PDA

View Full Version : Hurribomber



Jambock__01
05-20-2004, 08:55 AM
A most needed!

http://www.aviation-history.com/hawker/hurrcne2.jpg
http://www.aviation-history.com/hawker/hurrcne4.jpg

http://www.gavca.com/~conteudo/imagens/bannerghostskies.gif (http://www.gavca.com)

Jambock__01
05-20-2004, 08:55 AM
A most needed!

http://www.aviation-history.com/hawker/hurrcne2.jpg
http://www.aviation-history.com/hawker/hurrcne4.jpg

http://www.gavca.com/~conteudo/imagens/bannerghostskies.gif (http://www.gavca.com)

lil_labbit
05-20-2004, 09:15 AM
"most" I don't know - but I sure would like em...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

Gato-Loco
05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see it too....

LeadSpitter_
05-20-2004, 11:53 AM
definatly needed along with the mark IV hurricane top picture. which also had anti tank cannon gunpods. The blimey brits need a twin engine flyable bomber as well.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

p1ngu666
05-20-2004, 12:02 PM
mossie is being made http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
be great to recreate mossie missions http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

who wants to goto berlin, in daylight, on the deck to bomb gerbals making a speech on the radio? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif
btw they arrived bang on time, but where detected when they was near berlin and gerbals got away http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
was 1941 iirec http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

Cokol_88IAP
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
bump for hurribomber, it was its main task in 42

Bansai Potato
05-20-2004, 01:12 PM
It is crazy that we do not have the Hurribomber.

Please Oleg, find a little time to model some bombs for us.

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Ede_EAF92/EAF/24890632.92EastIndiaSquadronpersonnel.jpg

SeaFireLIV
05-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Oleg seems to require VERY specific technical data... In my simple attempts to find stuff, I went to the ibrary, but couldn`t find enough TECHNICAL specs, just mostly pictures. Which is not enough.

I`m wondering whether to go to more lengths, but I start to wonder... I DO have a life. Do I really want to start hunting around old files and aircraft museums and questioning people to get some specifications on Hurri bombers for a flight sim?

For free?

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/Hardcore.jpg

It`s HARDCORE out there!

JG53Frankyboy
05-20-2004, 03:47 PM
sry, that is causing a big laugh by me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

no offence against you !!!!!!!

but about the "specific" datas wanted in moskau:
to repeat , just as an example, the was no Fw190A6/U17 in real.
the Bf109G2 ore G6 couldnt carry a SC500 bomb.
im sure there are more examples !
dont forgett the FM of a Bf109Z http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

so , go figure! i doubt it would be much to put the 250lbs (existing with Spit IX) to the Hurricane MkIIb - they have just not enough time ore manpower because of a lot of other running projects.

p1ngu666
05-20-2004, 04:30 PM
or they dont want too
notice how the 3rd party stuff is sometimes higherquality, and held to higher standards than what they produce themselves?

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

SeaFireLIV
05-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Yea, you maybe right. I mean how difficult can it be to put something like a pair of 500lb bombs on the Hurri? I have the pics, just not the specifications... Surely it could be figured out using examples from other FB ordnances.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

JG53Frankyboy
05-20-2004, 04:37 PM
because they knew that the Hurricane is close to unflyable low (the right Jabo alt http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) on the Desert map. and that would be fore sure one of the mayor areas for the Hurribomber in Coop games http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sry, couldnt resist http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


btw @Seafire : your drawings are on of my highlights when i visit the forums here - marvelous !

SeaFireLIV
05-20-2004, 05:58 PM
well, thnx! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bobsqueek
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
its eesential, not only for FB, but for PF too

dont forget the SEAC in burma, they used hurribombers extensively

CWoS FB forum. More Cheese, Less Whine. (http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25)

xanty
05-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Hi all:

Well Oleg took the time to look at the Cr.42 load-outs. He added the german SC50/70 and even coded a new 50Kg/100Kgs bombs I modelled back when I did the Cr.42
Perhaps there was no time or he is still loking into it...

http://www.silence.plus.com/xanty/stuff/fb_sig.jpg

Aaron_GT
05-21-2004, 06:05 AM
"dont forget the SEAC in burma, they used hurribombers extensively"

Up to, and including the Mk. IV I believe.

