PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect radio failures in BoB?

BirdieNum-nums
04-25-2006, 08:12 AM
It would be great to see a radio failure feature in BoB. This could happen in two different instances:

1. Radio malfunction
2. Radio is shot out

Some of you might think ''bah!, I never use the radio anyway'', and that might be true, but I predict that TeamSpeak will catch on in a more profound way for BoB, and this added feature, causing total radio silence for the affected player, could be rather amusing and exciting, while adding to the realism.

Cheers,
Birdie Num-nums

BirdieNum-nums
04-25-2006, 08:12 AM
It would be great to see a radio failure feature in BoB. This could happen in two different instances:

1. Radio malfunction
2. Radio is shot out

Some of you might think ''bah!, I never use the radio anyway'', and that might be true, but I predict that TeamSpeak will catch on in a more profound way for BoB, and this added feature, causing total radio silence for the affected player, could be rather amusing and exciting, while adding to the realism.

Cheers,
Birdie Num-nums

Lodovik
04-25-2006, 09:06 AM
A classic idea that would be nice to see implemented.
A sim can't affect TeamSpeak, though, as it's a separate application running in the background. In-game voip is a different matter, perhaps.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Would be cool, if ingame-coms would work, now.

Would be even better, if also chat-messages are hidden besides the server messages, maybe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

JG54_Lukas
04-27-2006, 03:43 AM
This would be a very good idea for offline play, but it would take some work to get it functioning online.

3.JG51_BigBear
04-27-2006, 09:15 AM
If BOB comes with a working voice communication feature like Il2 was supposed to have it would probably be just as easy to implement broken radios online line as it would be to include them for offline.