PDA

View Full Version : Some mysterious things in the HE-111

zugfuhrer
02-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I discovered this thing when I tested the damageprofiles of some fighters.

I used the Heinkel standing on the ground and landed the figher on the "drome" to move in position for the test.

The waistgunner bug;
I reconned that the waist gunners couldnt shoot at me because I was out of thier view. I was very surprised when I was hit by MG-fire while I landed.
I took over the waist gunner pos and saw no enemy, took an outside view, and discovered that the ai-waist gunner fired through the wing with precision.
I dont seems to inflict anything on the wing. Perhaps some new german technology.

The nosegunner bug
The bug was discovered when left the nosegunnerpos of the Heinkel with the enemyfighter dead ahead of the Heinkel. No fire came from that position.

If the AI nosegunner with the most powerfull defencegun, the 20mm, should shoot at enemy fighters it would make the bomber a more difficult target.

Now the ai-nosegunner only make small moves and dont shoot although the enemy figher is in range and within the field of fire.

The B-25 ai-nosegunner shoots, soo its not a general function, only a particular bug? on the Heinkel.

When I used the outside view, I discovered this rear-defence shooting in the ground 10 behind the Heinkel, which got a barell attached to the very end of the aircraft. It starts to shoot as soon as a enemy aircraft is nearby. It doesnt matter where then enemy is, it only needs to be nearby.

It will finish its ammo long before any hostile a/c is on the 6 of the Heinkel.

Whas there a gun there, and who controlled it?

Anybody got an answer of this?

zugfuhrer
02-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I discovered this thing when I tested the damageprofiles of some fighters.

I used the Heinkel standing on the ground and landed the figher on the "drome" to move in position for the test.

The waistgunner bug;
I reconned that the waist gunners couldnt shoot at me because I was out of thier view. I was very surprised when I was hit by MG-fire while I landed.
I took over the waist gunner pos and saw no enemy, took an outside view, and discovered that the ai-waist gunner fired through the wing with precision.
I dont seems to inflict anything on the wing. Perhaps some new german technology.

The nosegunner bug
The bug was discovered when left the nosegunnerpos of the Heinkel with the enemyfighter dead ahead of the Heinkel. No fire came from that position.

If the AI nosegunner with the most powerfull defencegun, the 20mm, should shoot at enemy fighters it would make the bomber a more difficult target.

Now the ai-nosegunner only make small moves and dont shoot although the enemy figher is in range and within the field of fire.

The B-25 ai-nosegunner shoots, soo its not a general function, only a particular bug? on the Heinkel.

When I used the outside view, I discovered this rear-defence shooting in the ground 10 behind the Heinkel, which got a barell attached to the very end of the aircraft. It starts to shoot as soon as a enemy aircraft is nearby. It doesnt matter where then enemy is, it only needs to be nearby.

Anybody got an answer of this?

Maraz_5SA
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zugfuhrer:

Anybody got an answer of this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a fixed gun, IIRC it was controlled by the rear upper gunner.

The nose gunner does not engage enemy who are making frontal attacks unfortunately

Maraz

JG52Uther
02-26-2006, 12:49 PM
If i was the front gunner in a Heinkel I would'nt shoot either,I would be hiding behind the pilots seat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

horseback
02-26-2006, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
If i was the front gunner in a Heinkel I would'nt shoot either,I would be hiding behind the pilots seat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he does...which is why I can't see him when I'm flying an He 111.

cheers

horseback