PDA

View Full Version : How to assign axes to engines (Hotas Cougar)?

FB_Macki
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi all!

Sorry for my english (not native). I have a question regarding my cougar's throttle. Is it possible to assign throttle's axes to every engine separately. Could you plz send me some examples of how to do it. Thnx, m8s.

FB_Macki
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi all!

Sorry for my english (not native). I have a question regarding my cougar's throttle. Is it possible to assign throttle's axes to every engine separately. Could you plz send me some examples of how to do it. Thnx, m8s.

WWSensei
02-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Assigning axis directly is not possible as the game doesn't support it. It's possible someone could code up a Cougar profile for selecting the engine first and throttling up in increments. Something similar was done for the CH Multi-quadrant throttle.

AA_Double_Tap
02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Just define a button to select the engine and throttle to your hearts content.
For flying twin-engined planes I select each engine and start it then "Select All Engines" to have the throttle control them all. If one engine gets hit you can shut it off, feather the prop, adjust trim and keep on flying.

Z4K
02-22-2006, 04:28 AM
I do the same as AA_Double_Tap. My profile (http://forums.frugalsworld.com/cougar/files/z_IL2FB-AEP.zip) has Select Left, Select Right, and Select All on the stick which is enough to start twins without using the keyboard. It also allows you to feather, extinguish, or otherwise control them independently too. With 4 engine planes it's ok for differential thrust if you lose your rudder, but I need to do specific engine selection with the keyboard.

If you really wanted to, you could assign a different button to each engine.

eg (will make 4-way switch on throttle select different engines when holding down S3 - the red one on the bottom of the stick):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
BTN T2 /I Engine1
BTN T3 /I Engine2
BTN T4 /I Engine3
BTN T5 /I Engine4
</pre>

Alternatively you could make one button cylcle through all the engines. Harder to code, and possibly more difficult to use in a bad situation. You'd need to use logical flags - which are explained in the Foxy tutorial file TM Logic Latches.tmj.