PDA

View Full Version : War Clouds Teamspeak Server - New IP

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-30-2004, 01:07 PM
War Clouds Teamspeak server has moved to a new ip.

IP: 67.18.111.250
pass: warcloudsrox

Please update your connection information. THe old server will be going down Tuesday.

Just want to take a few minutes to lay down some ground rules while on the servers.

1. Please join the channel corresponding to the team you are playing on. If i find someone is Playing on the blue team and sitting in the red team TS channel, i will not hesitate to remove you.
2. Keep chatter game related. This isnt a free phone call for you. It is intended to be used to communicate on the servers and coordinate your teams efforts.
3. Try and keep your communication as minimal as poossible. Relay as much info as you can with the least amount of talking.

4. Be respectful of others. If you want to verbally attack someone, take it elsewhere. I do not want to hear it and no one else does either.

5. Lastly, KEEP THE LANGUAGE CLEAN. I will not tolerate people flooding the comms wtih foul language. I will only ask you once to keep it clean. If you persist, i will band you from both the teamspeak server and the game server.

Lets all just try and have some fun. Thats what we are all here for. To have a good time.

S~
SPaRX

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-30-2004, 01:07 PM
War Clouds Teamspeak server has moved to a new ip.

IP: 67.18.111.250
pass: warcloudsrox

Please update your connection information. THe old server will be going down Tuesday.

Just want to take a few minutes to lay down some ground rules while on the servers.

1. Please join the channel corresponding to the team you are playing on. If i find someone is Playing on the blue team and sitting in the red team TS channel, i will not hesitate to remove you.
2. Keep chatter game related. This isnt a free phone call for you. It is intended to be used to communicate on the servers and coordinate your teams efforts.
3. Try and keep your communication as minimal as poossible. Relay as much info as you can with the least amount of talking.

4. Be respectful of others. If you want to verbally attack someone, take it elsewhere. I do not want to hear it and no one else does either.

5. Lastly, KEEP THE LANGUAGE CLEAN. I will not tolerate people flooding the comms wtih foul language. I will only ask you once to keep it clean. If you persist, i will band you from both the teamspeak server and the game server.

Lets all just try and have some fun. Thats what we are all here for. To have a good time.

S~
SPaRX

GAU-8
05-30-2004, 01:25 PM
thx for the update sparx,

i knew there would be an answer over here, (just tried to connect and got the "error" message)...wha??... go check UBI.. search search search ....AHA!

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-30-2004, 06:46 PM
bump

FWdreamer
05-30-2004, 08:14 PM
S!
Sparx sir, i am having a problem on your server and wondering if you might be able to help me. I can usually play fine on the server for at least 15 minutes before i get the four or five red bars and get disconnected. I checked my ping, always below 100, my graphics card is 128 mb, and i have the graphic settings turned to performance. When i get the red bars i still have two green no yellow, just a gap and right to red, even at this time my ping is still low. When the red bars show up i still keep flying for another 5 minutes before i get the timeout. I know there is a lot of other issues at stake here besides ping, and this really started once the dedicated server patch came out, before that no problems even in heavy flak areas. Can you offer any help?

Thanks for your time and a great server.
FWdreamer

karost
05-31-2004, 04:20 AM
Hi, SPaRX S~

it feel good,for your support in War Clouds Teamspeak server

it is good for team work of enjoyment, I like that ,but I wonder one thing and that thing is a real thing if you see stardard chat command in game that allow player to switch radio channel to enemy side to bug the information same as intelligent service that working in the ground to bug radio commnucation of the enemy side in a real time of wwii , so I think you need alot of admin task to scan a bad guy who are breaking your rule. plus a dead kick that force a player to play with a smart tactic.

if some guy don't like to break your rule but he need to know some information from opponent side about people tactic , team tactic , area tatic so he join to opponent side and not taking off just sit in the plane for a long time to get the information that he want then he disconncet and comback again, join to his favor side in next mission and not break any rule while playing the mission. do you thing this guy is breaking your rule or not ?

don't get me wrong I like to be a good guy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif just would like to know that so.

