PDA

View Full Version : Question to the veterans

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
As most of you should know, I am an AC veteran, being a fan since #1. I preordered AC2 months before it was released. I got into the multiplayer beta of AC:B, because I preordered the game the week it was available. But I don't play the multiplayer much. I recently went back to playing the multiplayer, after getting almost all of the stuff in the singleplayer. But since I am only around level 26 in the multiplayer, people constantly yell at me for being an "untrue fan" and "Only having Brotherhood", when they say things like "I've been playing since AC2!!!". Has any other veterans been yelled at for not having a high multiplayer level? Thanks.

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
As most of you should know, I am an AC veteran, being a fan since #1. I preordered AC2 months before it was released. I got into the multiplayer beta of AC:B, because I preordered the game the week it was available. But I don't play the multiplayer much. I recently went back to playing the multiplayer, after getting almost all of the stuff in the singleplayer. But since I am only around level 26 in the multiplayer, people constantly yell at me for being an "untrue fan" and "Only having Brotherhood", when they say things like "I've been playing since AC2!!!". Has any other veterans been yelled at for not having a high multiplayer level? Thanks.

Spartacus803
02-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't let it bother you. I initially had a Xbox360. I have 100 percent of the single player done on all 3 Assassins Creed Games on the 360 platform. I started playing the Multiplayer and got up to level 50 but all my friends have PS3 so to play online with them I went out and bought at PS3 slim and began focusing all my energy on the PS3 multiplayer. If you were to look at my trophies on PS3 overall or just for the ACB singleplayer game it would appear all I do or have ever done on the PS3 platform is play ACB multiplayer. I have started the single player on ACB for PS3 but enjoy the multiplayer so much and like being able to get online and play with and against my friends that I don't spend much time on the singleplayer on the PS3 side since I had already completed it on the 360 platform. So I have heard similar comments before. There are always going to be those online who like to talk smack. My advice is since you are a fan and love the entire AC series, and have started enjoying the multiplayer, focus your energies on finding a multiplayer style that works for you, work on improving your game play, take note of those talking the smack and when you meet them in a Wanted game kick their butts.

Sorry for the long post. And thanks for reminding me I need to start working more on my XBOX multiplayer skills I've been neglecting them alot lately. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Haha, thanks! Do you mind if I add you on PS3? I usually use stealth in AC: B multiplayer... And I hate runners.

Crumplecorn
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
But since I am only around level 26 in the multiplayer, people constantly yell at me for being an "untrue fan" and "Only having Brotherhood", when they say things like "I've been playing since AC2!!!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't even...

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 04:49 PM
You don't even what?

DeanOMiite
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
that sucks that people think of you that way but you can't let it bother you. true fans know they are true fans.

Like me for example...I didn't get ACB until Christmas, so I was behind a lot of others, rank-wise. The REASON I didn't get it until Christmas was because I had been laid off for a long time (until very recently when I started working again) and I couldn't afford it when it came out. Does that make me not a true fan? Of course not. I've been following the game since the day I saw Altair wrecking people on the gallows in the first AC commercial (with a crossbow though, wtf?) and that doesn't change no matter what, ya know?

So...I recognize your true fandom.

Spartacus803
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Sure go ahead and add me. It's nice to meet you. I'm a stealth player as well although I will run to a target if I don't hear whispers or have no pursuers. I really enjoy the challenging matches that other stealth players offer and I have found most people from this fourm are awesome to play against.

I don't have a particular fondness for runners that is for sure and have been known to rage a bit about it but have grown to realize it's all part of the game. There is alot of valuable info from the board about trying to find ways to counter the runners and roofers. I find when I get in a game where I begin to rage I make to many stupid mistakes so I try not to let anyone take me out of my strategy even if it means I don't get top 3. Although when having a bad day of gaming I do break out Captain Awesome!

Crumplecorn
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
You don't even what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>know where to start

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
You don't even what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>know where to start </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How about the first sentence?

Crumplecorn
02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
I can't. It's too painful to consider the possibility that somebody... anybody... would say something like... that. I mean, what? What?

If I think about it too much, I might hurt myself or others.

