PDA

View Full Version : DGEN Campaigns

SpartanHoplite
10-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Hey all,

Picked up my copy of PF yesterday in Ottawa (EB only got two copies in, and I was lucky enough to have decided to reserve a copy), and have been playing around with it yet. I've raid the sticky on the DGEN patch (and a good thing... no Corsair campaigns for the USMC?!), but I'm scratching my head a bit, given what I've read before, and I'm wondering if my game installed properly -

Are there really no RAF campaigns at this point? I seem to remember reading that it would be possible to fly the Hurricane and Spitfire in DGEN, but all I can see is the Seafire in the RN campaigns. Is there a list somewhere that lists all the possible DGEN campaigns and options for every country? And is the USAAF campaign supposed to jump from 1942 to 1945, with nothing in between?

Also, does anyone know whether the upcoming patch will add DGEN careers in the ETO, where appropriate - ie, Russian Havoc and Mitchell campaigns, maybe add the new variants for the P-39 and P-40 to the Russian fighter campaigns? I'm sure the Russians received the earlier P-39s, at least

Thanks!

SH

dizeee
10-30-2004, 11:23 AM
this and a hell lota more things are missing.....
i realy hope maddox will keep working on pf dispite having bob up on their list now.
at this point i have to admit im not realy playing pf. the game is basicly the same as il2aep etc, wich includes all the things that made me stop playing it. poop ai and poop/unimersive campaigns are the both a mega letdown to me.
ah well...we will see

SpartanHoplite
10-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Just to add, I (hope I'm) not whining. I think Oleg has been pretty straightup with us (at least, the online consumers who follow the boards) that the product isn't really finished. I'm withholding my final opinion until the promised patch is added, which I am sure will address most of the annoyances.

Still, I'd like to know what to expect for those of us, like me, who prefer to play offline! Also, to know if my game installed properly. So, if anyone can add some insight into what DGEN campaigns should be in place now, and which are expected, I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks again.

SH