PDA

View Full Version : Embers Art Style

Altair661
08-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I can't wait to beat ACR, because I will watch Embers right after word. However, this is not a complaint, since some people seem to think my posts are trolling and random complaints, does anyone find their art style, whiile still looking awesome...seeming a little out of place??
Like Ascendence, that was awesomely done. As well as Lineage, which had live actors though. But remember that leaked video about an "old project" that used the words from some other movie, if Ubisoft, or Ubiworkshop, whomever does it, can do that, why dont they put that power and CGI into effect. Embers looks fantastic, dont get me wrong, again, this is not a complaint. Im simply asking if anyone else feels they way they took it seems a little...out of place? Seems a little cartoonish me, almost kinda like that Star Wars show. But I dunno, I'll still watch.

Altair661
08-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I can't wait to beat ACR, because I will watch Embers right after word. However, this is not a complaint, since some people seem to think my posts are trolling and random complaints, does anyone find their art style, whiile still looking awesome...seeming a little out of place??
Like Ascendence, that was awesomely done. As well as Lineage, which had live actors though. But remember that leaked video about an "old project" that used the words from some other movie, if Ubisoft, or Ubiworkshop, whomever does it, can do that, why dont they put that power and CGI into effect. Embers looks fantastic, dont get me wrong, again, this is not a complaint. Im simply asking if anyone else feels they way they took it seems a little...out of place? Seems a little cartoonish me, almost kinda like that Star Wars show. But I dunno, I'll still watch.

Animuses
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
From the Embers trailer, it seems it has the AC feel to me and as long as it has that, then I'm fine.
In my opinion, Lineage doesn't have the AC feel.

Altair661
08-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I suppose your right, it does still feel Assassin's Creed, I've just never seen them do something as animated as this. It may just be me..

Cercatrova
08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
They want the series to span many forms of media. I do not think the choice of stylization matters much, no matter how you stylize it, it is still animation.

naran6142
08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
it might be cuz they wanted it to go out as a free pre-order item. and if they used extreme CGI we would have to pay extra for it.

i kinda like the looks of it anyways

jmk1999
08-30-2011, 10:08 PM
i don't know... i wasn't a fan of ascendance. i liked the style and all, but the fact that you had to pay to play i really desired more animation out of it... maybe even some bonus content or something. it just felt like a waste of money to me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
From the Embers trailer, it seems it has the AC feel to me and as long as it has that, then I'm fine.
In my opinion, Lineage doesn't have the AC feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the one with Ezio's pop? I didn't like that one at all. When my friend asked me how I sat through it, I told him that's what fans do. Until it gets really bad that is. I think AC transfers well into animated movie territory as most games do though, and can't wait to watch it.