PDA

View Full Version : Unit Death - no apparent reason

norraist
12-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Just played a game on Rodane where I won fairly easily. (No disrespect, but it wasn't a close game) I had a few units that lost health, but none defeated. I want to stress this, none of my units were defeated (I took pictures of the TV screen to help possibly debug this).

Imagine my surprise when the game listed one of my gunships as KIA. The game score screen lists my opponent as defeating 0 and my side as having 0 defeated but 1 killed. How is this possible?

I was not in the process of deploying him nor was he in combat at the time the game ended. And the only unit I had that was in the red at all was a transport.

(Also you can rule out a last second air strike, I had disabled all of his uplinks already.)

Thoughts?

norraist
12-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Just played a game on Rodane where I won fairly easily. (No disrespect, but it wasn't a close game) I had a few units that lost health, but none defeated. I want to stress this, none of my units were defeated (I took pictures of the TV screen to help possibly debug this).

Imagine my surprise when the game listed one of my gunships as KIA. The game score screen lists my opponent as defeating 0 and my side as having 0 defeated but 1 killed. How is this possible?

I was not in the process of deploying him nor was he in combat at the time the game ended. And the only unit I had that was in the red at all was a transport.

(Also you can rule out a last second air strike, I had disabled all of his uplinks already.)

Thoughts?

camboaus
12-22-2008, 05:33 AM
maybe u were shot down over water our over buildings if this happens u die instantly

norraist
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
nope that unit wasn't in combat and hadn't been in some time. (Also no water on that map IIRC)

b_4721
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
It just happens sometimes, I can't see ubi fixing it in anything close to a timely manner.

I had a different KIA bug today tho, engineer squad moving in the open at full health and shields suddenly dropped dead, could even see the corpses in the spots where each squad was moving.

Dread0124
12-24-2008, 09:17 PM
you got killed by a uav http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and the comand vehicle was hideing