PDA

View Full Version : Bombs, yes or no?

Altair661
09-10-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't know about you... but personally I think the bombs are cool an all, but I could really care less for them. Unless they set it up to where they make it obvious that you should use bombs here, I probably will not be using them much. However the number of them you can make intrests me, mainly the distraction ones.

The hook blade on the other hand, I think will be really cool. Bring in some more varitey in the combat.

But overall, I think alot of you will agree with me, I am most excited for the story more than anything else. While the new gamepalay changes are welcomed, had they left out the bombs, I wouldn't really notice the difference, and would still be buying the game none the less for the story and the epic climax that's supposed to take place.

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I like the concept of gathering materials from around the map more than crafting bombs. The bombs are ok but I don't see myself using them all that often. I do think it's cool that using different materials and shell types will change the outcome of the bomb but I can't say I'm super excited about them or the hookblade for that matter. They are just kinda cool add ons.

bveUSbve
09-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I dislike the bombs. At least in the way they are implemented, as easily and unrestrictedly to use as modern hand grenades. This is not only highly unrealistic (for Ezio's epoch) but also pushes players to use them quite often - which isn't the "style" I want "my" master-assassin to fight.

I'd rather they would have improved various aspects of the already established fighting (and may be given us bombs for special occasions only). Or had implemented difficulty-settings...

eagleforlife1
09-11-2011, 02:32 AM
I would prefer to be a proper assassin with primitive weapons. Not with gun's built into my arm and multiple modern day hand grenades being carried on my persona.

ProletariatPleb
09-11-2011, 03:14 AM
I like the bombs, gotta be careful when using them because if I kill civilians....well, you know what happens. Plus, it's not like go boom boom everywhere, you need ingredients. I don't think finding those ingredients to going to be easy, or maybe it is...

Dralight
09-11-2011, 03:22 AM
I quite like the idea of bombs actually, i don't see myself using Lethal bombs too much because i prefer the traditional style of fighting, but the Tactical and Diversion bombs sound pretty cool. Hopefully it will be entirely up to us whether or not we use them and are never forced to use them for a mission.

dxsxhxcx
09-11-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't mind them as long as they don't force us to use them (specially for those 100% sync missions... ), I believe they'll be a good distraction when I want to just kill some guards and cause some chaos around Constantinople instead of doing missions... :P

LightRey
09-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by bveUSbve:
I dislike the bombs. At least in the way they are implemented, as easily and unrestrictedly to use as modern hand grenades. This is not only highly unrealistic (for Ezio's epoch) but also pushes players to use them quite often - which isn't the "style" I want "my" master-assassin to fight.

I'd rather they would have improved various aspects of the already established fighting (and may be given us bombs for special occasions only). Or had implemented difficulty-settings...
How is it highly unrealistic? These kinds of bombs were commonly used in those days and they basically work in the ways shown in the demo. If there's one person who would have much use for them it would be someone like Ezio, who could relatively easily get his hands on the required materials and would often be in situations that would require small explosives. It's perfectly realistic in every way.

bveUSbve
09-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
How is it highly unrealistic? These kinds of bombs were commonly used in those days and they basically work in the ways shown in the demo.
How do you know?

I've had a discussion about this bomb-feature recently (in another forum), no one argued they were "commonly used". We came to the conclusion, that, although there apparently existed early versions of "hand grenades", they definitely were NOT as easily and regularly usable as modern hand grenades are. That's why I think the way they are depicted in 'Revelations' (as seen so far) is highly unrealistic.

Anyways, I simply dislike the fighting-style of using bombs on a regular basis. And I would have MUCH preferred if Ubisoft had created some other feature - almost ANY other feature that is not as "primitive" as bombs.

It's perfectly realistic in every way.
Well, as realistic as flying for an unlimited amount of time with Leonardo's flying machine, just helped by some fire on the ground... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

eagleforlife1
09-11-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
How is it highly unrealistic? These kinds of bombs were commonly used in those days and they basically work in the ways shown in the demo.
How do you know?

I've had a discussion about this bomb-feature recently (in another forum), no one argued they were "commonly used". We came to the conclusion, that, although there apparently existed early versions of "hand grenades", they definitely were NOT as easily and regularly usable as modern hand grenades are. That's why I think the way they are depicted in 'Revelations' (as seen so far) is highly unrealistic.

Anyways, I simply dislike the fighting-style of using bombs on a regular basis. And I would have MUCH preferred if Ubisoft had created some other feature - almost ANY other feature that is not as "primitive" as bombs.

It's perfectly realistic in every way.
Well, as realistic as flying for an unlimited amount of time with Leonardo's flying machine, just helped by some fire on the ground... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ^

ChaosxNetwork
09-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Well I only use anything if it is necesary at the time.
people complain about everything from the crossbow to smoke bombs. Saying it make the game too easy. I say to those people don't use any of that stuff then.

If I know I can use a diversion bomb to get lose people in a chase then I will. If I think that using an explosive bomb will speed up a fight or end one before it even starts then yes. But the thing is there will always be multiple ways to do something and with different equipment.
The bombs are a great addition and I welcome them greatly as with all new things in a game, as I don't have to use them.

Assassin_M
09-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Definitely Yes.
and Why No ? if you dont want to use them, then dont. I mean why say no if you can completely disregard their presence ?
all in all I believe they are a welcome new addition to Ezio`s Vast arsenal of tools and it just adds another Spice to an already tasty Meal.

blazefp
09-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Well I only use anything if it is necesary at the time.
people complain about everything from the crossbow to smoke bombs. Saying it make the game too easy. I say to those people don't use any of that stuff then.

If I know I can use a diversion bomb to get lose people in a chase then I will. If I think that using an explosive bomb will speed up a fight or end one before it even starts then yes. But the thing is there will always be multiple ways to do something and with different equipment.
The bombs are a great addition and I welcome them greatly as with all new things in a game, as I don't have to use them.

This ^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by LightRey:

How do you know?

Anyways, I simply dislike the fighting-style of using bombs on a regular basis. And I would have MUCH preferred if Ubisoft had created some other feature - almost ANY other feature that is not as "primitive" as bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bomb like these is very simple to do. You just need gun powder, sand, another material of your choice (spikes, flour, more gun powder, whatever you wanna blow to your enemy's face) and then close everything inside a can. The strength of the fall will create friction between the sand and the gunpowder and will make it blow.
It isn't unrealistic, in fact the demo proved to be very correct in crafting a bomb.

Colossus_1191
09-11-2011, 09:30 AM
At first I wasn't too sure about them. But I used the trap bomb in the beta though and I have to say I enjoyed it. I am quite curious to all the different bombs we will be able to make and how we can tactically use them.

Capta1nPooface
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Not at a fan at ALL.

It seems AC1 and 2 had the most stealth, which I prefer.

I mean an assassin using bombs? Come on now.. It looks like the AC games are getting easier and easier..

ChaosxNetwork
09-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Capta1nPooface:
Not at a fan at ALL.

I mean an assassin using bombs? Come on now.. It looks like the AC games are getting easier and easier..
you obviously need to read my post or some others.
if you dont want to use them then dont, doesnt mean they are a poor addition to the series.
yes assassin creed is all about stealth but some bombs help escaping chases or diverting guards attention which is very assassins creed indeed

blazefp
09-11-2011, 09:45 AM
the game is not getting easier, these new bombs are for ACR the same thing as the hidden blade was for AC1. Plus, if Ezio could use them, why refuse it?

eagleforlife1
09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Capta1nPooface:
Not at a fan at ALL.

This ^

naran6142
09-11-2011, 09:55 AM
at first i didn't like the idea but now im ok with it.

my one problem is that ezio carries way to much stuff with him all at once. if we were limited to carry only certain equipment at a time then i would like the bombs a lot more

in ACB u could take out 50 enemies at range and bombs only add to that, which i dislike

i am looking forward to seeing the different kinds of bomb tho

eagleforlife1
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
at first i didn't like the idea but now im ok with it.

my one problem is that ezio carries way to much stuff with him all at once. if we were limited to carry only certain equipment at a time then i would like the bombs a lot more

in ACB u could take out 50 enemies at range and bombs only add to that, which i dislike

i am looking forward to seeing the different kinds of bomb tho

Agree with the middle two paragraphs.

Capta1nPooface
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capta1nPooface:
Not at a fan at ALL.

you obviously need to read my post or some others.
if you dont want to use them then dont, doesnt mean they are a poor addition to the series.
yes assassin creed is all about stealth but some bombs help escaping chases or diverting guards attention which is very assassins creed indeed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm entitled to my own opinion, I highly doubt mines is going to change by reading other posts.

I'm just not a fan of the bombs at all, and I know I won't have to use them, but IMO the devs should focus their energy on something else instead of bombs.

SixKeys
09-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:

^^ This.

Limiting your amount of equipment would solve quite a lot of problems with the lack of challenge, actually. One reason I did NOT order the Animus edition was because it came with more upgrades to your arsenal, like carrying more bullets, bombs, crossbow bolts etc. I actually liked being limited to only three smoke bombs at a time in AC2 and ACB. It made me think more carefully about when to use them.

Inorganic9_2
09-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not a fan of the idea, but I'll have to see how they play. I think I'd only use them once I'm exposed or if I'm very far away. It's always annoyed me that guards don't seem to have ears in this series!

Also, how does the lamb's blood work?

dxsxhxcx
09-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

^^ This.

Limiting your amount of equipment would solve quite a lot of problems with the lack of challenge, actually. One reason I did NOT order the Animus edition was because it came with more upgrades to your arsenal, like carrying more bullets, bombs, crossbow bolts etc. I actually liked being limited to only three smoke bombs at a time in AC2 and ACB. It made me think more carefully about when to use them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this "problem" could be solved by you buying just the amount you think it would be enough to provide you some challenge, the problem IMO lies in the other side (our enemies) that doesn't provide enough challenge for us to make us think when would be the best moment to use the weapons we have at our disposal, you are fighting 10 guards at once and then decide to use the bombs to kill them faster, then right after this you trigger another battle with some more guards, not have the bombs in your pocket won't be a problem because they would only make the battle ends faster and not save your life from a imminent death...

naran6142
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

^^ This.

Limiting your amount of equipment would solve quite a lot of problems with the lack of challenge, actually. One reason I did NOT order the Animus edition was because it came with more upgrades to your arsenal, like carrying more bullets, bombs, crossbow bolts etc. I actually liked being limited to only three smoke bombs at a time in AC2 and ACB. It made me think more carefully about when to use them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this "problem" could be solved by you buying just the amount you think it would be enough to provide you some challenge, the problem IMO lies in the other side (our enemies) that doesn't provide enough challenge for us to make us think when would be the best moment to use the weapons we have at our disposal, you are fighting 10 guards at once and then decide to use the bombs to kill them faster, then right after this you trigger another battle with some more guards, not have the bombs in your pocket won't be a problem because they would only make the battle ends faster and not save your life from a imminent death... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is true as well

but at least if we had limited equipment we would have to think more about how we were going to get passed the guards instead of just killing everyone at ranage

SleezeRocker
09-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I picked choice 2.

Smoke bomb themselves are useful in many ways.

In ACR sure they say you can make 1000 bombs...but somehow I get the feeling most of them will be the same but slighty diffrent.

Like make you can make incendiary bomb, perhaps they may be: Deployable like a trip bomb, throw them/drop, perhaps "carpet" bomb (like throw them in a series of bombs and make a line of fire etc). that's how I imagine what they say "ooh 1k bombs!"

Just hope there isn't a trophy for making exaclty 1000 diffrent bombs..I may lose track and I suck at math ha! but if constructing 1000 bombs (let's say I just made 1000 incendiary only) then that I could go for since I'll just restock when necessary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It be intersting to see Acid bombs..but that's just wishful thinking, since I'd like to have Ezio pull off a Reptile on guards O_o

Jexx21
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
They said over 300, not 1000. >.>

bveUSbve
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
A bomb like these is very simple to do. You just need gun powder, sand, another material of your choice (spikes, flour, more gun powder, whatever you wanna blow to your enemy's face) and then close everything inside a can. The strength of the fall will create friction between the sand and the gunpowder and will make it blow.
It isn't unrealistic, in fact the demo proved to be very correct in crafting a bomb.
I haven't seen a demo about crafting a bomb. And anyway, the crafting is not something I am concerned about.

It's the function of the bombs depicted in demos published so far that appears unrealistic to me. Sorry, I'm still NOT convinced a bomb like the one you describe can be used as safely as is desirable if it's user wishes to continue living for a while... What's about any friction occurring while you are carrying bombs and jump about as is Ezio's way? How long until one of your bombs blows your own head off, accidentally?

No, there must be a reason why hand grenades became commonly used only much later in history. (World War I probably.)

And I repeat: Even if the bombs shown in demos were not as unrealistic as I (still) think they are, I agree with others that it would have been MUCH preferable if Ubisoft had chosen some other new feature for inclusion in 'Revelations'.

Assassin_M
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM

I haven't seen a demo about crafting a bomb.
Gamescom Demo ?

Altair661
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I was cool with bombs, like someone said earlier, you don't HAVE to use them. But when I saw that gamescom demo, and he took out ALL of those gaurds (after he came in the gate) with basically frag grenades, it seemed kinda un AC.

The thought of using them to approach the mission the way YOU want to is cool. But running through tossing frag grenades at all of your enemies seems pointless to me. It'll be interesting how it turns out...but they don't suit my kind of play style.

donngold
09-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Not sure how i feel about bombs. I like the diversion bombs just not sure why we need grenades or the other bombs. Smoke bombs worked fine as chase breakers for me anyway. Idk im torn they seem cool...i guess ill have to wait and see when i get the game which seems like its taking forever! I want the game so bad

Sushiglutton
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I was sceptical at first. In the preview u can see how eight guards are killed by just throwing a couple of bombs. I was afraid it would make the game too easy to introduce another "win-button". However after thiking about it some more I think it can introduce a ton of variation to gameplay. Setting traps and fooling guards to move to certain spots can be ton of fun imo. So I'm very optimistic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!

rileypoole1234
09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I like the satisfaction it gives me in the Beta to set up a bomb and wait for someone to come through and then BAM.

rain89c
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Agree with highly unrealistic, especially how Ezio used them. Reminded me of modern day shooters.
I'd very much prefer them added new combat moves or free running skills than bombs.
An explosive would attract attention to one self, which contradicts with the 2nd tenet of the creed.

Dagio12
09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
it wouldnt necessarily attract unwanted attention to oneself if used properly. And you are in need to use a "grenade" in combat.... well, i think you've already gained attention at that point.
The thing is, those bombs are just another tool for the player to use. A way to create variety and freedom in how one person plays the game vs another. YOU may want to be a sneaky assassin using traps and lures... or nothing at all, but that doesnt mean the person down the street doesnt just want to cause a little mayhem. There are hundred of thousands of people that play this game, and the devs are managing a way to give people the freedom to do what they want, something people on this forum complain and beg for day in and day out... and now that we have more tools, more variety... people want them to strip things away forcing us to play more of one style then another. I personally enjoy the variety that AC gives to the player. And if bombs are used right, I think they will create some interesting scenarios and allow me to tackle things in multiple ways. So with that said, yes, I think they are a welcome addition.

naran6142
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
Agree with highly unrealistic, especially how Ezio used them. Reminded me of modern day shooters.
I'd very much prefer them added new combat moves or free running skills than bombs.
An explosive would attract attention to one self, which contradicts with the 2nd tenet of the creed.

i'll agree with you on the point that they should add more stuff to free-running

Dagio12
09-11-2011, 06:20 PM
as far as unrealistic.. of course, they may not have been exactly like what we see in the game.. but I say that word again, GAME... but overall, the grenades in the game are actually quite realistic, in fact small hand grenades were around well before the 10th century.. by the 15 century many soldiers used small hand grenades, incendiary grenades, and caltrop like grenades.

http://gilbert1986.blogspot.co...re-hand-grenade.html (http://gilbert1986.blogspot.com/2011/01/byzantine-greek-fire-hand-grenade.html)

games will take some artistic liberties, but weapons like this were common in those times, and to not include them would be silly. Especially considering that someone like Ezio, would very well be able to get his hands on weapons like this, and should capitalize on that to be better prepared to face his enemies..

