PDA

View Full Version : My 5th new career. Game Drops saved games like a hot potato.

Frederf220
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I have yet to string together more than 1 full patrol now as the game have YET AGAIN completely ignored the fact I have a saved game. I was playing and just ending a 12 day patrol off Norway, saved just before coming home.

Narrowly missed a faster Merchant in rough seas, shrugged and was headed on down. Due to a memory leak in the game it was getting slower and slower till it just CTD'd. So I figure, oh well, I saved not but day or so ago. I'll resume in the morning.

I start up the game and look under saved career NOTHING. Not even where the auto saves where I begun my patrol, not my manual save, zip, zilch zero. This is entirely unacceptable as I spend most of Saturday trying to complete one mission and the game f****** me over.

I need to be able to load at least from the in-port points REGARDLESS of what happens. If the cat jumps up and hits + TC and I run into the seawall and die at 32x. I need to be able to reload that info.

God forbid I manage to keep 5 missions together without dying, crashing, having to rely on saves. That's an awful lot of effort that seems to be blown away indescriminately.

I think I'm going to start backing up my player directory, but even then I don't trust the in game features to save the game even when I use it, exit the game gracefully, and restart it.

Frederf220
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I have yet to string together more than 1 full patrol now as the game have YET AGAIN completely ignored the fact I have a saved game. I was playing and just ending a 12 day patrol off Norway, saved just before coming home.

Narrowly missed a faster Merchant in rough seas, shrugged and was headed on down. Due to a memory leak in the game it was getting slower and slower till it just CTD'd. So I figure, oh well, I saved not but day or so ago. I'll resume in the morning.

I start up the game and look under saved career NOTHING. Not even where the auto saves where I begun my patrol, not my manual save, zip, zilch zero. This is entirely unacceptable as I spend most of Saturday trying to complete one mission and the game f****** me over.

I need to be able to load at least from the in-port points REGARDLESS of what happens. If the cat jumps up and hits + TC and I run into the seawall and die at 32x. I need to be able to reload that info.

God forbid I manage to keep 5 missions together without dying, crashing, having to rely on saves. That's an awful lot of effort that seems to be blown away indescriminately.

I think I'm going to start backing up my player directory, but even then I don't trust the in game features to save the game even when I use it, exit the game gracefully, and restart it.

Frederf220
03-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Bump. Turns out it deleted my profile http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif