PDA

View Full Version : Map size of AC (cant find via search)

ltolman
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I cant seem to find the proper post; moderators feel free to close this discussion with a link to the proper one but

I'm curious as to the size of Assassins Creed vs say Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

I'm currently playing this game for PS3 still waiting for PC but wow it almost takes me like an hour to go from Masyaf (sp) to my new city (acre/damascus) by getting view points.

Then once I am in the city it almost takes me 1-3hrs sight seeing/exploring/scaling/view points etc.

I personally think its amazing to see the size of one city then multiply it and then also have a world map hehe

So again anyone got comparisons for AC vs whichever game?? Thanks

ltolman
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I cant seem to find the proper post; moderators feel free to close this discussion with a link to the proper one but

I'm curious as to the size of Assassins Creed vs say Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

I'm currently playing this game for PS3 still waiting for PC but wow it almost takes me like an hour to go from Masyaf (sp) to my new city (acre/damascus) by getting view points.

Then once I am in the city it almost takes me 1-3hrs sight seeing/exploring/scaling/view points etc.

I personally think its amazing to see the size of one city then multiply it and then also have a world map hehe

So again anyone got comparisons for AC vs whichever game?? Thanks

Tela
01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm almost positive that Cyrodiil in Elder Scrolls: Oblvion is MUCH bigger.

Not sure by how much, though, exactly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

iPlunder
01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know, you can't really compare the 2 other than on size though. I mean like on things to do though. I think AC is bigger. But what about just cause eh?

blarson11
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
it says in one of the dev diaries or interviews. i'll do a search for it. if i remember correctly each city is about 800m x 800 m (in real life)

well i dont have a sound card right now so i cant hear it but i think it is the freedom diary here. (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/834/834724/vids_3.html)

Phreaky_McGeek
01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
AC's kingdom is mainly just roads with a few villages in between, whereas Cyrodiil is miles of land. Cyrodiil also has the planes of Oblivion, so yeah, the map is infinitely larger.

spazzoo1025
01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
first of all, idk y its taking u an hour to get from Masyaf to a city but...

but um im positive Cyrodill is bigger, hav u ever tried riding a horse from Kvatch to say...Bravil? that alone takes forever