EnglishPhoenix
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Remember, though, Ezio's getting really old. For him, a bomb would be so much easier than having to fight a horde of guards.

When I watched the video, I cracked up when he threw the bomb right at a group of guards and blew them all up. Maybe it's not the most realistic thing, but I was still very entertained by it. So, I'll probably use bombs once in a while for kicks.

naran6142
09-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
as far as unrealistic.. of course, they may not have been exactly like what we see in the game.. but I say that word again, GAME... but overall, the grenades in the game are actually quite realistic, in fact small hand grenades were around well before the 10th century.. by the 15 century many soldiers used small hand grenades, incendiary grenades, and caltrop like grenades.

http://gilbert1986.blogspot.co...re-hand-grenade.html (http://gilbert1986.blogspot.com/2011/01/byzantine-greek-fire-hand-grenade.html)

games will take some artistic liberties, but weapons like this were common in those times, and to not include them would be silly. Especially considering that someone like Ezio, would very well be able to get his hands on weapons like this, and should capitalize on that to be better prepared to face his enemies..

you would never think that hand grenades would have existed back then, but it looks like they do

it cool to learn about these thing especially the greek fire

Jexx21
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:

Assassin's in the first game were actually supposed to make themselves seen and draw attention onto one-self as to instill fear into the hearts of the enemies of the Templars. But upon Altiar's accession to Grandmaster of the order, he removed that requirement, and just said for others to follow the Creed. The second tenet only requires that you hide yourself in plain sight, as to appear as a commoner. This mostly applies to the entry and escape of the vicinity of a target(s), which can include guards and main assassination targets.

If the 2nd tenet was required all the time, even in combat, both Ezio AND Altiar have broken it many, many times.

Jexx21
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh, and I say HELL YESS! to the bombs.

eagleforlife1
09-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Just as long as this is the only Assassin's Creed game that they are used in. Nikolai Orelov didn't even use them as late as 1917.

LightRey
09-12-2011, 01:42 AM
I like any new concept that expands the creative freedom of the player, so bombs are more than welcome.

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Just as long as this is the only Assassin's Creed game that they are used in. Nikolai Orelov didn't even use them as late as 1917.

I doubt they'll have the courage to remove any gameplay aspect already implemented in the next game (AC3), maybe the hookblade, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a excuse to use it in the next game...... :P

ps: Nikolai used guns;

iN3krO
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM
If they make the combat harder so you would think, it's better i use bombs cuz combat will take long and i can fail then bombs yes.

In gamescom demo you throw a bomb to distract guards... that's ****ing stupid, wasn't it easier to just pull over and kill them 2?...

eagleforlife1
09-12-2011, 07:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

I doubt they'll have the courage to remove any gameplay aspect already implemented in the next game (AC3), maybe the hookblade, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a excuse to use it in the next game...... :P

ps: Nikolai used guns; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Nikolai used guns. I've got nothing against him using guns as they are the main weapon in his time period. But it's just strange that Ezio is using hand grenades in 1511 and yet Nikolai never touched them in 1917.

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

I know Nikolai used guns. I've got nothing against him using guns as they are the main weapon in his time period. But it's just strange that Ezio is using hand grenades in 1511 and yet Nikolai never touched them in 1917. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he probably didn't have the opportunity to use them or used them in other situation, besides the hidden blade that is part of the identity of the Creed, the other gadgets are optional and it's up to the person use them or not...

ProdiGurl
09-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I honestly don't know. I checked out the demo this weekend and I'm worried that if you've gathered enough material, that if you keep using those bombs, they'll make the game super easy & I don't want that.

I'll probly only use the bombs if I have to as a last resort to escape or divert if it's too hard without them.
If a certain one you make comes in real handy, I'll probly use it regularly.
The smoke bombs were great in ACB & I used those pretty generously in some tough spots.

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm wondering if only those distraction bombs will draw the guards attention or all the kind of bombs will do this, I hope all of them do this... :P

and if depending of the bomb's power it'll draw the attention of more guards than only the guards right in front of it...