Lyleator
02-14-2011, 05:57 PM
In short, yeah, just build a bridge

(and get to level 50)

Tom_Grimm
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not a Grandmaster nor level 50, so when I do beat a ranked Wanted match of five Grandmasters I think a couple of them think I cheated or something. I like to think that they're just really impressed with my skills though.

nightpriestess
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
I can't. It's too painful to consider the possibility that somebody... anybody... would say something like... that. I mean, what? What?

If I think about it too much, I might hurt myself or others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I was thinking. Seriously, wat.

Serrachio
02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Those people are ****s, ignore them and play for your own enjoyment.

Hawkmoondirge
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
It's your game, play it as you see fit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Plus, skill does not equal level. I've had many a match as a lowby beating the higher ranks. It's all about skill.
Plus, what does playing AC2 have to do with being a "fan". Doesnt matter if you started with one, or just started with brotherhoo, if you like the game your a fan. :0

Dont let the haters hate, enjoy the game!

xCr0wnedNorris
02-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I've been a fan of Assassin's Creed since the first 1, sometimes I still play it and whenever I start a memory sequence and it does that long conversation with Al-Mualem I'm like: "Just you wait until #7 you mother ****er, I'm gonna tear your **** up!"

(Prepare for an all caps post...)

And when Assassin's Creed 2 came out I was like: "OMG! DOUBLE HIDDEN BLADE! ASJDHALDFKJASDFH! HOLY CRAP A HIDDEN GUN THIS IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!! OMG A ROMAN GOD! JASIFUHUERQWPEICNMCBX!"

And when I saw the trailer for Brotherhood I was like:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

and pre-ordered it in June.

El Zo1212o
02-14-2011, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spartacus803:
...I try not to let anyone take me out of my strategy even if it means I don't get top 3... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Welcome to the real winner's circle, friend. I stick to my play style even when I'm dead last- if it doesn't work, it's because I'm doing something wrong.

Ahxakri
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
On the fact about how to determine the skill level of others...You play them. Honestly, they allow anyone to be Grand Masters these days. Alliance is the only mode where I've seen Grand Masters actually LIVE up to their title. Possibly because it is the least played mode and anyone who is a Grand Master actually knows how to play...

In general, I meet many Grand Masters in every mode (Even in Alliance, just not nearly as much.). However, they can play like ****ing n00bs. They simply get three lucky high scores a week or something. I'm not sure how much you need to be a Grand Master, but these people aren't anywhere near me in Templar Grade...

I just like to see what they can do before judging them. Even if they aren't near me in the Templar Grade doesn't mean they aren't as good, but it doesn't mean they are as good as I.

PryingTuna85649
02-15-2011, 12:28 AM
This is the first Assassin's Creed game I've ever played (actually the first I've ever heard of even...haven't been very steady with gaming throughout my life). I LOVE it...it's extremely smart, amazing graphics, love the history, and it's loads of fun. I do want to get the first two, but just because I don't have them doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game. The people who are probably barking down your throat about not being a "true fan" are teenagers who think that the image of doing something for x amount of time actually makes a difference. Don't put too much stock in what they say. They'll get what's coming to them. I'm Level 42 now, have completed the single player game and Xbox achievements, and have only been playing this single Assassin's Creed game (none of the others EVER) since Xmas. Doesn't mean I'm a good player. Just means I'm really addicted and really enjoy the game. *shrugs*

cptn_k
02-15-2011, 05:14 AM
As another massive fan of the series, I started with AC2 (and bought my PS3 just for this game!), then went and got AC1 after finishing 2, then pre-ordered ACB, I feel sorry you've had these comments in the first place.

Being one of the most inclusive and welcoming games and forums, I have always enjoyed AC series, especially MP, and have been pleasantly surprised by most people's friendliness.
Unfortunately, like anythying in life, there is always a minority that seem to behave like arrogant/ignorant idiots.

Imo it's rather childish bullying tactics (which stink), probably by players who think they're something special, when they're not.
Further wound up if they get beaten in the game.

I've never had any nasty or derogatory comments from playing, except in one of my very first games, when I got spammed with messages in chinese by another player...couldn't read them, don't care anyway.

Anyway, I would just ignore these obvious idiots, don't be drawn in or be bothered by them, play your game how you want.

In terms of your level - it's just a number, and doesn't mean anything (other than getting your abilities and perks levelled up), and when you play ranked games, levels are irrelevant.

