PDA

View Full Version : Quetions about Ezio and Altair (Spoilers)

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
So, at the end of Revelations, you see Ezio taking off his armor. I assume this is when he "officially" decided to retire. (I put it that way, because he seemed like he'd had it earlier in the game.) Do we know how the succession of the Order passed along from there? And if so, how? I'm curious to know who was responsible for its conduct going forward.

Further more, when Ezio begins talking to Desmond, he sees an aparation in the form of Desmond, whose shoulder he places his hand on. I take this to be an illusion created for Ezio via the Apple (which is reletively apparent for obvious reasons). What do you all think of Ezio having seen this, and do you think that he was shown anything else by the Apple? Why do you think that he wasn't interested in hiding the Apple in another location considering that the Templars and Byzantiens were looking for this library, and knew that something powerful was contained inside?

Regarding Altair, do you think he simply went crazy? I recall him hearing/reliving/thinking about conversations he had with Maria. At one point, his son says something about it, feeling the need to point out that she was no longer with them, and had died years ago. What do you make of that? Do you think that the Apple was affecting his mental stability? At that, one of those conversations with Maria we overhear involves Altair telling her how to turn people away from the Apple, to keep them from looking for it, yet we see that Altair doesn't actually hide the Apple until just before his death. Do you think this conversation actually took place, or is it something he may of seen in the Apple?

I had something else I wanted to ask, a few more questions in fact, but my mind broke down from all this... so I'll leave you with that for now...

Poodle_of_Doom
04-21-2012, 06:21 AM
I don't mean to resurect an old thread.... but I think there are still a couple of good questions here, mainly the ones regarding Altair, and his son.

X10J
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
So, at the end of Revelations, you see Ezio taking off his armor. I assume this is when he "officially" decided to retire. (I put it that way, because he seemed like he'd had it earlier in the game.) Do we know how the succession of the Order passed along from there? And if so, how? I'm curious to know who was responsible for its conduct going forward.

Further more, when Ezio begins talking to Desmond, he sees an aparation in the form of Desmond, whose shoulder he places his hand on. I take this to be an illusion created for Ezio via the Apple (which is reletively apparent for obvious reasons). What do you all think of Ezio having seen this, and do you think that he was shown anything else by the Apple? Why do you think that he wasn't interested in hiding the Apple in another location considering that the Templars and Byzantiens were looking for this library, and knew that something powerful was contained inside?

Regarding Altair, do you think he simply went crazy? I recall him hearing/reliving/thinking about conversations he had with Maria. At one point, his son says something about it, feeling the need to point out that she was no longer with them, and had died years ago. What do you make of that? Do you think that the Apple was affecting his mental stability? At that, one of those conversations with Maria we overhear involves Altair telling her how to turn people away from the Apple, to keep them from looking for it, yet we see that Altair doesn't actually hide the Apple until just before his death. Do you think this conversation actually took place, or is it something he may of seen in the Apple?

I had something else I wanted to ask, a few more questions in fact, but my mind broke down from all this... so I'll leave you with that for now...

Well, with Ezio's hiding the apple, the Templars who were looking for it were dead, so maybe no one else knew where it was. Also, considering how long the Templars were trying (and failing) to get in, it seemed pretty safe.

As for Altair, he seemed to me like a man who lost a loved one, trying to keep their memory alive. Though I may be wrong.

FrederikHimpe
04-21-2012, 11:04 AM
i thought you could only enter the library with the altair seals,
i think ezio gave the seals to shao jun.

Will_Lucky
04-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Regarding the leadership, it either passed onto Machiaveili or Claudia. I'm sure he wrote that if he were to fall it would pass onto Claudia to lead on the Assassins, but if he offically passed it onto someone else he might have passed it onto Machiaveili or a rising star in Italy. According to the wiki Lodovico Ariosto led the Italien Assassins as Ezio offically passed it onto him in the novel.