S!

Zen--
05-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Bump for the FWDreamer

-Zen-

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-31-2004, 09:17 AM
FWDreamer,

I did adjust the Lag settings on the server. But it sounds like you may be having other issues. The server has moved to a new PC, so you may be having connectino issues. If you could do a trace route to the server and email it to me, then i will forward it to the support team at the data center as see if they can fix it for you. Server ip is 67.18.111.250. Email your trace route to sparx at vfs-22.net. I'll try my best to get you fixed up.

S~
SPaRX

SeaFireLIV
05-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Good stuff, sparx. Saw how you came down on some bad loser using expletives to insult someone in flight through the text messaging. You even got him to apologise! good show.

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/storm.jpg

want to see more?
http://members.lycos.co.uk/gritier/

FWdreamer
05-31-2004, 09:41 AM
S!
Sparx thanks for the quick response! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif My problem sir is :how do i do a trace that you speak of and then send it to you http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif. If you could give me the steps i will quickly do it so i can get back to flying on the server.

Thanks agian.
FWdreamer

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-31-2004, 12:24 PM
I need some information

What version of windows are you using?

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-31-2004, 12:26 PM
SeaFire,

We will not tolerate that kind of behavior on our servers. We are all here to have a good time, not have some little half wit who is on the other side of a keyboard insult people. Let's all try and play like adults and have a good time.

S~
SPaRX

Zen--
05-31-2004, 12:29 PM
For winXP go to Start
Select Run
In the area where you can type, type CMD (case doesn't matter, upper or lower is fine)
Hit the Enter key

When the black DOS window comes up, type

tracert 67.18.111.250
and hit Enter.

You will see something that looks like this:

http://209.163.146.67/zen/tracert.jpg

Email that to SPaRX

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Zen-

GAU-8
05-31-2004, 12:47 PM
heya sparx,

was thinkin,(albeit a little harsh for some players)..

why not employ "if your not on warclouds TEAMSPEAK...then YOUR NOT ON WARCLOUDS.." action

if they want to play on your server, then they have to get onto your TS chanel. if not,they recive DA BOOT.

although it could require heavy monitoring, but maybe that will get everyone to participate on WC TS.

TS is free download.. maybe at the worst a few players cant use it..OR dont have a mic..in that case, you can still listen, but not talk.. (how many is that without a mic..really?)

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-31-2004, 01:44 PM
GAU,

I think that is a little harsh. I know mics are cheap, but not everyone has a mic. Not all the players can speak english as well. There are just too many varibles to make enforceing that a viable options.

S~

SPaRX

Prangerman
05-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Sparx - a little advice please for a TS newbie who is keen to get into online ingame comms. Do I go to the War Clouds server on TS and choose blue or red depending on which side I'm going to play on, select, then go join the WC game on HL? Can I talk to others on my side or do I need adminstrator/host permission to chat as well as listen.

(I've kept away from using TS as my first attempt upset some poor chap in New Zealand as I was apparently on continuous transmit by accident- apologies to him again! Are there any handy hints/idiots guide on how to use TS effectively? I've tried various interpretations of the manual but the above experience has kept me from trying again...)

FWdreamer
05-31-2004, 06:40 PM
S!
Ok Sparx i sent the stuff you needed. Zen thank you very much for the help! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Regards
FWdreamer

HexAngel
06-01-2004, 01:34 AM
@ Sparx: Sorry again for stealing that kill yesterday. Short explanation from my side: A saw the target heading back to base. I looked aound and saw nobody chasing him. Distance was something about 1000m i guess. So I got after him for he had no visible damage and I guessed he was hading back to rearm. So when I was in firing range I still saw nobody around and opened fire. Sorry for that. I will look around better next time ! Btw great work on this server and keeping it "clean" from foul phrases. Have a nice time and all the other warclouders together! I still have much to practice but for me not the points or kills count but the fun and accomplishing the targets set!

----------------------------
It's too late now to get out of sight..

Locust_
06-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Bump for WC44+ & Sparxs

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/AFJ_Locust/p38loco1sig.jpg