PDA

View Full Version : Hidden blade purposes

al-tah-ir
11-07-2007, 04:08 AM
hi all, i have a slight question wich may have been discussed before but i couldnt find anything about it with the search browser. so here it is: are you able to just have fights and combat with your switchblade? or is it for assassinating the key guys and stealth kills ONLY? cause it pretty much bothers me, it would be so cool to have like a fist fight with some guy and than suddenly pulling your switchblade out and punching him in the neck , and he didnt even see it coming, any feed back on this question??

al-tah-ir
11-07-2007, 04:08 AM
hi all, i have a slight question wich may have been discussed before but i couldnt find anything about it with the search browser. so here it is: are you able to just have fights and combat with your switchblade? or is it for assassinating the key guys and stealth kills ONLY? cause it pretty much bothers me, it would be so cool to have like a fist fight with some guy and than suddenly pulling your switchblade out and punching him in the neck , and he didnt even see it coming, any feed back on this question??

colt122
11-07-2007, 04:18 AM
hey man
welcome to the forums

and no it is used when u counter moves as well
its pretty brutal
hope that helps

al-tah-ir
11-07-2007, 04:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by colt122:
hey man
welcome to the forums

and no it is used when u counter moves as well
its pretty brutal
hope that helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
k thanks man (Y) that does help indeed ;

Tiberius135
11-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Yea, pretty much what he said. The switchblade can be used in normal combat but I think I saw somewhere it said that you can't block with it (which makes sense) you can only dodge and maybe parry I don't think you can parry but who knows. As Colt said it's pretty brutal with some of the counters that can be unleashed, I think that covers it :P

P.S Anyone who thinks i'm wrong about any of this feel free to say so, I'm just going by what I think I saw which may be incorrect.

al-tah-ir
11-07-2007, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tiberius135:
Yea, pretty much what he said. The switchblade can be used in normal combat but I think I saw somewhere it said that you can't block with it (which makes sense) you can only dodge and maybe parry I don't think you can parry but who knows. As Colt said it's pretty brutal with some of the counters that can be unleashed, I think that covers it :P

P.S Anyone who thinks i'm wrong about any of this feel free to say so, I'm just going by what I think I saw which may be incorrect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i think youre completely right, patrice wouldn't say it elsewhy. and from what i've seen in some trailers u see altair do some sickening combat counters with the switchblade.

avsrule247
11-07-2007, 05:13 AM
This is not MSN, you make yourself look silly by doing MSN emotions. There are plenty that the forum has that you can use.

The hidden blade as far as we know can only be used for stealth assassinations (and probably combat, although there probably won't be a block/counter function), although the assassination can take place on anyone in the game, it does not have to be a "boss" for example.

colt122
11-07-2007, 05:15 AM
ok i think were just repeating...
it is used for counters and sometimes it looks like u stun your opponent then you can kill him with it

webswinger93
11-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Switchblade thingy (http://www.gamekings.tv/index.php?p=2791)

Freeze it at 1:49...

avsrule247
11-07-2007, 05:35 AM
At 1:49 you see him activate it so it pops out. So what? I don't see any significants to that.

colt122
11-07-2007, 05:35 AM
thx for the vid web

al-tah-ir
11-07-2007, 05:40 AM
yer, u see altair use the switchblade on the guy if you freeze it exactly at 1:49 so it means u CAN counter with the switchblade, and if you have countered with it, and you than press ( for xboxcontroller ) B wich is the empty hand/punch button, you hit him in the face afterwards to definetly do the job http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

avsrule247
11-07-2007, 05:42 AM
He doesn't counter in the next scene. Don't get your hopes up, I think you are just seeing it wrong.

I think you better ask someone who has played the game. They can tell you a straight answer.