PDA

View Full Version : Subject 16

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Let me start by saying I searched the first 5 pages and found no thread dedicated soley to the discussion of Subject 16. Since I have a question about him I figured I'd start one with an easy to understand title. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Any way, How is it that Subject 16 got his hands on all that top secret Abstergo stuff he packed in those glyphs of his?

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Let me start by saying I searched the first 5 pages and found no thread dedicated soley to the discussion of Subject 16. Since I have a question about him I figured I'd start one with an easy to understand title. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Any way, How is it that Subject 16 got his hands on all that top secret Abstergo stuff he packed in those glyphs of his?

reini03
04-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Uhm, he managed to hack Abstergo/the animus, I guess that's how he found out all that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Well that certainly is a possibility, ableit very boring. Though, I doubt Abstergo would store its paper document and audio archives in the animus. I suppose he could have gotten the information from Vidic's computer but I'm still unconvinced.

One other explanation is Subject 16 perhaps spent years in the animus eploring the memories of many different ancestors throughout history. Including Adam and Eve along with some from modern history. Maybe the ancestor from recent history was an assassin who infiltrated the Abstergo archives.

Subject 16's story is very compelling. I think that's because we know so little about it and yet it is so fundamental. I'm itching for more!

itsamea-mario
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Well i'm sure a lot of the more historical pieces of data are due to his exploits in the past.

But i imagine most of the stuff to do with abstergo is down to his 'L33t HAX Skilzz'.
Most things would likely be saved onto a computer database.

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well i'm sure a lot of the more historical pieces of data are due to his exploits in the past.

But i imagine most of the stuff to do with abstergo is down to his 'L33t HAX Skilzz'.
Most things would likely be saved onto a computer database. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But see the thing is, he was held in the same room as Desmond and even with Vidic's password we still couldn't access any sort of archive from there... there has to be more to the story.

lilbacchant
04-18-2011, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
But see the thing is, he was held in the same room as Desmond and even with Vidic's password we still couldn't access any sort of archive from there... there has to be more to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple of possibilities:

A) Abstergo caught onto, or realized sometime after, that Subject's hacker skills were more than just cred and took precautions. An obvious precaution would be to cut-off the in-lab 'puters from the company intranet (with the exception of email, where apparently convenience overrode security).

B) Allowing Desmond to wander thru the company intranet would of required a lot of added content from the game developers. Actually, if you think about it, Subject 16 adds essentially the same content to the plot, but they apparently thought that S16 was a more neato way to reveal it.

elvindrummer
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
also perhaps part of his soul is actually stuck in the animus now (or he lives on through it) as seen in ACB the truth. So perhaps since he is part of the computer animus program thingy now he can surf through abstergo information.

his computer ghost self can hack it or something.

This makes me sound crazy. But at least this way he plants the info for desmond because he knows who desmond is because he is part of the system.

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 06:52 PM
That makes me think, What does he mean by find me in the darkness? We know so little about s16 and his story.

lilbacchant
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
That makes me think, What does he mean by find me in the darkness? We know so little about s16 and his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I personally found him more interesting after AC2 than now. Then he seemed to be both a foil for the dangers of the bleeding effect -- i.e., insanity -- and a provider of info about modern templar history and just the right amount of intrigue about TWCB. He was this great juxtaposition of a crazy knowledge-giver.

AC:B has all but turned him into a TWCB, just *existing* inside the animus instead of a vault. "Blech!" is all I can say.

UrDeviant1
04-19-2011, 02:08 AM
That makes me think, What does he mean by find me in the darkness? We know so little about s16 and his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading this made me think of when Ezio says - "We hunt in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins" . Maybe S16 is a modern day assassin based at HQ or summin.

El_Sjietah
04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Subject 16 refers to his "life" inside the animus as darkness in an earlier cluster, so that's probably what he means at the end as well; to find him inside the animus VR world.

Most of these "16 is alive!!" theories are only based on the wish of him being alive. It's Dumbledore all over again.

lilbacchant
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
See here (third definition):
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/animus#Noun

Lucy is Subject 16.

Think about it.

Prove me wrong.
(Okay, not really. But, hey, it makes about as much sense as anything else at this point.)

elvindrummer
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Subject 16 refers to his "life" inside the animus as darkness in an earlier cluster, so that's probably what he means at the end as well; to find him inside the animus VR world.

Most of these "16 is alive!!" theories are only based on the wish of him being alive. It's Dumbledore all over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really think he is alive. But I believe in part of him like existing still. Like a ghost or something.

I think the whole lucy being alive is more like dumbledor.