PDA

View Full Version : il2 1946 Assistance

slcut
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I just picked up IL2 1946 and installed it. When I click on the icon to start the game, why does it start up with Pacific Fighters? I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it still comes up in Pacific Fighters. Thank you.

slcut
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I just picked up IL2 1946 and installed it. When I click on the icon to start the game, why does it start up with Pacific Fighters? I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it still comes up in Pacific Fighters. Thank you.

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Do you already have a previous version of PF installed? If you do perhaps you clicking on the wrong exe? If you have any other previous version of the game installed you should uninstall them and delete the folders. Then install the 46 DVD.

S!

slcut
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I had uninstalled my IL2 and my Pacific Fighters. Then I rebooted and reinstalled IL2 1946. When I first installed the game I clicked on the 1946 icon but it showed the Pacific Fighters icon. When I reinstalled the game the icon is blank. Is the DVD disk 2? When I put that in the computer it only plays as a DVD. Are the other games on it? Do I install disk 2 then disk 1 or just disk 1? I didn't think that this would be so difficult as I have installed other Ubisoft games and didn't have problems. This almost makes me think I need to install all the games then install 1946 like it is an expansion. Thank you.

Bearcat99
08-05-2007, 06:04 PM
http://star.walagata.com/w/bearcat/splash_copy_0.gif

This is the spalsh screen you should seer. As long as your version says 4.07m you are good to go. Once you patch it it should say 4.08m like mine does.

slcut
08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
OK, I think I got it. I saw the Pacific Fighters load up and thought it didn't work. I thought it would be something different but I guess they used the Pacific Fighters as the platform. Thank you for your assistance.

Crash_Moses
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
The box is a little misleading...or at least confusing. There is only one 'game'. 1946 includes all content except patch 4.08.

Skycat_2
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
They didn't use Pacific Fighters as the platform ... the splash screen is the combined artwork from Forgotten Battles Gold Pack (that was FB+Aces Expansion Pack) on the left and Pacific Fighters on the right. The overall image comes from Pacific Fighters when it was installed as a 'merged' expansion to FB+AEP intead of as a stand-alone game.

The extra plaques (Pe-2, '46 and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria) were added as the last three expansions after Pacific Fighters were released.