PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the prince

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 08:58 AM
I simply cannot get the timing down for the counter-attack or the counter-retrieve. I've done both on accident a few times but can't seem to intentionally make the attack. Usually when I try the counter-retrieve I end up slicing the enemy with the dagger and retraining them instead, which is irritating because it uses up sand.

Any tips on how to execute these moves? My console is PS2 but any advice would be welcome.

Also, I understand that it's possible to "walk slowly" over the trapped pressure plates in the floor without triggering them? I've tried this quite a few times, only to my detriment. Do you have to delay time in order to keep from setting off the traps? Can anyone tell me?

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 08:58 AM
I simply cannot get the timing down for the counter-attack or the counter-retrieve. I've done both on accident a few times but can't seem to intentionally make the attack. Usually when I try the counter-retrieve I end up slicing the enemy with the dagger and retraining them instead, which is irritating because it uses up sand.

Any tips on how to execute these moves? My console is PS2 but any advice would be welcome.

Also, I understand that it's possible to "walk slowly" over the trapped pressure plates in the floor without triggering them? I've tried this quite a few times, only to my detriment. Do you have to delay time in order to keep from setting off the traps? Can anyone tell me?

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Not sure about the top questin but use the left analogue stick to walk slowly through the spikes.

Slight pressure on the left stick only or you'll run through them (that's not good).

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 04:50 PM
I run the wall past the spikes whenever possible...trying to walk over them doesnt always work..and when there is a timed door, your screwed...so...try to run wall if you can...you avoid them all together.

pg

http://princeofpersia.proboards20.com/

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 02:10 AM
i had that problem too,

its better too wait untill you feel the vibration from the block then immediatly press square or triangle.

DevilMayCry nut you have questions?
ask me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
prince of persia is like being a monkey
a monkey with a sword...

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the tip, Dodgerdiver. /i/smilies/16x16_woman-happy.gif I'll definately give it a try the next time I play.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Hold your block and JUST as the enemy strikes (same feeling as fighting the birds), press the square or triangle, while still holding the block. Although, I think I've let go of the block an instant before and it still worked. I've never been able to do this after feeling the block, but I could be missing something. You know you did it right when you hear a really loud "clang" and the Prince kicks butt. The Harem room really helped me a lot with fighting, especially the Vault Retrieve. Good luck, Jennelle!

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:22 PM
1) bump

2) i cant seem to get this right either. i can kill monsters using my current aray of moves, however i wish to use everything that the game has to offer, so far i find the least used moves for me are the "slow motion" power and the counter-attack / counter-retrieve.

Can some1 please help me as to when i should do it?

I run it on PC if it makes a difference to explaining.

3) i tried counter-retrieve and it seems to both kill in one hit AND retrieve the body, what i was wondering is, is there a point in having counter-attack when counter-retrieve exists?? is it that some monsters are immune to counter-retrieve but are vulnerable to counter-attack?