PDA

View Full Version : More Whining

xFATAL09x
03-24-2007, 01:01 PM
No one cares, but i'll post anyways:

Here's my opinion on the latest patch:

WTF were you thinking?

I'm not a big fan of changing a games mechanics, once people are used to the unrealistic gameplay. Yeah, I shouldn't be able to shoot someone with an MP7 from acrossed the map, but what part of this game is realistic anyways? There is unbelievable bullet lag in almost every server, and no matter what the connection speeds are, the host will always have an outstanding advantage. If you want realism, then let me kill the guy in a tee-shirt with one bullet, not 30-41 MP7 bullets due to Unreal servers. When players like me, who have played the game since it came out, were used to using the MP7, and now that you spoiled it, you almost ruined the game for me, and many other players. It is almost a totally different game. If it was so overpowered in the first place, what is so difficult about selecting it yourself? Now i'm getting merked in the face with a MTAR up close, faster then the MP7 can take them down. I can toss a grenade farther then the MP7 is effective. I'm a run and gun player, and that's what this game is. A run and gun shooter, not a tactical one, so don't go changing it midway. Since when have game developers listened to players and changed their game anyways?

I'm an old school RB6 player myself, and I had no problem adapting to the MP7 for this game, rather then the G36C i've been used too. MP7 was not a "n00b" gun, it WAS a good gun. There is no reason I should be flamed and kicked from games because I do not handicap myself with a gun i'm not used to firing.

Spawn camping:

If you get stuck in your spawn, in a team SS/A&D/Ret match, then you deserve to lose. It's part of the game, and if you don't like it then stay out of the gametypes. I do not want to be screamed at for playing the game in that way, because there is nothing wrong with it.

*Prepares for flamage.*

xFATAL09x
03-24-2007, 01:01 PM

WTF were you thinking?

I'm not a big fan of changing a games mechanics, once people are used to the unrealistic gameplay. Yeah, I shouldn't be able to shoot someone with an MP7 from acrossed the map, but what part of this game is realistic anyways? There is unbelievable bullet lag in almost every server, and no matter what the connection speeds are, the host will always have an outstanding advantage. If you want realism, then let me kill the guy in a tee-shirt with one bullet, not 30-41 MP7 bullets due to Unreal servers. When players like me, who have played the game since it came out, were used to using the MP7, and now that you spoiled it, you almost ruined the game for me, and many other players. It is almost a totally different game. If it was so overpowered in the first place, what is so difficult about selecting it yourself? Now i'm getting merked in the face with a MTAR up close, faster then the MP7 can take them down. I can toss a grenade farther then the MP7 is effective. I'm a run and gun player, and that's what this game is. A run and gun shooter, not a tactical one, so don't go changing it midway. Since when have game developers listened to players and changed their game anyways?

I'm an old school RB6 player myself, and I had no problem adapting to the MP7 for this game, rather then the G36C i've been used too. MP7 was not a "n00b" gun, it WAS a good gun. There is no reason I should be flamed and kicked from games because I do not handicap myself with a gun i'm not used to firing.

Spawn camping:

If you get stuck in your spawn, in a team SS/A&D/Ret match, then you deserve to lose. It's part of the game, and if you don't like it then stay out of the gametypes. I do not want to be screamed at for playing the game in that way, because there is nothing wrong with it.

*Prepares for flamage.*

Seipher05
03-24-2007, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xFATAL09x:

WTF were you thinking?

Spawn camping:

*Prepares for flamage.* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it extremely funny that you're complaining about developers listening to gamers' complaints and addressing them.

If you could "adapt" to always using the MP7, how hard is it for you to "adapt" to the latest changes?

Or when you said you "adapted" by always using the MP7, did you really mean "the MP7 compensated for a lack of skill, and now that's it's gone, I don't know what to do!!"?

I think it's realy funny that you think that always using the same weapon and becoming dependant on it was an amazing display of adapting and overcoming...

Morgethje
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm a run and gun player, and that's what this game is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm an old school RB6 player myself... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okaaaay... You tried running and gunning in previous rainbow six games as well then?

And to awnser one of your nquestions: I didn't use an MP7A1 cause I simply didnt like it. Didn't like the looks of it, the feel of it.

Apart from that I aggree the Seipher. If you tell people to adjust and take the MP7, then why don't you adjust and take the FAMAS?

rico82582
03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
If you have to sit in a spawn to get kills that just means you are a garbage palyer and have no skill. So post back with your "thats how its played ****" and get owned playin in a room with me.

nakhia420
03-26-2007, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rico82582:
If you have to sit in a spawn to get kills that just means you are a garbage palyer and have no skill. So post back with your "thats how its played ****" and get owned playin in a room with me kid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are getting killed in your spawn your are a garbage player and have no skills. Didn't we debunk the whole spawn camping myth with this game? What on earth makes you think you are entitled to half of the map? As far as the mp7 goes, yeah I have to agree you might have been using mp7 for a crutch to make up for lack of skill rather than a gun. I still use it on smaller maps and really don't see a change in my kill death ratio. And yeah a couple bullets from an mtar up close is going to kill you everytime.

