PDA

View Full Version : Polyphemus

mullerweb
08-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi.
Has anyone heard any info regarding the MMORPG to tie in with this Movie/Game experience? I understand that the man Cameron has been developing a whole star system known as Polyphemus - of which Pandora is a constituent planet - to be part of a massive online experience. Pandora itself seems completely developed.
Anyone know anything?
Paul.

mullerweb
08-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi.
Has anyone heard any info regarding the MMORPG to tie in with this Movie/Game experience? I understand that the man Cameron has been developing a whole star system known as Polyphemus - of which Pandora is a constituent planet - to be part of a massive online experience. Pandora itself seems completely developed.
Anyone know anything?
Paul.

amzone
08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
You are close. The star system is actually the Alpha Centauri B system and Polyphemis is a giant gas planet within that system. Pandora is actually one of many moons orbiting Polyphemis.

mullerweb
08-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Mate.

Any idea when it goes online? And will it be part of the shop-sold Avatar Game? Separate to it? Or joined to it?
Thanks if you know anything.
Paul

UbiGabe
08-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey mullerweb, we have not announced an MMO version of Avatar. This forum relates specifically to the action adventure game for PC, 360, PS3, PSP, DS and Wii.

I believe AMZ was referring to the lore behind the setting rather than specific plans for expansion.

I don't want to stifle your discussion on this topic, but I also need to manage your expectations a little as we have yet to announce an MMO version of Avatar.

mullerweb
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi.

Thanks for getting back to me. Wow! Great to get a reply from one of the developers - much appreciated. So, for now the only format will be the 'on-the-shelf' title AVATAR THE GAME? just wanted to be sure I have it straight in my head.
Paul.

Justice
08-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Yep, that's it. No MMORPG has been announced yet and for all we know they may or may not announce it in the future. But if the movie and game do well I would expect them to create one.