PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

headhunterz1983
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Two Questions.
1. How do you really MAKE someone to start shooting down planes? Gave the order to my watch officer who relays it to the flak gunner to shoot the **** birds and the sailer/officer just stands there doing nothing until i have to select a target with the bino. Do i actually have to give someone some qualifications for the flak gun?

2. Dealing with the destroyers.
Given this 3 situation
A. You're in shallow waters (25m depth (no run from depth charges)) with 3 destroyers searching around for you how do you escape?
B. You're in a middle of a convoy with destoyers on your tail. How do you manage to keep up with your targets with all the manuevering around?
C. If you're forced to surface, what are your chances of getting at the destroyer with the deck gun?

Thx!

Lovo_Kasistan
04-10-2005, 08:33 PM
1. Have you even read the text at the beginning of the tutorial or *gasp* watched the video?

You have to mark them with your binocs. If they are neutral (like the ones in the tutorial) your guy won't start shooting on them on his own without explicit orders.

headhunterz1983
04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
can't he just shoot them without me having to mark them one by one? sometimes planes come in pretty fast before i can even mark them.

Lovo_Kasistan
04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Have you told him to shoot at incoming planes and to shoot them over great distances? And yes, the green bar on the top of the Flak has to be full to be completely efficient.

2.A: Ram them with your tower. They will die like flies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

headhunterz1983
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
oh! so i do have to give a medal qualification to one of them! no wonder. yet to try after my next mission.

ram with my tower? there goes my decka nd flak gun. could try cuz i encountered incidences where they ran into my tower and they sank with me wondering howd my ship take it. sure my tower can handle it?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
It's a bug, your boat will handle it perfectly every time. I had to use this "tactic" in Scapa myself because it was too shallow to dive and the corvettes tried to run me over.

Wasn't too good for them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

headhunterz1983
04-11-2005, 02:23 AM
So how bout situation B and C? any tips?

Jello2005
04-11-2005, 06:20 AM
Lovo_Kasistan i mark the targets with binoculars all the time then i order the deck gun crew to "fire at will" and still they do nothing? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Always end up manning guns myself.

as to dispensing destroyers... i have noticed that their guns arent very accurate at times. sunk a hunt i destroyer as i launched a couple of torpedoes in a "kill radius" but it was luck im afraid.

headhunterz1983
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah...wondering whats thier bloody prob...pissing in thier pants till they forgot to pull the trigger perhaps?