D---Fingers
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
the TC broke one of the ten commandments of internet forum posting:

Thou shalt not PWN oneself.

nakhia420
03-26-2007, 02:23 PM
To get back on topic. The patch was a good patch. There is really only a couple of issues (not being able to boot glitchers and door blockers)(gun loops and losing guns still). What the real problem is UBI's blatent disregard for the wall glitches, window glitch, corner glitches and getting outside the play area. Of course they are catering to kiddie crowd with this game so it's understandable they would leave those in.

Saiga12
03-26-2007, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xFATAL09x:

WTF were you thinking?

Spawn camping:

umm, in the real world, a submachine gun shoots a pistol round. the MTAR shoots rifle rounds. Which is gonna do more damage either close range or further away? The assault rifles will definitly have more recoil but come on now, what seems better to you?

WorldSpawn2000
03-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Fatal09... can you please post your gamertag so I can make sure I never play with you? Lol!

ravenfire06
03-27-2007, 07:34 AM
i got the game a month after its release so ive still been playing it for awhile and i HATED using the mp7 and hearing that damn mp9 spraying from across the map. ubi fixed that part of the game to how it should have been from the start. imo the mp7 and mp9 are still a little to powerful at a distance on full auto. ive played rainbow six forever and still could never get use to holding down the trigger at a distance with those 2 guns. even after goin and playing gears and halo 2 when i got back i just still couldent do it.

adio540
03-27-2007, 07:48 AM

WTF were you thinking?

Spawn camping:

ahahah lol so you think using a close range weapon at long distances because it can be through bad coding is not a noob gun?

you shouldnt have been taking advantage of something like that in the first place and sorry to break it to you most people didnt use the mp7 some people used them and mp9's and those people all just cant handle using a fair weapon. now that they are fair weapons after u used the unfair advantage this whole time you cant handle real players with REAL - istic guns. although i do agree with you about the t-shirt guys but what can we do

and spawn camping? are you serious? people who get stuck with an unfortunate spawn and then the other team rushes them and stays in spots its impossible to be hit at and not letting thre other team leave is an unfair style , the only reason its "part of the game" is because people are so exp hungry for rank ups they cant just enjoy the game and not piss people off just to win

just a sidenote
i have played the game since it came out around thanksgiving and i admitt i used the mp9 and mp7a1 a little bit swhen i realized how good they were, but then i started using other guns like assault rifles and mp5n and even snipers, now i have no problem with not being able to use those mp7's..and if you had played realistically and not just 'Strongest weapon' then you might be able to adapt to the game now and im afraid this is a tactical shooter because if you just run around in the middle of a room you'l get sniped ..u use cover to avoid that and then u plan ur next move (ie: popping out of cover to shoot some guy in the face) those were tactics right there

SPQR Radical
03-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't really agree with the OP/TC. But what is unrealistic about an MP7A1 with an effective range of around 200 meters getting kills across the map when the maps in this game are barely over 100 meters at the longest points. Also, it doesn't matter how strong the round is, a headshot is a headshot...

As for "spawn camping", you mean spawn trapping. Only an idiot would actually come into your spawn when you have a 5 second inv timer with the ability to shoot... and if you cannot kill them then I can honestly say you are a bad player.

If they are camping just outside your spawn area that is called spawn trapping. Don't rush out their like an idiot. Try different routes, use different gadgets, use team work, communicate.

Its not "cheating", its not "unfair". Its your team failing to work together and the other team just playing better than your's overall.

RentANoobDotCom
03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Semaj1_865:
a headshot is a headshot...

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sometimes a headshot is not a kill due to some lag...not even one round or 10 rounds up close.

for example...i had my snake cam; enemy approching towards me; exited my cam; weapon (mtar) pointing directly towards door. he opened the door; shot my mtar, 10 rounds at least, reticule over his head and no kill...wth?!? all i know he was directly on my reticule on my screen and fired. but perhaps, on his screen--he didnt appear directly towards the nozzle. like sometimes you see guys jump (not moving across the screen) from one point to another.

but anyway, i prefer an SMG over AR for real life CQC... more practical, more manueverbility (sp?) not bulky; in cqc, you want to move fast to clear rooms; you want to put your weapon up quickly as soon as you enter a room.

but for the game, AR (i *****d the mp7 before patch because it was awesome). smg and AR are pretty much the same close range but mid to far, AR is better. so i adapted

SPQR Radical
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM
The hit detection system in this game is terrible. A "qualified" headshot is still a headshot I should say.

I think you should smack who ever designed that hit detection system.

adio540
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
ok well picture this our team is spread out in spots waiting for the other team then something goes wrong we all die then they rush in spots around our spawn room down let us leave like lvu they can have every door and exit guarded and kill us THAT is fair? its not a failure of our team or whatever you said

SPQR Radical
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Your team failed to hold them off, and you could not push them out of your side of the map. Your team's fault, you lose.

RentANoobDotCom
03-27-2007, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adio540:
ok well picture this our team is spread out in spots waiting for the other team then something goes wrong we all die then they rush in spots around our spawn room down let us leave like lvu they can have every door and exit guarded and kill us THAT is fair? its not a failure of our team or whatever you said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its fair--you guys failed. now a good teamwork will overcome it. but if they have good teamwork and they are better players--good luck...i hate the alpha spawn in LVU but i like the challenge.

RentANoobDotCom
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Semaj1_865:
The hit detection system in this game is terrible. A "qualified" headshot is still a headshot I should say.

I think you should smack who ever designed that hit detection system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree to all.