Dagio12
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
If they make the combat harder so you would think, it's better i use bombs cuz combat will take long and i can fail then bombs yes.

In gamescom demo you throw a bomb to distract guards... that's ****ing stupid, wasn't it easier to just pull over and kill them 2?...

They were simply showing off the different types of bombs....

**its a DEMO, its designed to show off different things**

I think using certain bombs as distraction to avoid confrontation is a pretty great addition. Not everyone wants to just fight guards all the time.

ProdiGurl
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Not everyone wants to just fight guards all the time.

This is really true. I come from mainly an FPS background and when I played ACB, one of my gripes was the stealth! lol
I wanted to kill everybody, not sneak by undetected.
It wasn't until I played ACB & 2 that I figured out it's what Assassins do & then I started appreciating the stealth aspects & had fun with it.

BK-110
09-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I really have to get this off my chest first: It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less". You're trying to say that it's not possible for you to care less about them, after all.

On topic: I like the idea of distraction bombs, but I don't think that I will use lethal bombs much, since they seem somewhat overpowered...

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

I think using certain bombs as distraction to avoid confrontation is a pretty great addition. Not everyone wants to just fight guards all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe what he was trying to say is that there's no real use for the bombs (other than have fun exploding everything) because the game is too easy and we don't need to worry about avoid direct combat.. what is true...

AssassinVulpy
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Bombs? Me likey. XD

I can't wait to blow up some guards and see their torn and bloody limbs flying everywhere. ^^

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM

Oh they will for sure find a reason to put the hookblade into other games. It wouldn't really even be hard they could (and probably will) just say it's part of Ezio's codex and is something he learned from Constantinople and brought to the Italian/European assassins since we know because of Embers that he comes back to live in Florence. Or the next game could just take place somewhere where the assassins are already knew about it and are using it.

Altair661
09-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
Bombs? Me likey. XD

I can't wait to blow up some guards and see their torn and bloody limbs flying everywhere. ^^

Uhm, I'd hate to interefer with your love for blowing up limbs. But AC doesnt have that. For some reason in ALL of their counters, there's not a single one where he chops on a arm or a leg. So I don't think you'll be blowin off arms in ACR...

Dagio12
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

I think using certain bombs as distraction to avoid confrontation is a pretty great addition. Not everyone wants to just fight guards all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe what he was trying to say is that there's no real use for the bombs (other than have fun exploding everything) because the game is too easy and we don't need to worry about avoid direct combat.. what is true... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what he said, it sounded like he was just saying, why not just kill them instead of using a distraction bomb... in which i replied that not everyone wants to fight and giving us an additional means to lure guards away from us to go by unnoticed is a good addition IMO.

I think it could be useful.. for instance, the demo states the 100% sync is to not kill anyone.. so in that sense, it would be a good idea to lure guards away from combat. So it could prove useful.

i guess if you want to get technical, and by your standards, then there really is no use for 95% of the mechanics that we have since we could just fight and kill everything in sight... but to me, thats boring and really shows a lack of imagination. I dont care that I can kill 30 guys, thats not the way I like playing my character. Im going to use the mechanics and tools available to broaden my experience.

With that said, Im not going to run around with grenades blowing people up just because I can, thats not my thing, if a situation calls for it.. then we will see.

I think the bombs we are given will only increase my creativity on how I carry out a mission and will give me the tools to carry missions out the way i see fit.

Dieinthedark
09-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't really care for them but don't hate them. As long as the sword combat is still fun (and HOPEFULLY LIKE WICKED DIFFICULT) i'll be fine. Basically I don't want to see bombs take the spotlight of the game.

LightRey
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
Bombs? Me likey. XD

Uhm, I'd hate to interefer with your love for blowing up limbs. But AC doesnt have that. For some reason in ALL of their counters, there's not a single one where he chops on a arm or a leg. So I don't think you'll be blowin off arms in ACR... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it would also be unrealistic if they did. The human body is much too sturdy for a (relatively) small bomb to tear it to pieces.

crash3
09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I like the bombs but to be honest, the game is already really easy and the bombs are just yet another feature that makes the game ridiculously one-sided, I actually feel sorry for all those guards who are gonna get destroyed effortlessly!