LEXX_Luthor
05-21-2004, 06:22 AM
And THANK YOU Xanty

I ~love~ my new Biplane Bombs. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif



__________________
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/10.gif Flyable Swedish "Gladiator" listed as J8A ...in Aces Expansion Pack


"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
mossie is being made http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
be great to recreate mossie missions http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

who wants to goto berlin, in daylight, on the deck to bomb gerbals making a speech on the radio? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif
btw they arrived bang on time, but where detected when they was near berlin and gerbals got away http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gifspelt geobols m8
was 1941 iirec http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bansai Potato:
It is crazy that we do not have the Hurribomber.

Please Oleg, find a little time to model some bombs for us.

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Ede_EAF92/EAF/24890632.92EastIndiaSquadronpersonnel.jpg this is 92 sqdn at biggin hill in late 1940 m8
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Yea, you maybe right. I mean how difficult can it be to put something like a pair of 500lb bombs on the Hurri? I have the pics, just not the specifications... Surely it could be figured out using examples from other FB ordnances.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>they were onlr rated for 500lb bombs on each wing m8!

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hippybasher1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Yea, you maybe right. I mean how difficult can it be to put something like a pair of 500lb bombs on the Hurri? I have the pics, just not the specifications... Surely it could be figured out using examples from other FB ordnances.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>they were onlr rated for 250lb bombs on each wing m8!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
sry, that is causing a big laugh by me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

no offence against you !!!!!!!

but about the "specific" datas wanted in moskau:
to repeat , just as an example, the was no Fw190A6/U17 in real.frankyboy,,,the hurribomber used 250ilb bombs m8
the Bf109G2 ore G6 couldnt carry a SC500 bomb.
im sure there are more examples !
dont forgett the FM of a Bf109Z http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

so , go figure! i doubt it would be much to put the 250lbs (existing with Spit IX) to the Hurricane MkIIb - they have just not enough time ore manpower because of a lot of other running projects.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hippybasher1
05-21-2004, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hippybasher1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hippybasher1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Yea, you maybe right. I mean how difficult can it be to put something like a pair of 500lb bombs on the Hurri? I have the pics, just not the specifications... Surely it could be figured out using examples from other FB ordnances.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>they were onlr rated for 250lb bombs on each wing m8!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>hurris never used bombs more than 250 lb each wing m8

SeaFireLIV
05-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Yes, you`re right. Dunno what made me put 500!
Any way, Oleg did say (about 3 months ago) that he needed bomb specs for the Hurri and he would put the bombs in. We did send pics of the 250lb bombs. They are on the Spit, so why not on the Hurri IIB?

Surely it can`t be that hard? I`m not going to accuse anyone of anything, but I`m beginning to feel a little bit that maybe NOTHING was going to be done from the start, no matter what we did. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I don`t like being taken for a ride.

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/hurri25.jpg

Monty_Thrud
05-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi Seafire http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...
Ive sent this (amongst many other pictures and web links) to Oleg...Hurricane data (http://www3.mistral.co.uk/k5083/T_MK2.HTM)...it has performance data of the Hurri bomber...please take a look and tell me if you think this has surely got to be all Oleg needs(aswell as everything else we have all set him)...
Personally i believe hes just not bothered about this plane even if Russia had it with its ordnance...just not enough people complaining about it i guess.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/51.gif

http://www.uploadit.org/bsamania/Huzzy_no_ordnance03.jpg
"#2 Attack that ship".."#1..with what?".."#2 your ordnance DAMMIT!".."#1 my ordnance is in Olegs office, same place yours is".."#2 we'd better learn German then"

SeaFireLIV
05-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Looks good Monty Thrud. i`m no expert but these details are giving the performance specs of the Hurris with ordnance. With the Pictures he should really have been able to supply the Hurri with the needed bombs.

Strange. Should we repost these to Oleg again? I think I will do. We just must keep pluging away POLITELY and PATIENTLY.

I think we will have it in the end.

We really would like at least some bombs on the IIB please, Oleg.

