PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed/MGS webcomic idea

JudgeQwerty
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
This will sound incredible lame and goofy, but... I would really love to remake the first Metal Gear Solid game in webcomic form and set it in the AC universe, specifically the Middle East a few years after the first game. It would be an amalgamation of MGS's plot using characters and concepts from AC.

Opening pitch:

1196: Five years after the Piece of Eden incident, Altair has left the assassins of Masyaf and now spends his days breeding horses. It is a thankless affair, and though Richard has abandoned his war, another Crusade is coming. At its head rides Boniface of Montferrat, whose father and brother were slain by assassins. With anger and vengeance in his heart, he rides to retake Jerusalem and stamp out the Assassin scum that have robbed him of family and mercy.

But before Boniface can even march his troops into the Holy Land, the Assassins make the first move. Throughout Greece, the Sons of Al Mualim arrive, fomenting rebellion and distrust among them. 'The Pope desires a Holy Kingdom closer to Rome', their agents whisper. 'Boniface is naught but a pawn of Italy and the doge of Venice is his keeper.' And like prophecy, their words bring the Crusaders to their doorstep like a plague, crushing all rebellion before they can begin.

But now, in Constantinople, the 'Sons of Al Mualim' have publicly revealed themselves. Their leader, a white robed abomination of God who calls himself Altair, the Son of None, has declared Constantinople a new Holy Land, where enlightenment and tolerance will reign... a new world.

Watch as Altair is drawn back into the brotherhood as he is forced to investigate and remove the threat by any means necesarry!!

So... yeah, that's my pitch. Now, technical issues. Obviously I would be doing the writing, which won't be an issue. However, I can't even draw a straight line... preferably, I'd like an artist who is familiar with both universes.

Sooo... thoughts and questions?

JudgeQwerty
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
This will sound incredible lame and goofy, but... I would really love to remake the first Metal Gear Solid game in webcomic form and set it in the AC universe, specifically the Middle East a few years after the first game. It would be an amalgamation of MGS's plot using characters and concepts from AC.

Opening pitch:

1196: Five years after the Piece of Eden incident, Altair has left the assassins of Masyaf and now spends his days breeding horses. It is a thankless affair, and though Richard has abandoned his war, another Crusade is coming. At its head rides Boniface of Montferrat, whose father and brother were slain by assassins. With anger and vengeance in his heart, he rides to retake Jerusalem and stamp out the Assassin scum that have robbed him of family and mercy.

But before Boniface can even march his troops into the Holy Land, the Assassins make the first move. Throughout Greece, the Sons of Al Mualim arrive, fomenting rebellion and distrust among them. 'The Pope desires a Holy Kingdom closer to Rome', their agents whisper. 'Boniface is naught but a pawn of Italy and the doge of Venice is his keeper.' And like prophecy, their words bring the Crusaders to their doorstep like a plague, crushing all rebellion before they can begin.

But now, in Constantinople, the 'Sons of Al Mualim' have publicly revealed themselves. Their leader, a white robed abomination of God who calls himself Altair, the Son of None, has declared Constantinople a new Holy Land, where enlightenment and tolerance will reign... a new world.

Watch as Altair is drawn back into the brotherhood as he is forced to investigate and remove the threat by any means necesarry!!

So... yeah, that's my pitch. Now, technical issues. Obviously I would be doing the writing, which won't be an issue. However, I can't even draw a straight line... preferably, I'd like an artist who is familiar with both universes.

Sooo... thoughts and questions?

bornforhaze
11-10-2009, 02:48 PM
It's a nice idea and I can definatly imagine the setting well. However, I'm no good at drawing in any form so I can't help you on that side.