PDA

View Full Version : I ment to say at this is a 360 platformStuck in Altair!!!!!!

TheBigZimm
10-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I appo;pgize if tis is a repeat post but I have searched for an answer. In the situation where he is not in the animus and has the out of body experiance in altiar and you chase his mark to the tower, the door closes and you try to climb the tower and can get only part of the way up. I have searched the area completly, redone the scene several times and have tried to sword fight the mark to no avail. What am I missing and doing wrong? I know it is probaly something simple and I will feel stupid when I find out but I am stumped at this time.....Please any suggestions? I ment to say thatt this is a 360 platform game also and not a PC. Thanks in advance.

w

TheBigZimm
10-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I appo;pgize if tis is a repeat post but I have searched for an answer. In the situation where he is not in the animus and has the out of body experiance in altiar and you chase his mark to the tower, the door closes and you try to climb the tower and can get only part of the way up. I have searched the area completly, redone the scene several times and have tried to sword fight the mark to no avail. What am I missing and doing wrong? I know it is probaly something simple and I will feel stupid when I find out but I am stumped at this time.....Please any suggestions? I ment to say thatt this is a 360 platform game also and not a PC. Thanks in advance.

w

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Hmmm, sounds like your doing something wrong.
You should find out what is wrong and fix it.
That should help you get past your problem.

JigsawPuppet
10-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I know what's your problem. try to wall-run on the right side of the door and then click space+A.

john63
10-23-2010, 11:49 AM
This is a really common problem. I'm pretty sure that they made a thread about it somewhere on the forums, either here or in the help section. Use the search button and post there next time, plz.

Anyway, I'm assuming you can get to the balcomy, but can't get onto that wooden beam sticking out above it. If you stand on the balcony's rail, right underneath the beam, and just press jump, you'll jump up and grab it. That's the simplest solution.
You can also do a thing called an advanced wall run, shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qJvkF_j1DA

You'd start out running straight up the wall, then move the joystick to the side and press jump.

Hope this helps.

TheBigZimm
10-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I have made it to the balcony and tried to no avail to make it to the beam. I have knocked the light off even but cannot get up on the beam... This is what is confusing. I have no controls for anythig except the sword to use. I can click the sleve dager but cannot use it on anyone. This is why I am at a loss. This is as far up the tower I can make it. I have tried for over an hour to climb higher from all around the tower and the balcony. ???????

MT4K
10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
from balcony thing just below the beam

1)move slightly to the side so you aint directly under the beam

2)run up the wall

3)at highest point, press direction towards the beam and hit jump key again

4)profit

TheBigZimm
10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Not to sound redundant.......I have tried every inch to the side of the beam in both directions, from the rail all the way around and directly under the beam and it will not capture hold of the beam. I have tried these moves for over 45 minuets to no avail....I have restarted several times to see if it was just a glitch in just the loading and it keeos doing the same.

MT4K
10-23-2010, 02:39 PM
strange... did you actually watch the video posted above? since that person ends up using the walljump technique, if you cannot do it from a similar position that he does it in the video, and the other jumping up technique dont work then either theres a glitch or you're doing something wrong somehow, it really shouldn't be that difficult to do :S

if you're somehow doing something wrong, i wouldn't be able to fathom what it could be since it really shouldn't be that hard

RandomRansom
10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheBigZimm:
Not to sound redundant.......I have tried every inch to the side of the beam in both directions, from the rail all the way around and directly under the beam and it will not capture hold of the beam. I have tried these moves for over 45 minuets to no avail....I have restarted several times to see if it was just a glitch in just the loading and it keeos doing the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if this will work or not (or if you've already tried this or not), as I'm not presently in that section of ACII. However, you could try to be up on the balcony "railing" and wall run, then jump to the left or right (in the direction of the beam) at the top of the wall run. You might be higher up as you jump toward the beam and make it.

If that doesn't work and wall running into a jump toward the beam from the balcony floor doesn't work, then I'm all out of ideas. Just know that I've gotten past that beam at least 4 times, as I've beaten the game at least that many times. I am on a PS3, though, so maybe there's a glitch preventing you from grabbing the beam. I wouldn't see how it could consistently give you the same glitch over and over, though.

timpbader
10-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Try watching youtube walkthroughs

ProjectXigis
10-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Have you tried wall-running under the beam? I had the same problem in the first game, while in ACII since you have the ability to do so, you can wall-run and hop up to grab the beam.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2010, 12:01 PM
The way to do it is listed in the hints and tips forum here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1039408/m/2901039608 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2901039608)

I had already watched that when I got to that part - and didn't have any problem.

TheBigZimm
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I finally dumped the save I had and started over. Turned out I had a corrupt save. I forgot that when I went to Watch points, it would not sync. and put it on the map and a couple of other things were screwy. It all works now and I did make it up the tower an got to the top. Again, thanks for all the help......!