PDA

View Full Version : CH Throttle Quadrant buttons 13-24

Zeus-cat
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I am now the proud owner of a CH Throttle Quadrant. I know there are 12 switches at the lower end of the throttle movements, but what are the best things to map to them? Any suggestions?

Zeus-cat
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I am now the proud owner of a CH Throttle Quadrant. I know there are 12 switches at the lower end of the throttle movements, but what are the best things to map to them? Any suggestions?

Skoshi Tiger
02-01-2008, 12:28 AM
If you can program key strokes to the buttons, you could use the one axis for propellor pitch and use the button to feather the prop when its pressed and unfeather it when it's up! (if that makes sense- and you can feather the prop)

You could always program in eject for when the throttle button is pressed and don't tell your friends when they fly! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

horseback
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I use my Throttle Quadrant switches for the 'occasional' buttons, the ones you use once or twice a flight:Toggle Engine, Toggle Speedbar, Lock Tailwheel, Open/Close the cockpit, Landing Gear (both Auto and Manual), stuff like that. I even label 'em, because they're the same for all my pilot 'accounts'.

The 'right now' stuff goes on the HOTAS buttons and can vary with LW, USSR, or Allied campaigns.

cheers

horseback

smeg2001
02-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Mate, I too have a CH throttle quadrant. how do you assign the throttle levers to control each engine individually?
Does IL2/FB/AEP/PF/1946 support this control device?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Smeg

horseback
02-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Unfortunately, the game engine does not support separate and simultaneous throttle controls. You only get one throttle input. I'd recommend assigning a joystick button to select left and right engines, as well as both or all engines for a near-realistic setup.

I can't say for sure that the full effect of differing thrust is modelled in-game, since the game engine was originally intended solely for single engined aircraft.

cheers

horseback

Zeus-cat
02-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Good suggestions horseback. That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for.

fabianfred
02-02-2008, 07:55 PM
http://212.124.199.72:8080/FCIProject/ge-tec_018.htm

you have all seen this I presume