PDA

View Full Version : Early war end then game crash

Junker1951
05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi all i'm new to this forum so dont know if this has been asked although i know part of the problem isnt new.I had an early war end (17 patrols mid 1943) i followed some advice i read and edited the career cfg file,this fixed the problem but after 2 game sessions i now cant get the game to load.I get to the initializing screen then game crashes and asks if i want to report to Microsoft ( for what good that would do ) its been suggested that i reinstall game but i want to save that as a last resort,so can anyone give me some ideas plz.Haven't tried loading an earlier save yet but will do this when i have time,hoping you can help.

Junker1951
05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi all i'm new to this forum so dont know if this has been asked although i know part of the problem isnt new.I had an early war end (17 patrols mid 1943) i followed some advice i read and edited the career cfg file,this fixed the problem but after 2 game sessions i now cant get the game to load.I get to the initializing screen then game crashes and asks if i want to report to Microsoft ( for what good that would do ) its been suggested that i reinstall game but i want to save that as a last resort,so can anyone give me some ideas plz.Haven't tried loading an earlier save yet but will do this when i have time,hoping you can help.

TheRealWulfmann
05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
If it reaches the screen where it says "intializing, then it is a problem with your crew CFG and that could be a number of things. Do you know what you altered?
What version are you running; stock, GW, RUB other?
What personal edits have you done?

Wulfmann

Junker1951
05-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Thx for answering Wulf but it seems that its problem solved.I just reloaded from start of mission and all seems fine now have reloaded 3 times and all ok.Tbh i never changed anything in crew cfg only in career cfg and i have lost track of the mods i've used lol.There was a strange glitch where torpedoes were missing from reserve slots but these came back when I reloaded!I was wondering if it could have had anything to do with batteries in my mouse being low on power,i had to change them.I cant imagine it would have any effect tbh probably just coincidence but who knows.Anyway thx for your prompt reply m8 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)