In regards to the Apple, thats an odd one. Even the common foot soldier of the Templars knew about Masayf and the keys. Its obvious Ezio practically left it for them to obtain and he should have hidden it but didn't. Ultimately the wiki states it falls into the ownership of Elizabeth I, so 40 years later its not in the library anymore. I think in the end Ezio just didn't want anymore to do with it and left it.

dxsxhxcx
04-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Why do you think that he wasn't interested in hiding the Apple in another location considering that the Templars and Byzantiens were looking for this library, and knew that something powerful was contained inside?

he quit his life as an Assassin there, take the apple with him wouldn't make sense if he wanted to stay away from the Assassins to live the rest of his life in peace...

Poodle_of_Doom
04-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Regarding the leadership, it either passed onto Machiaveili or Claudia. I'm sure he wrote that if he were to fall it would pass onto Claudia to lead on the Assassins, but if he offically passed it onto someone else he might have passed it onto Machiaveili or a rising star in Italy. According to the wiki Lodovico Ariosto led the Italien Assassins as Ezio offically passed it onto him in the novel.

In regards to the Apple, thats an odd one. Even the common foot soldier of the Templars knew about Masayf and the keys. Its obvious Ezio practically left it for them to obtain and he should have hidden it but didn't. Ultimately the wiki states it falls into the ownership of Elizabeth I, so 40 years later its not in the library anymore. I think in the end Ezio just didn't want anymore to do with it and left it.

I imagine Machiavelli would have passed on by that point. At that, I'm surprised Ezio didn't hide it, or at least pass it on along with the Brotherhood.

Well, with Ezio's hiding the apple, the Templars who were looking for it were dead, so maybe no one else knew where it was. Also, considering how long the Templars were trying (and failing) to get in, it seemed pretty safe.

As for Altair, he seemed to me like a man who lost a loved one, trying to keep their memory alive. Though I may be wrong.

Could that have been in part to Ezio, and his quest to stop them?

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 07:17 AM
I imagine Machiavelli would have passed on by that point. At that, I'm surprised Ezio didn't hide it, or at least pass it on along with the Brotherhood.

Could that have been in part to Ezio, and his quest to stop them?

In the Revelations novel, Ezio asked Claudia to take on the responsibilities of leading the Italian Assassins for him while he was away.

Secondly, that's probably true, as he took the keys they were also looking for. But it would have also taken them longer than Ezio to discover the locations, since his experience would have allowed him to get there quicker.

Scystab
04-22-2012, 09:13 AM

So i'll try to answer as many questions as I can, some have already been answered :)

1.) Yes, according to the novels, Ezio granted Claudia the leadership while he was in Turkey, upon return, she eagerly returned the leadership and then Ezio sudgested Lodovico Ariosto, who was later elected by the Assassin's Council. Machiavelli wouldn't take the leadership, as Ezio said in the novel: "He would never accept. he is far too much of a thinker to be a leader"

2.) The apple showed Ezio many things, but he knew that some of them were not ment for him. By the end of Revelations Ezio knew he is a Vessel for something greater. So he embraced his role and transmitted the message to Desmond.
In the game cinematic we can see that Ezio is exhausted by his life as an Assassin. Perhaps he thought the Library was a safe place, if it managed to contain the secret for about 400 years, perhaps it would for another 400.

3.) Altair DID go crazy for a bit during his exploatation of the Apple. Many who wielded the apple went crazy because they wanted power and control, but Altair was driven by search of knowledge. And because all knowledge is too much for one life, he desperetly tried to learn it all, loosing grip of reality and time. He blamed himself for loosing Sef, the Order and Maria, because he was blinded by the Apple's knowledge.
I like X10J's sudgestion that those conversation may be simply a way of keeping the memory oh his love alive. But we were not shown Altairs every minute of his life, so these conversations may or may not have taken place

There, that's my 2 cents. I gave you quite a bit to read :) My information are mostly based on the Assassin's Creed Novels and AC Wiki.
Enjoy

Poodle_of_Doom
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
So i'll try to answer as many questions as I can, some have already been answered :)

1.) Yes, according to the novels, Ezio granted Claudia the leadership while he was in Turkey, upon return, she eagerly returned the leadership and then Ezio sudgested Lodovico Ariosto, who was later elected by the Assassin's Council. Machiavelli wouldn't take the leadership, as Ezio said in the novel: "He would never accept. he is far too much of a thinker to be a leader"

2.) The apple showed Ezio many things, but he knew that some of them were not ment for him. By the end of Revelations Ezio knew he is a Vessel for something greater. So he embraced his role and transmitted the message to Desmond.
In the game cinematic we can see that Ezio is exhausted by his life as an Assassin. Perhaps he thought the Library was a safe place, if it managed to contain the secret for about 400 years, perhaps it would for another 400.

3.) Altair DID go crazy for a bit during his exploatation of the Apple. Many who wielded the apple went crazy because they wanted power and control, but Altair was driven by search of knowledge. And because all knowledge is too much for one life, he desperetly tried to learn it all, loosing grip of reality and time. He blamed himself for loosing Sef, the Order and Maria, because he was blinded by the Apple's knowledge.
I like X10J's sudgestion that those conversation may be simply a way of keeping the memory oh his love alive. But we were not shown Altairs every minute of his life, so these conversations may or may not have taken place

There, that's my 2 cents. I gave you quite a bit to read :) My information are mostly based on the Assassin's Creed Novels and AC Wiki.
Enjoy

Thanks for the answers everyone. The only question I have at this point is that if it ends up outside of the library fourty years after the end of the game, do we know how the Templars made it into the vault?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the answers everyone. The only question I have at this point is that if it ends up outside of the library fourty years after the end of the game, do we know how the Templars made it into the vault?

By that time I think dynamite or c4 was used?, or maybe ezio left the door open ?

Abeonis
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM
After Ezio retired in 1512, leadership of the Italian sect of the Order passed to Ludovico Ariosto (Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludovico_Ariosto)|AC_Wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ludovico Ariosto)). Also, Machiavelli passed away in 1527, six years after Ezio.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow... I didn't realize he out lived Ezio. Anyway, I think in the begining part of the game, they were trying gunpowder, but couldn't blast it open, because the material was to dense or something like that...

Acrimonious_Nin
04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Then c4 for sure >_> unless Ezio left the door open..did you see him take the 5 memory seals after opening the door ?

Will_Lucky
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Then c4 for sure >_> unless Ezio left the door open..did you see him take the 5 memory seals after opening the door ?

Almost certainly, or he left them inside the Library and shut it. Which makes sense actually as the seals are effectively predecessors to the Animus and the Templars had to have gotten their designs from somewhere.

Ultimately the fact is an entire army of Templars was stationed there, the common foot soldier knew there was something hidden there and Ezio couldn't have killed all of them. So certainly they eventually managed to blast their way into it and take the Apple.

Serrachio
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
First of all, I doubt any Templars would get to the Apple left down there for a long time, since it's silly to think that they had C4 around 1512. It also seems like they managed to get Altair's Apple some time after Abstergo Industries was founded, as it was used in the Denver incident and they needed another, after all, Lucy mentions that in AC1.

Also, Ezio took the keys with him if you have read the Revelations novel. He left them underneath the Yerebatan Cistern and had the Ottoman Assassins be responsible for looking after them.

Abeonis
04-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Well, the Second Apple (the one left in the Library at the end of Revelations)made its way into the hand of Queen Elizabeth I of England, who reigned 1558-1603. Now, working on the postulate that Elizabeth came into possession of the Apple at some point early in her reign, it is reasonable to assume that her agents gained access to the Library at during the mid 16th Century, perhaps even before her coronation. Given the relatively short length of time between Ezio's visit and Elizabeth's coronation, there is no reason to believe C4 or any other major developments in explosive had occurred by that point.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-23-2012, 05:41 AM
All good points I never thought of...

Acrimonious_Nin
04-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, the Second Apple (the one left in the Library at the end of Revelations)made its way into the hand of Queen Elizabeth I of England, who reigned 1558-1603. Now, working on the postulate that Elizabeth came into possession of the Apple at some point early in her reign, it is reasonable to assume that her agents gained access to the Library at during the mid 16th Century, perhaps even before her coronation. Given the relatively short length of time between Ezio's visit and Elizabeth's coronation, there is no reason to believe C4 or any other major developments in explosive had occurred by that point.

Then Ezio clearly left the door open. how do you close that door anyways?

Abeonis
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM

I highly doubt Ezio would have left the door open; that defeats the point of his leaving the Apple hidden there. Unfortunately, I cannot put forward a realistic (well, as realistic as one can get in this case) theory as to how Elizabeth's agents got into the Vault afterward, but it is clear that they did.

Gil_217
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
LOL at the guy who is saying that Ezio left the door open. I seriously hope you were joking.

Clearly, Elizabeth found a way to enter the library, we don't know how because it was never mentioned, but we know that she somehow managed to do it. The answer to that question as of now is up to the player imagination, because Ubisoft didn't provide an explanation, so everyone can provide or elaborate an answer to that question, even though it's not, let's say, cannon.

With this said, you can basically say whatever you want, but for the love of God, don't say Ezio left the door open. That's just wrong.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
By that time I think dynamite or c4 was used?, or maybe ezio left the door open ?

LOL at the guy who is saying that Ezio left the door open. I seriously hope you were joking.

Clearly, Elizabeth found a way to enter the library, we don't know how because it was never mentioned, but we know that she somehow managed to do it. The answer to that question as of now is up to the player imagination, because Ubisoft didn't provide an explanation, so everyone can provide or elaborate an answer to that question, even though it's not, let's say, cannon.

With this said, you can basically say whatever you want, but for the love of God, don't say Ezio left the door open. That's just wrong.You wouldn't happen to be referring to me now would you? Why am I wrong? How is my belief wrong? How are you in any way more right than me to say that others can use there imagination, but I can not posit a possibility myself? Did I say that others could not contribute their thoughts on the matter? are you mad that some one else on another thread(this one on page 5,http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/668927-Altair-s-life-not-fully-revealed?p=8265326#post8265326) called you out, so you felt it would be warranted to come here with your arrogance ? Stop trolling please.

freddie_1897
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
^ well said sir, well said.

@GII_217- you have no proof that Ezio didn't close the door, so don't make false allegations in a patronising way, you said yourself that we don't know for sure so don't contradict yourself

Poodle_of_Doom
04-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Easy guys...

freddie_1897
04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Easy guys...
i won't bring it up again, but he's been acting this way on a few posts so i thought i'd better tell him before he gets on everyone's nerves

jmk1999
04-23-2012, 05:30 PM
technicalities... get over it... it's just a game. there's better things to argue about... and if arguments get too heated, take them to a PM, not here. no one wants to read pages upon pages of arguing... especially not myself when i really don't care to read through an entire topic to figure out what started it in the first place. :rolleyes: why don't we just agree to disagree and move on.

Gil_217
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
You wouldn't happen to be referring to me now would you? Why am I wrong? How is my belief wrong? How are you in any way more right than me to say that others can use there imagination, but I can not posit a possibility myself? Did I say that others could not contribute their thoughts on the matter? are you mad that some one else on another thread(this one on page 5,http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/668927-Altair-s-life-not-fully-revealed?p=8265326#post8265326) called you out, so you felt it would be warranted to come here with your arrogance ? Stop trolling please.

Do you really believe that Ezio could have left that door open?

I mean, Ezio was in a quest to get 5 memory seals to open that door, fighting against the Templars at the same time he was looking for the seals, and he knew that the Templars were completely eager to get through that door, and then, when Ezio finally opened it, he just leaves that same door completely open, not only for the Templars to get in as they please, but to every single person be able to walk in, with the prize of a Apple of Eden to the first guy to walk in. Ezio is just a wonderful person, I guess.

Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Now tell me that you still believe that Ezio let that door open.

If I say that a frog opened the door for Elizabeth, I can be correct right? Because that assumption is as idiotic as Ezio letting that door open, but I guess those are some real possibilities, right?

Sukramo
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Machiavelli wouldn't take the leadership, as Ezio said in the novel: "He would never accept. he is far too much of a thinker to be a leader"

Strange, he was the leader for a time, showed in Brotherhood as Ezio needing his permission on the castello. Its also stated in the enzyclopedia or the wiki.

The entire ending was rushed and made little sense.

1. Its NOT a synch nexus. I think Esco stated they wanted scenes showing Ezios childs creation briefly after, either way in its current version it is not.

2. Ezio clearly didnt care whatsoever at that point. If he wanted, he could have left the seals inside, closed the door (probably a ****on on the inside), roll out the door and the templars could not have gotten in.

3. The fact that the apple was in England just 40 years later either means that:

a) He left the door open

b) He didnt destroy (drop into the sea) at least one memory seal, meaning that someone managed to open in in that time period.

Both A and B are incredibly dumb and makes Ezio look stupid. But it must be either A or B. Either he left the door open or he let the seals fall into the wrong hands, which is stupid when he could just have left them inside.

4. Vital Assasain tech carelessy left around.

Project legacy and ACB MP show us that the Templars of the 16th century didnt know how to make a real hidden blade (The prowler gets a wierd, worse version)

When Ezio dosent make sure the libarary stays closed (By making sure the seals cant be reunited) he makes sure that whoever reopens it (or walks in)
not only gians the apple, but a hidden blade, a hookblade AND a hidden gun AND a poision dart.

What if the templars open it? Congratulations Ezio, YOU JUST GAVE THEM ALL YOUR TECHNOLOGY!

Ok, so he probably closed it, but still epic failed by not making sure to destory atleast one ouy of 5 discs. And not making sure his technology would be unobtainable was a HUGE mistake.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Do you really believe that Ezio could have let that door open?

I mean, Ezio was in a quest to get 5 memory seals to open that door, fighting against the Templars at the same time he was looking for the seals, and he knew that the Templars were completely eager to get through that door, and then, when Ezio finally opened it, he just lets that same door completely open, not only for the Templars to get in as they please, but to every single person be able to walk in, with the prize of a Apple of Eden to the first guy to walk in. Ezio is just a wonderful person, I guess.

Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Now tell me that you still believe that Ezio let that door open.

If I say that a frog opened the door for Elizabeth, I can be correct right? Because that assumption is as idiotic as Ezio letting that door open, but I guess those are some real possibilities, right?
Ok gil_217 since you need to impose that your logical deductions are superior than the idea that the door remained open(of or against Ezio's will, because he controlled the door). Then Let us assume that Sophia left the door open since she was outside the whole time. Ok ? happy ?

I am not going to address what is in bold letters. Any reasonable forum member here will see that comparing a frog opening the door and Ezio leaving it open is just your "intelligent" way of trying to compare a dumb idea to a more logically probable idea and hope that you can persuade people here to agree with you.

Gil_217
04-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok gil_217 since you need to impose that your logical deductions are superior than the idea that the door remained open(of or against Ezio's will, because he controlled the door). Then Let us assume that Sophia left the door open since she was outside the whole time. Ok ? happy ?

I am not going to address what is in bold letters. Any reasonable forum member here will see that comparing a frog opening the door and Ezio leaving it open is just your "intelligent" way of trying to compare a dumb idea to a more logically probable idea and hope that you can persuade people here to agree with you.

What in god's green earth does the fact that Sofia was outside the whole time has to do with who or who not closed the door, or if someone out of the 2 let the door open? Your sense of logic is abysmal.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Strange, he was the leader for a time, showed in Brotherhood as Ezio needing his permission on the castello. Its also stated in the enzyclopedia or the wiki.

The entire ending was rushed and made little sense.

1. Its NOT a synch nexus. I think Esco stated they wanted scenes showing Ezios childs creation briefly after, either way in its current version it is not.

2. Ezio clearly didnt care whatsoever at that point. If he wanted, he could have left the seals inside, closed the door (probably a ****on on the inside), roll out the door and the templars could not have gotten in.

3. The fact that the apple was in England just 40 years later either means that:

a) He left the door open

b) He didnt destroy (drop into the sea) at least one memory seal, meaning that someone managed to open in in that time period.

Both A and B are incredibly dumb and makes Ezio look stupid. But it must be either A or B. Either he left the door open or he let the seals fall into the wrong hands, which is stupid when he could just have left them inside.

4. Vital Assasain tech carelessy left around.

Project legacy and ACB MP show us that the Templars of the 16th century didnt know how to make a real hidden blade (The prowler gets a wierd, worse version)

When Ezio dosent make sure the libarary stays closed (By making sure the seals cant be reunited) he makes sure that whoever reopens it (or walks in)
not only gians the apple, but a hidden blade, a hookblade AND a hidden gun AND a poision dart.

What if the templars open it? Congratulations Ezio, YOU JUST GAVE THEM ALL YOUR TECHNOLOGY!

Ok, so he probably closed it, but still epic failed by not making sure to destory atleast one ouy of 5 discs. And not making sure his technology would be unobtainable was a HUGE mistake.

Actually, good point(s). What if they just Dug under the door ? or what if They dug over the chambers roof and rappelled downward ? What if the door was left open since NO ONE actually knew or cared about the assassins nor about ''the hidden PoE that gave the wielder unimaginable power over their subjects", except the Templars. Maybe that's why the PoE coincidentally fell into Templar hands since they were after it all along since before the Assassins were trying to stop them from getting the PoE and controlling all of humanity ? Maybe Ezio just 'gave up' on the Assassin & Templar war ? maybe he allowed the apple to stay there because he confesses to Desmond that he is pretty much done with his everyday gig. Maybe Ezio just didn't care anymore? Living is more important than waging a secret war? Crazy isn't it ? :D

GIL_217

What in god's green earth does the fact that Sofia was outside the whole time has to do with who or who not closed the door, or if someone out of the 2 let the door open? Your sense of logic is abysmal.

What ON god's (greenish with a hint of brown and blue) earth(I like to call it the magical spheroid.) does the OPINION of Sofia BEING outside the whole time HAVE to do with who, or who DID NOT close the door, or if someone BETWEEN the 2 LEFT the door open? Your sense of logic is INCOMPREHENSIBLE.

Corrections

Personal opinion

Just to let you know, you win ok :D now drop it please.

Gil_217
04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
What ON god's (greenish with a hint of brown and blue) earth(I like to call it the magical spheroid.) does the OPINION of Sofia BEING outside the whole time HAVE to do with who, or who DID NOT close the door, or if someone BETWEEN the 2 LEFT the door open? Your sense of logic is INCOMPREHENSIBLE.

Corrections

Personal opinion

just to let you know you win ok :D now drop it please.

Thank you very much for the corrections.

Abeonis
04-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Acrimonious_Nin: whilst I understand where you are coming from and can see how you came to the conclusion that the door must have been left open, as I have already said, the chances of that happening are extremely slim, if not totally non-existent. Knowing the powers of an Apple of Eden (and distinctly saying "No, you [the Apple] will stay hidden") it is almost impossible to comprehend the possibility that Ezio left the door open. Elizabeth's agent must have found a way of opening the door (either by force, or through the Keys), or they ignored the door entirely and entered the Library another way.

On a side note, GIL_217: That is how you make your point to someone, either in real-life or on an online forum. Making comparison to frogs, poor grammar, shouting, insulting other users and generally acting idiotic only serves to annoy people, even those whose stance you sought to defend.

Gil_217
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
On a side note, GIL_217: That is how you make your point to someone, either in real-life or on an online forum. Making comparison to frogs, poor grammar, shouting , insulting other users and generally acting idiotic only serves to annoy people, even those whose stance you sought to defend.

Show me where I actually did that please, because I don't remember, and I have a pretty good memory.

Regarding the post where I made the comparison to frogs, did you actually read what I wrote before that, because if you didn't, I can post it again for you.

Abeonis
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
That won't be necessary; I have no desire to contribute to your arguement anymore than I already have by providng you both with the facts present.

Mr_Shade
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Ok.. Locking thread...