PDA

View Full Version : U-Boats type 7b and c

andypen
09-29-2005, 06:28 AM
After firing the stern tube it reloads but the green ready light never comes on and therefore it will not fire. If anyone has the solution to this problem please let me have it.

I get no satisfaction from Ubi Service who claim it's an operational matter. I have no trouble at all with the bow torps.

andypen
09-29-2005, 06:28 AM
After firing the stern tube it reloads but the green ready light never comes on and therefore it will not fire. If anyone has the solution to this problem please let me have it.

I get no satisfaction from Ubi Service who claim it's an operational matter. I have no trouble at all with the bow torps.

Nick_Toznost
09-29-2005, 07:12 AM
The aft torps have reloaded for me on a few occaisions. I suppose one of the problems is the lack of space in the department, IE fewer crew to reload it.
Maybe I'm just stating the obvious to you.

I've been playing this game for 2 months and have only just worked out that enabling silent running prevents torpedoes reloading. Duh. I used to return to base with loads of remaining torpedoes thinking they'd been damaged or something.

Dominicrigg
09-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Your crew have probably tired before finishing loading the torp.

Its such a small area you need quality crew in there, make sure you have one or two crew with the torpedo qualification and maybe even put in an officer.

Also use the tooltip, move it over the torpedo and wait, it should say "10 mins to reload" or something similar and this should countdown. If it says "NA not enough crew" or similar then you need to move more/fresher crew into the room. Also as nick said it could be silent running, in which case... DOH! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

The easy way to move the best crew into a section is to double click on the name above the compartment, then it will move the best possible team into the room and swap out any tired men, without you having to mess about. Let me know if that works.

And check the site out in my sig for more hints and tips!

Trydan
09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Having qualified crew makes a massive difference, and the fact that the "officer slot" may only be filled by an officer (a bit of a bug, but still...) means that you should use it!

Give a "torpedo" qualification to at least one officer, and then use him to boost the ability of the aft torpedo crew (where, as indicated above) space is at a premium.

On that note, I believe it is also important to give at least one officer the "engine-mechanic" qualification, lest you become stranded and unable to get home due to fatigued crew.

Kaleun1961
09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
While we are on the subject of swapping crew, what is the key combo or procedure for moving all of a compartment at once? Say I have 10 men in the aft compartment and I want to move all 10 to swap out the engine crew, how do I do it, other than clicking and dragging my men one at a time? I know it is possible as I've heard reference to it [unless someone is playing a joke?]