the end of the series, so why rush to the desmond game when we can have fun in say victorian europe, the mongel hordes, Rome 300BC... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if you played in all those parts and also got a lot of the game as Desmond. There is so much potential for it all.

kriegerdesgottes
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Never!!! and if they did I would stop playing AC because the historical aspects of the game are on the list of reasons why I love the games so much. I do not for the life of me understand how you could want to play outside the animus with just Desmond. "Hey you know what we should do!!? play only the boring parts of the game?!? wouldn't that be awesome!? NO it would not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Actually the desmond parts are not boring but I still wouldn't want to play only as him in New York or even Italy. How is that different from Grand Theft Auto? I am pretty confident that this will never happen.

tjbyrum1
06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Assassin's Creed is about Desmond using the Animus to relive one of his ancestors past.

That's they key feature. That's what makes Assassin's Creed. Generally, the game focuses more on the Assassin than Desmond himself.

In fact, Desmond is an 'exclusive' character. He never appears on any of the cases, never mentioned in the CG Trailers, or anything. To even HEAR about Desmond you have to play the games.

AC is and will always be about the use of the Animus.

RzaRecta357
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Just like tjbyrum said. I bet we use the animus to see a new ancestor then will hop out and do some murder with Desmond.

You have to remember they would need to change the entire game structure for a full Desmond game.

The whole system of cutscenes and fast forwards and health bars are ALL explained in game through the animus system.

Without it, we just have Desmond. He never has health that can deplete in any of the games we've played yet because if he died it'd be game over.

rain89c
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
As much as I want to play as Desmond full time, I really dont want to leave the ancient world behind, I would like to at least play an ancestor in Ancient China or Japan before playing Desmond full time.

RzaRecta357
06-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by rain89c:
As much as I want to play as Desmond full time, I really dont want to leave the ancient world behind, I would like to at least play an ancestor in Ancient China or Japan before playing Desmond full time.

That probably won't happen. Do you see any Asian in Desmonds face or any of his bloodline for that matter?

I mean he went from middle eastern to italian and now he'll be meeting another italian in this game he truly likes so he'll probably end up with her.

Not to mention samurais and ninjas and what not just don't fit the AC universe.

albertwesker22
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

That probably won't happen. Do you see any Asian in Desmonds face or any of his bloodline for that matter?

I mean he went from middle eastern to italian and now he'll be meeting another italian in this game he truly likes so he'll probably end up with her.

Not to mention samurais and ninjas and what not just don't fit the AC universe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond does have Asian in his face!!! Just not the right type of Asian lol

Middle Easteners are Asians ya know....ok enough with my semantics.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Steelers nati0n
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
We need to at least do a couple missions as desmond before the end. It just wouldn't feel right to be playing as an ancestor for the whole game, and then suddenly jump out and go attack abstergo.

kriegerdesgottes
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah of course the game should always have Desmond or some modern counter part but having the ENTIRE game as just Desmond would be sooo boring and terrible. The day that happens is the day I stop playing AC games but I doubt it will ever actually happen.

SAVMATIC
06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
this is just moronic. i would never buy these games again if they did some stupid **** like that. go play some gay *** modern game if thats what you want,****in idiots

kriegerdesgottes
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
this is just moronic. i would never buy these games again if they did some stupid **** like that. go play some gay *** modern game if thats what you want,****in idiots

LOL that's what I wanted to say but I held myself back.

notafanboy
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/1fjvd0.jpg
see ?, even Desmond doesn´t like that ideá

xx-pyro
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Considering it is 3 options vs 1 that isn't an accurate observation. Desmond's sequences should be slightly longer than in AC2 and occur a little bit more frequently.

What people don't understand is a game split 60/40 in Desmond's favour won't work, simply because 40% of a game to flesh out an entirely new character is not enough time.

phil.llllll
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
http://i55.tinypic.com/1fjvd0.jpg
see ?, even Desmond doesn´t like that ideá

He's doing that from overexposure to the animus. He needs some time out!

Black_Widow9
06-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Please use this Topic-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>