PDA

View Full Version : The New In Game Voice Comms: How Good Is It?

MR.Reah
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
First a Big 'Thank You' to Oleg, Luthier and all at 1C. Got PF yesterday and am very pleased with it.

Looking through the booklet and the set up screens -I see that there have been changes made to the in game voice comms system.

I know it is a bit early yet- but has anyone had the time to work with the new system and compare it to those 'third party' systems like TS or Vent.?

I have always wondered why the in game system was not so popular-(our squad never uses it)
however...
now I am curious to find out how well it stacks up- would make things a lot simpler to just use the in game system- (and may be more efficient resource wise)? anyone have some opinions/advice on set up of the new comms system?

MR.Reah
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
First a Big 'Thank You' to Oleg, Luthier and all at 1C. Got PF yesterday and am very pleased with it.

Looking through the booklet and the set up screens -I see that there have been changes made to the in game voice comms system.

I know it is a bit early yet- but has anyone had the time to work with the new system and compare it to those 'third party' systems like TS or Vent.?

I have always wondered why the in game system was not so popular-(our squad never uses it)
however...
now I am curious to find out how well it stacks up- would make things a lot simpler to just use the in game system- (and may be more efficient resource wise)? anyone have some opinions/advice on set up of the new comms system?

Bearcat99
10-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I dont know I never used it. I use Ventrilo or Team Speak. Its a nice feature to be built in but there are so many 3rd party comm programs that most likely use less computing power, unless they changed sometiung about it. Plus with the 3rd party stuff you dont have to have the sim running to use it.

Phoenix-CCG
10-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Most of the french squad use Team speack which is better than the gamevoice software.

For information, you can use your gamevoice with Teamspeak. That's what i do, i use the gamevoice button to change channel. It's realy easy and more easily than a key. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For using the gamevoice with Teamspeak, you must activate an option in the TS settings.