PDA

View Full Version : Still cant reinstall...

Jason Bourne
11-26-2004, 04:53 PM
well, i followed the instructions in the 'User Fixes that...' thread, but I still cant seem to install FB or AEP again. it gives me a message saying:

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
D:\1033.MST

any help would be aprecciated....

Maple_Tiger
11-26-2004, 09:12 PM
This may be a pain in the but; however, it will solve most proubloms.

Reformat, I don't mean installing XP over XP. Do a Raw install. This is usualy the last ditch effort and Shouldn't be too bad if you have cable.

Jason Bourne
11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Please say you dont actually mean reformatting the entire HD??
*prays thats not what you meant*

Maple_Tiger
11-27-2004, 04:16 PM
When was the last time you have done a Raw install of XP?

I do it about every 6 months. After time, the OS will become full of errors or registery errors.

I very very rairly have any trouble installing software.

Go here, down load and install Tweak-XP Pro 4. It's a free demo.

http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-products.htm

Run the program, click on Utilities, and click on Registery cleaner. Once there, click on Search-Settings. At the bottom, where it says Wich registery-keys to scan, click and high-light All Keys. Then, click on Close, and Start-Search.

When the search is finished, click on select All. You'l see a window pup saying "Attention: bla bla bla ect. Just click Yes. Then, at the bottom, click on Clean Selected Registery Keys. This will fix any corrupt keys and get rid of any that are not suppose to be there anymore.

I have been using Tweak-XP Pro for over a year now. It's safe, trust me.

This may solve you'r proublom; then again, it may not.

Jason Bourne
11-27-2004, 05:07 PM
No go, im starting to think it might be a problem with the CD, so ill borrow my friends, see if that works.
*shrugs*

Howie A
11-28-2004, 02:47 AM
I've had that problem when trying to reinstall and I managed to solve it by removing my original installer. I have XP and its located in C:\Windows\Installer... in one of the sub directories. I first removed everything FB related, then the installer which gave me a clean start.

VF-29_Sandman
11-28-2004, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maple_Tiger:
When was the last time you have done a Raw install of XP?

I do it about every 6 months. After time, the OS will become full of errors or registery errors.

I very very rairly have any trouble installing software.

Go here, down load and install Tweak-XP Pro 4. It's a free demo.

http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-products.htm

Run the program, click on Utilities, and click on Registery cleaner. Once there, click on Search-Settings. At the bottom, where it says Wich registery-keys to scan, click and high-light All Keys. Then, click on Close, and Start-Search.

When the search is finished, click on select All. You'l see a window pup saying "Attention: bla bla bla ect. Just click Yes. Then, at the bottom, click on Clean Selected Registery Keys. This will fix any corrupt keys and get rid of any that are not suppose to be there anymore.

I have been using Tweak-XP Pro for over a year now. It's safe, trust me.

This may solve you'r proublom; then again, it may not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just got that tweak-xp and i'll tell ya...my machine was really clogged with worthless registry keys among other things. there is a ram utilization thing in there and it optimized it. almost runs like a new machine again.

x__CRASH__x
11-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I ran that registry cleanup, and it found a bunch of things for programs I use! Photoshop, Spybot, my printer...

I just closed it. I don't want to risk losing the capability of all those programs.

Jason Bourne
11-28-2004, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Howie A:
I've had that problem when trying to reinstall and I managed to solve it by removing my original installer. I have XP and its located in C:\Windows\Installer... in one of the sub directories. I first removed everything FB related, then the installer which gave me a clean start. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, thx, ill try that

Weather_Man
11-28-2004, 11:48 PM
If you're still having problems..

You should be able to delete the 1033.MST registry entry for Il2 and then able to reinstall the game (if they are still there after uninstalling). Run REGEDIT and do a search for "1033.MST" and delete the "Transforms" key. There may be a few of them, so look for the one for Il2. The ProductName (Il-2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles) will be listed right above the Transforms entry so you know which one you're looking at. You might want to backup your registry first (export and save it to a folder), just in case.

This is where mine is (yours may look different):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Prod ucts\AD217FD8523D0DF4D88E2E7DF83CDC3C

and the key info (delete this key):
Name: Transforms
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{8DF712DA-D325-4FD0-8DE8-E2D78FC3CDCD}\1033.MST

After that, there was another "Transforms" entry for Il2:FB AEP. Delete that also.

But first, try deleting the contents for your temp folders and see if that'll clear it up.

C:/windows/temp
C:/windows/prefetch
C:/documents and settings/user/local settings/temp
or Start > Run > type %temp% > hit Enter

Jason Bourne
11-29-2004, 01:49 PM
*hugs the weather_man*

but no kisses for you, since you didnt show up earlier
and i dont know if your a guy or not, so it could be kinda...awkward.

but thank you, it is now installing just fine!!!

Weather_Man
11-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Cool, glad it worked. The registry can be a bit daunting, but most problems can be taken care of there with a little investigative skills and lot of luck. lol