PDA

View Full Version : Engine

Eightboll812
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
What engine is this going to run on? An evolution of the last (Dunia) or something else?

Reason I ask is one of the early, early, early rumors about FC3 (like more than a year ago) was that it would use the COD engine. Please, please tell me it will NOT use the crappy arcade-like COD engine. Dunia is still so far advanced over the current COD engine it's not even funny. Semi-destuctible environment, fire, etc. I can't take another COD multiplayer game.

Oh and BTW, thanks for making my day with this announcement!

Eightboll812
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
What engine is this going to run on? An evolution of the last (Dunia) or something else?

Reason I ask is one of the early, early, early rumors about FC3 (like more than a year ago) was that it would use the COD engine. Please, please tell me it will NOT use the crappy arcade-like COD engine. Dunia is still so far advanced over the current COD engine it's not even funny. Semi-destuctible environment, fire, etc. I can't take another COD multiplayer game.

Oh and BTW, thanks for making my day with this announcement!

Clover_field.
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
It Dunia

k4Anarky2011
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
COD has an engine!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
anyway, it's an updated Dunia engine
there should be the spreading of fire and semi-destructible environment. Yes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Eightboll812
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"
lol. Buying the latest COD release and expecting it to be better than the last.

I saw the video of the Ubisoft Press Conference at E3, and it looks incredible. Not sure if I can post the link here, or not, but I found it at http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Seeing this environment with the Dunia engine will be..
Interesting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

killa_677
06-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I believe its a heavily modified version of Dunia.

Ilovepho
06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
why Ubi should use COD's when their own engine Dunia looks much better than COD's ?

Martythemerc
06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm comparing screen shots from all 3 FC games, and the clarity - light - shadow, the way the sun glistens off metal looks far more real in FC2 - so far, screenshots from FC3 look like better versions of FC 1 - Can UBI post some more diverse shots of scenery and metal in light and shade?

If they are using a different engine - that might be an experiment gone wrong - like Windows 7 vs Vista vs XP vs ME .... just saying. I hope there's no disappointment here.

x_maxpower204
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Far Cry 3 will use the same Dunia engine, which is a heavily modified version of CryEngine 2.

The engine will be optimized better this time around, and I think we are seeing those results already.

Look at the video and pics, and you will recognize many of the same brushes from FC2.

Leadstorm76
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
any news on frame rates ??

x_maxpower204
06-09-2011, 11:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leadstorm76:
any news on frame rates ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No news on the performance, but the E3 demo was running on a 'weapons grade' PC using an Xbox 360 controller.

With all the jungle/vegetation in the demo, they have their work cut out for them optimizing the game for consoles.

Leadstorm76
06-10-2011, 07:22 AM
It did look good , still long time to go

phil.llllll
06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x_maxpower204:
Far Cry 3 will use the same Dunia engine, which is a heavily modified version of CryEngine 2.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CE 1 actually.

I think they mentioned they have a completely new water system (shaders and probably ocean simulation). Also there appears to be a lot more vegetation and plus there's ssao.

Leadstorm76
06-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Hopefully the new cryengine 2 version lets us have larger gudgets and lights for the console's if it does have an editor. If they can deliver gameplay and the editor they could shock the gaming world by out selling the cod beast. If enough gamers see that quality maps can be made and played on for free they wont see the point in buying it along with all the new extra map packs & costs.

yorgarazgreece
06-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I think that they will use Anvil Engine (see assassins creed 2)

HorTyS
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yorgarazgreece:
I think that they will use Anvil Engine (see assassins creed 2) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, it's been said in interviews that they are infact using an updated Dunia engine.