PDA

View Full Version : how to get pass ....***SPOILERS***

ericyung88
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
...the Real Robert?
I've spent 3 hours with the scene where I have to kill a host of foes before I can fight the real Robert and I just can't beat them.

Is there a way that I can get pass this and go on with the game? Or I have to admit defeat and throw the game away? I can't choose a 'easy' level with the game and there is no way out.

Please help?
Eric

***spoiler tags added***

ericyung88
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
...the Real Robert?
I've spent 3 hours with the scene where I have to kill a host of foes before I can fight the real Robert and I just can't beat them.

Is there a way that I can get pass this and go on with the game? Or I have to admit defeat and throw the game away? I can't choose a 'easy' level with the game and there is no way out.

Please help?
Eric

***spoiler tags added***

Kaxen6
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
You gotta win the fight.

@_@ I spent the majority of the game running away (because shimmying up buildings is fun like that) so I am kinda lousy at fighting. @_@ Fighting the guys, I ended up running in circles around them until my health came back whenever my health got low.

GreyFlame
06-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Just like Kax said: "You gotta beat 'em." But unlike Kax I spent the majority of the game fighting... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ScytheOfGrim
06-13-2008, 05:10 AM
The easiest thing to do is get out the hidden blade and counter one of them.
Although it is difficult and the timing is strict, once you nail one of them at least one of the other guards should back away in fear, letting you simply jump onto him with the wrist blade.

For every kill one of the guards should react like this, so you can easily combo most of the guards down using this little tactic...

Unorthodox maneuvers are what I'm famous for...
Especially in Mario games... @_@

JudyCzar
06-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I suck at fighting too because I'd pick off the guards on rooftops first so the path was clear to run away after the assassination.

Could someone post the PC key combinations for the combo, counterstrikes, etc? I don't remember them and now it seems they're essential.

Thanks

Jmxvo1
06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
By the end of this game, I would've been able to beat 1,000 Templars vs. just me if I had to.

Wait until they attack you, duck out of the way and use counters/combos.

Try and learn that stuff at the training ground.

You'll get the hang of it.

Enough practice and you'll see how easy it is.

ericyung88
06-14-2008, 09:13 AM
I also used the running technique for the health to regenerate. But I found that my hurting rate increases after I regrow to the orignal health. So that the remaining guys hits me and I would lose 4-5 counts more than before... Moreover, when I have the luck to kill them all, then I found that Robert is much better than I do in fighting -- I've got 11 counts of health left when I fight him and he just beat me to death repeatedly :-(

I wish there is a way to choose easy level or a cheat code to skip this level if there is any developers watching. I think it is a waste of time and boring if you are kept at a level for 3 hours for 3 days everyday now. (may be I am too dump with the game)

BTW, I am using the PC to play the game.

Jmxvo1
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm telling you, fighting on this game is easy if you actually take some time and learn how to do everything.
I've gotten to where the more soldiers there are, the more fun it is.
Be patient and wait for them to attack you instead of just running around swinging at all of them.
Just stand there, and one of them will eventually come at you...that's when you duck away and use a counter.
Use their aggressiveness against them.

ericyung88
06-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks a lot for your advices. I finally get pass this :- I practiced more with the counter,dodge,defense break at memory block 5 and then I used counter mainly to beat all the templars and used the hidden blade to finish robert. :-)

jeremyofmany
06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, it's very easy to fight if you just counter attacks.
You can swing a sword 5 or 6 times until you kill one guard or you can counter and kill the lot of them in like 15 seconds.

Vendetta11
06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeremyofmany:
Yeah, it's very easy to fight if you just counter attacks.
You can swing a sword 5 or 6 times until you kill one guard or you can counter and kill the lot of them in like 15 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. Once you mastered the counter moves (I love the short blade since it is so quick), the last fight seemed fairly easy. The battle at the cemetary was a tough one with the archers firing away at you, but once you elimate them, just run around and pick off each one with the counter moves.

The combat in the game rules IMO.

ScytheOfGrim
06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
... I just thought of something... @_@

After engaging your target, the ones that face and fight you, if you try and run away... what happens?
Is the area closed off with one of them blue walls?

If it isn't... will they chase you?
Would be funny to throw some of them off a building multiple times... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif