PDA

View Full Version : Tuskegee Airmen at Udvar Hazey 2/26/05

Bearcat99
02-26-2005, 09:29 PM
I met 8 of them today at the museum. It was great. I have been trying to do this for some time and things would always come up.

TC_Stele
02-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Wow, such an honor to meet these gentlemen. And 8 of them!? Definately must have made your year, Bearcat. Thanks for sharing the pics.

p1ngu666
02-27-2005, 12:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TC_Stele:
Wow, such an honor to meet these gentlemen. And 8 of them!? Definately must have made your year, Bearcat. Thanks for sharing the pics. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what he said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

VF-29_Sandman
02-27-2005, 08:48 AM
u look like a pipsqueak beside that monster jug. has any of the real tuskegee's tried oleg's 51 yet...i'd like to hear what they'd say about it.

|Exciter|
02-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Great pics Bearcat!!!That must of been an honor to meet those guys. I didn't realise the Jug was so big!

han freak solo
02-27-2005, 05:40 PM
That's really awesome, Bearcat. You lucky dog!

LeadSpitter_
02-27-2005, 09:01 PM
you lucky bastard, tell them to get back to NY/NJ, btw you look like a midget next to the p47 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Also did they sign your jacket? Who did you think was the funniest one also did they tell you any stories or just was a regular chat.

If you can type up the conversation which im sure you remember it would be appreciated.

Bearcat99
02-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Basically it was just converstaion. I told them about what we do here and what our squad is doing as in trying to represent them. I diodnt get anyone to sign my jacket.... I will be ready next time though... All I had was a pen .... the next time i will have a wide sharpie with flourescent indelible ink..LOL... It was great though.. and I almost missed it. I was on my way home and I was checking my messages on my phone.. I saw I had a mesaage from 99th_Obsidian.... who lives here in Va. I decide to call him and when he told me they were at the Museum I almost ran off the road... I ran home .. snatched up my camera.... made a quick CD with some screenshots and some movies.... and dashed out of the house. I manged to get some autographs in a book..... I had to but the book at the museum because I was in such a hurry I forgotto breing one... it was almost 2 when I found out about it.. and I didnt want to miss them.

Owlsphone
02-27-2005, 09:58 PM
That's a great experience Bearcat. I got to meet many Tuskegee pilots a long time ago when I was younger, but I couldn't really appreciate their contributions as much as I would be able to now.

Oh, and that Jug is ginormous. The 29 in the background isn't too small either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Monson74
02-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Thx for sharing & God the Jug is big! Sorry for asking but how big are you Bearcat?