I've seen plenty of high level players spanked by lower level players (myself included! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ), but would never resort to anything other than congratz for playing well and beating me, and maybe sending a friend request.

Seems like the anonymity of t'interwebz can turn certain people into complete idiots http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

obliviondoll
02-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Yes... because your level is a good indication of how many previous AC games you played.

Personally, I haven't seen this, because I reached 50 ages ago.

If I was a low-level player hearing this though, I could probably dig up pictures of my AC1 Pre-Ordered Special Edition box, my AC2 Pre-Ordered Black Edition box, and my Brotherhood Pre-Ordered Codex Edition box.

I wouldn't bother, but I'm fairly confident you have a solid enough background there to support yourself without needing validation from other players.

SmileyRK21
02-15-2011, 06:18 AM
As most of you should know, I am an AC veteran, being a fan since #1. I preordered AC2 months before it was released. I got into the multiplayer beta of AC:B, because I preordered the game the week it was available. But I don't play the multiplayer much. I recently went back to playing the multiplayer, after getting almost all of the stuff in the singleplayer. But since I am only around level 26 in the multiplayer, people constantly yell at me for being an "untrue fan" and "Only having Brotherhood", when they say things like "I've been playing since AC2!!!". Has any other veterans been yelled at for not having a high multiplayer level? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude I've been playing since AC1, got it for my laptop and now gonna start it again for xbox. Got brotherhood for christmas and I still havn't finished the single player and I only got the wi-fi extender thing since the end of january, I'm on level 41/42 I think on the MP. It doesn't matter what your level is man, they just bash everyone online and call ya noob or whatever coz it's easy to shout it through a headset, don't let it bother ya. I have loved AC since the start and I'm sure u have 2, just coz my level isn't great doesn't mean I can't be a devoted fan like. I'd say most AC players don't even know who Altair is (much cooler than Ezio IMO) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Kep on playin' and hope ta see ya online if u have an xbox

PryingTuna85649
02-15-2011, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cptn_k:
As another massive fan of the series, I started with AC2 (and bought my PS3 just for this game!), then went and got AC1 after finishing 2, then pre-ordered ACB, I feel sorry you've had these comments in the first place.

Being one of the most inclusive and welcoming games and forums, I have always enjoyed AC series, especially MP, and have been pleasantly surprised by most people's friendliness.
Unfortunately, like anythying in life, there is always a minority that seem to behave like arrogant/ignorant idiots.

Imo it's rather childish bullying tactics (which stink), probably by players who think they're something special, when they're not.
Further wound up if they get beaten in the game.

I've never had any nasty or derogatory comments from playing, except in one of my very first games, when I got spammed with messages in chinese by another player...couldn't read them, don't care anyway.

Anyway, I would just ignore these obvious idiots, don't be drawn in or be bothered by them, play your game how you want.

In terms of your level - it's just a number, and doesn't mean anything (other than getting your abilities and perks levelled up), and when you play ranked games, levels are irrelevant.

I've seen plenty of high level players spanked by lower level players (myself included! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ), but would never resort to anything other than congratz for playing well and beating me, and maybe sending a friend request.

Seems like the anonymity of t'interwebz can turn certain people into complete idiots http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason this reminds me of last night. I ended up in a lobby with this one girl who had her headset on and started swearing/complaining every time she died. Just made me want to kill her more, and I ended up bumping her from the top 3 to 5th or 6th.

Someone put their headset on between rounds and told her he doesn't usually use his headset because it gives away his position...ie a subtle hint to shut up because it was annoying. As the game starts, he turns his off. That round she spends half the match saying how people need to put on their headsets and talk more. The other half of the round, every time she got a Target she would start calling out their names. "Awww, Tuna! Oh Tuuuuunaaaa....!" *slams head against wall*

After the round ended, half of the people in that match immediately left.

