PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new stick....x52 or x52 pro?

IZT
08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Upgrading from my saitek Cyborg Evo.

Bout time i'd say!!

Well i definitely want to get a HOTAS. been wanting one for years.

Im going with saitek, cause well money's kind of an issue.

Just need to know is the x52Pro really WAYY better than the x52 non-pro?

Cause i was reading around about people saying the x52 is flawed and has centering and deadzone problems, with it being sloppy and non-durable?? Also lacks precision?

Is the pro really THAT much better?

Cause im not a true PRO flight simmer, more on the casual-hardcore side. So i might not even notice this? (after all i am upgrading from a Cyborg Evo! Im sure the x52 has got to be wayy better than that)

Thanks Guys!

IZT
08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Upgrading from my saitek Cyborg Evo.

Bout time i'd say!!

Well i definitely want to get a HOTAS. been wanting one for years.

Im going with saitek, cause well money's kind of an issue.

Just need to know is the x52Pro really WAYY better than the x52 non-pro?

Cause i was reading around about people saying the x52 is flawed and has centering and deadzone problems, with it being sloppy and non-durable?? Also lacks precision?

Is the pro really THAT much better?

Cause im not a true PRO flight simmer, more on the casual-hardcore side. So i might not even notice this? (after all i am upgrading from a Cyborg Evo! Im sure the x52 has got to be wayy better than that)

Thanks Guys!

crucislancer
08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I think if you can afford it you should go with the X52Pro. The Pro has better components, so it's much more durable.

The X52 is a good stick, but it does have some issues. There are times that my stick will completely go out of calibration, in which case I need to unplug it at the joystick and plug it back in, a major hassle when playing online. I'm not sure if the Pro has this problem or not. The problem is actually rare, it's not something that happens every day, nor does it happen more then once during a session. I've heard that the best thing for the X52 is to have plenty of power going to the USB port, and unplug the stick when you aren't using it, but be sure to plug it back in to the same USB port or it will go bonkers.

Chris0382
08-16-2008, 08:54 AM
2 Mods I did when I got my X-52 Last night was to remove a spring loaded rectangular piece of plastic (afterburner detents) from inside and added a dab of rubbery caulking on top of the slider so my thumb can grip it.

Works quite nice.

Chris0382
08-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I want to also add you can disable the Clutch Button (i) in Saiteks control panel under MFP Tab (Uncheck: Enable Clutch Mode to do this.); then you can program it as a normal button.

Chris0382
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Well Im having calibration issues. The mouse stick is off center and no way to get it back on center. There is no calibration utility nor is there any trim wheels. This causes me to set a large buffer zone.

Will be taking this stick back to Bestbuy next week and exchanging it for another with a $12 dollar service contract.

grndragon57
08-16-2008, 12:36 PM
If budget is a concerned check out Saitek reconditioned:

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/recprod.html

I got my X-52 from them, have been using it for over a year without any problems.

crucislancer
08-16-2008, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris0382:
Well Im having calibration issues. The mouse stick is off center and no way to get it back on center. There is no calibration utility nor is there any trim wheels. This causes me to set a large buffer zone.

Will be taking this stick back to Bestbuy next week and exchanging it for another with a $12 dollar service contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mouse stick on mine is always shows off center, but it doesn't affect anything. I use the mouse stick for viewing, and set up the A fire button to center the view. It works great.

Lubcke
08-16-2008, 12:47 PM
ch

Chris0382
08-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Crucislancer. I just have to set the dead zone a bit bigger so the mouse doesn't move on its own. I may keep it and purchase a warrantee $12 for instore refund or repair. I set up the crutch button "i" for centering and normalizing the view.