The bombs would be better if the game had challenging enough situations that actually force you to use them but just like the brotherhood, the bombs are purely a choice, we could still just casually walk in and slaughter 30 guards in a matter of seconds without being stealthy or using bombs

So until Ubisoft ramps up the difficulty of the game, the bombs will simply be a nice but unecessary feature in the game.

eagleforlife1
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
I like the bombs but to be honest, the game is already really easy and the bombs are just yet another feature that makes the game ridiculously one-sided, I actually feel sorry for all those guards who are gonna get destroyed effortlessly!

The bombs would be better if the game had challenging enough situations that actually force you to use them but just like the brotherhood, the bombs are purely a choice, we could still just casually walk in and slaughter 30 guards in a matter of seconds without being stealthy or using bombs

So until Ubisoft ramps up the difficulty of the game, the bombs will simply be a nice but unecessary feature in the game.

Agree with everything.

Voltige2011
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by crash3:

Shouldn't we wait until the game to say that the game is easy? You do know you don't really have to use them, nobody is taping your thumbs to a controller, holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use them, or is someone?

How about using a crappy system of ingredients instead of using a gigantic mixture of shrapnel, sticky shells, small fuses, and highly combustible gunpowder before you say something is overpowered? Since I'm about 97% sure that
Ubi pulled out the nuclear warheads for the demo instead of anything you're likely to be using most of the time.

Bombs sound great though, long as I don't kill too many civilians. I'll probably just be using the most accurate ones though and try not to desynch for no good reason.

On a side note they added the hookblade, since half the pages seem to be whining about why they didn't make an addition to combat.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
On the note of killing civilians, did anyone hear the 'ooh-ooh-ah-this hurts' sound clip of the female civilian that got caught in the caltrop bomb? I laughed at that :P

Calvarok
09-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Well, we have no idea how Ubisoft has made the game trickier to compensate for all these cool things, so we'll have to wait before judging, yes?

Anyways, the fact that you can't loot them from guards, and have to actually craft them at stations means that you're going to have to be smart with your bombs. I don't think they're going to be as overpowered as everyone says, expecially since you can only have 5-10 lethal ones, and we saw the second most powerful explosive powder in the demo, and it's radius was only enough to kill about four guys.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Well, we have no idea how Ubisoft has made the game trickier to compensate for all these cool things, so we'll have to wait before judging, yes?

Anyways, the fact that you can't loot them from guards, and have to actually craft them at stations means that you're going to have to be smart with your bombs. I don't think they're going to be as overpowered as everyone says, expecially since you can only have 5-10 lethal ones, and we saw the second most powerful explosive powder in the demo, and it's radius was only enough to kill about four guys.
Very true. They're not grenades after all. Their shrapnel isn't as deadly.

CRUDFACE
09-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
On the note of killing civilians, did anyone hear the 'ooh-ooh-ah-this hurts' sound clip of the female civilian that got caught in the caltrop bomb? I laughed at that :P

Lmao, I didn't notice that! the things we do to keep them safe...even though they're dead already.

oliacr
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
No ! I didn't use it . Maybe sometimes 2-3x

JCearlyyears
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
I think i'll miss the hookblade a lot :'(

D.I.D.
03-23-2012, 11:07 PM
I like smoke bombs, but I didn't like the new ones in ACR. I might have liked them if you had to aim them with some judgement, like grenades in an FPS, but being given a precise target and also the bouncing angle was too much. Maybe they'd have seemed more special if they were much more rare too.

ShaneO7K
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/a/a1/a1bd71e9_revival.jpeg

ToniTorsi
03-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Bombs are a detrimental feature. At least they were in ACR

They made things too simple.

Plus they were very overpowered in Revelations and the radius was pretty huge. But honestly, I LOVED the idea of gathering materials to craft them. Great idea but wrong execution. (gathering limitless amounts of materials off of corpses was flawed and in doing so limited its potential)

If only Montreal would severely lessen the radius (like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 3) and find other innovative means of gathering materials for them ....I would love it to death and would be much more fun to use them.