PryingTuna85649
02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmileyRK21:
As most of you should know, I am an AC veteran, being a fan since #1. I preordered AC2 months before it was released. I got into the multiplayer beta of AC:B, because I preordered the game the week it was available. But I don't play the multiplayer much. I recently went back to playing the multiplayer, after getting almost all of the stuff in the singleplayer. But since I am only around level 26 in the multiplayer, people constantly yell at me for being an "untrue fan" and "Only having Brotherhood", when they say things like "I've been playing since AC2!!!". Has any other veterans been yelled at for not having a high multiplayer level? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude I've been playing since AC1, got it for my laptop and now gonna start it again for xbox. Got brotherhood for christmas and I still havn't finished the single player and I only got the wi-fi extender thing since the end of january, I'm on level 41/42 I think on the MP. It doesn't matter what your level is man, they just bash everyone online and call ya noob or whatever coz it's easy to shout it through a headset, don't let it bother ya. I have loved AC since the start and I'm sure u have 2, just coz my level isn't great doesn't mean I can't be a devoted fan like. I'd say most AC players don't even know who Altair is (much cooler than Ezio IMO) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Kep on playin' and hope ta see ya online if u have an xbox </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very well put. Good advice...keep this in mind!

All I have is AC:B (like I said in my other post), but I do know who Altair is. When reading about AC:B before getting the game, I actually thought it would be about Altair. I love Crusades history (wrote my senior Religion thesis on it) and was REALLY excited about seeing Crusades era Middle East with the aerial views and how the era and area are portrayed. I'm definitely gonna get AC1 and 2 for this, but am so into AC:B's multiplayer that I haven't been super concerned with getting them yet.

I do, however, have Bloodlines for PSP. It's not bad, but the graphics aren't anywhere near like what's on Xbox (and that, of course, is just because it's a handheld...PSP has fantastic graphics for a handheld, IMO). So because the details aren't really there (and my hands cramping, lol), I don't really like it like I would on the Xbox. But it's still pretty cool.

LaCava1
02-15-2011, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmileyRK21:

Dude I've been playing since AC1, got it for my laptop and now gonna start it again for xbox. Got brotherhood for christmas and I still havn't finished the single player and I only got the wi-fi extender thing since the end of january, I'm on level 41/42 I think on the MP. It doesn't matter what your level is man, they just bash everyone online and call ya noob or whatever coz it's easy to shout it through a headset, don't let it bother ya. I have loved AC since the start and I'm sure u have 2, just coz my level isn't great doesn't mean I can't be a devoted fan like. I'd say most AC players don't even know who Altair is (much cooler than Ezio IMO) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Kep on playin' and hope ta see ya online if u have an xbox </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm glad I have another person agree that Altair is cooler than Ezio.

LaCava1
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:

All I have is AC:B (like I said in my other post), but I do know who Altair is. When reading about AC:B before getting the game, I actually thought it would be about Altair. I love Crusades history (wrote my senior Religion thesis on it) and was REALLY excited about seeing Crusades era Middle East with the aerial views and how the era and area are portrayed. I'm definitely gonna get AC1 and 2 for this, but am so into AC:B's multiplayer that I haven't been super concerned with getting them yet.

I do, however, have Bloodlines for PSP. It's not bad, but the graphics aren't anywhere near like what's on Xbox (and that, of course, is just because it's a handheld...PSP has fantastic graphics for a handheld, IMO). So because the details aren't really there (and my hands cramping, lol), I don't really like it like I would on the Xbox. But it's still pretty cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see. Imagine that you met me online, but you were a total jerk to me, saying I was a total noob who had played none of the games except Brotherhood. I can accept you because you know the game's story/characters. It infuriates me when people say I'm a noob, and call Ezio things like Enzo, Enzio, and I've heard people go as far as Eznio. I get so freaking annoyed.

PryingTuna85649
02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:

I do, however, have Bloodlines for PSP. It's not bad, but the graphics aren't anywhere near like what's on Xbox (and that, of course, is just because it's a handheld...PSP has fantastic graphics for a handheld, IMO). So because the details aren't really there (and my hands cramping, lol), I don't really like it like I would on the Xbox. But it's still pretty cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see. Imagine that you met me online, but you were a total jerk to me, saying I was a total noob who had played none of the games except Brotherhood. I can accept you because you know the game's story/characters. It infuriates me when people say I'm a noob, and call Ezio things like Enzo, Enzio, and I've heard people go as far as Eznio. I get so freaking annoyed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would never be right for me to be an outright jerk to you (or anyone). Unless they really did something horrible to me, but even then, technically the best thing to do is take the high road. I don't understand how anyone can say stuff like that to others, but that's just the way some people are.