Monty_Thrud
05-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply SeaFire http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Agreed...although does "politely" get us noticed though http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...anyhow i must admit i really REALLY want those rockets aswell ive been practicing with the P38 and seem to be getting the hang of it...now stick them on the Huzzy(stable gun platform) and the war is won...no tank/ship is safe http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.uploadit.org/bsamania/Huzzy_no_ordnance03.jpg
"#2 Attack that ship".."#1..with what?".."#2 your ordnance DAMMIT!".."#1 my ordnance is in Olegs office, same place yours is".."#2 we'd better learn German then"

SeaFireLIV
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Yes, I know... Polite does become frustrating when you get ignored. It might be time to be a little more forceful... but in a good way. I just don`t want to end up being a bitter old fart who`s forgotten there`s a life outside FB/AEP, and that in the end `IT DOESN`T REALLY MATTER `- it`s just a flight sim, (like some here in the forums have forgotten) so I will not get uptight or insulting about it. If it never happens so be it. It`s still the best sim out there.

Besides he DID do my ESCAPE idea ages back without any acknowledgement at all. he read my request on that matter. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So it can happen, I didn`t scream or shout, it took about 3 trys over several months.

I have resent my stuff to Oleg and your performance specs to Oleg, Monty_Thrud. All we can do is try.

Grach
05-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Perhaps Oleg needs other data about the bombs themselves:
Explosive charge type and loading are important data to consider for the sim.
Note that for tactical work the Brits used various calibre 'GP' (General Purpose) bombs up to 1941 when production switched to 'MC' (Medium Capacity) types.
'SAP' (Semi-Armour Piercing) also used early war.
e.g. 250lb 'GP' with cast iron body had a charge weight between 27-33% of total and was generally filled with Amatol. Charge weight varied by batch and factory due to differences in the bomb castings and quality and density of the fill. The early 250lb GP was not regarded as a particularly efficient weapon.
Later these weapons were filled with Amatex or RDX/TNT - 60/40 and the quality of casting was improved.
250lb SAP of the same (early) era were much more consistant having a steel nose cap on a cast body, but only a 40.5lb TNT fill! A 16% charge ratio.
Just thinking out loud.
Cheers!

Jambock__01
05-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Guys, i just notice that all we need is to strap a bomb there. Hurricane model have the pilon!

Oleg, you have the Hurri, you have the pilon, and now you have the Spit bombs. Strap those bombs there plzzzzzzz!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.gavca.com/gallery/albums/diversas/hurri.jpg

http://www.gavca.com/~conteudo/imagens/bannerghostskies.gif (http://www.gavca.com)

SeaFireLIV
05-22-2004, 04:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grach:
Perhaps Oleg needs other data about the bombs themselves:
Explosive charge type and loading are important data to consider for the sim.
Note that for tactical work the Brits used various calibre 'GP' (General Purpose) bombs up to 1941 when production switched to 'MC' (Medium Capacity) types.
'SAP' (Semi-Armour Piercing) also used early war.
e.g. 250lb 'GP' with cast iron body had a charge weight between 27-33% of total and was generally filled with Amatol. Charge weight varied by batch and factory due to differences in the bomb castings and quality and density of the fill. The early 250lb GP was not regarded as a particularly efficient weapon.
Later these weapons were filled with Amatex or RDX/TNT - 60/40 and the quality of casting was improved.
250lb SAP of the same (early) era were much more consistant having a steel nose cap on a cast body, but only a 40.5lb TNT fill! A 16% charge ratio.
Just thinking out loud.
Cheers!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grach, if you have details of this then please send as much details to Oleg with the title `Hurricane Bomber Ordnance Explosive details`. It will all help. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
il2beta@1c.ru

Grach
05-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Interestingly enough the Spitfire IX's we now have can carry both 250lb and 500lb (long-tailed, i.e G.P.) British pattern bombs.

I'm guessing that Oleg already has at least this data otherwise these weapons wouldn't be in-game. I'll send what I have anyway, along with the appropriate diagrams.

I'm thinking the real issue is the time and resources to implement these loadouts. Here's hoping!

What surprised me the most was the fact that no Russian ordnance (FAB-100, RS-82) came with the 'field mod' Hurricane. An odd oversight to be sure, especially when one considers the object viewer entry!

Cheers!

SeaFireLIV
05-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Thanx, Grach.

SeaFireLIV...


http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/storm.jpg

want to see more?
http://members.lycos.co.uk/gritier/