PDA

View Full Version : 128 MB PCI that plays perfect?

Cpt_Jack
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi,
Is there a 128 MB PCI card that shows water in perfect mode with decent frame rates? If so, what card and driver would you recommend?
I have a 512 MB HP Pavilion with AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1.99 GHz. My current card is a 128 MB ATI Radeon 9250 with the latest driver.
Thanks

Cpt_Jack
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi,
Is there a 128 MB PCI card that shows water in perfect mode with decent frame rates? If so, what card and driver would you recommend?
I have a 512 MB HP Pavilion with AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1.99 GHz. My current card is a 128 MB ATI Radeon 9250 with the latest driver.
Thanks

VW-IceFire
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
PCI? Or PCI Express (doubtful given what your system is). With PCI...your hosed I think. They don't really make PCI cards much anymore. Are you sure that you don't have an AGP port? That'd give you a fair number of powerful but relatively inexpensive cards that could do perfect mode.

Doubling your RAM to 1GB might be a good thing too. Might be time to have a look at a new machine given the various costs involved in making the current one able to play perfect mode.

jolulure
04-24-2007, 02:05 AM
could you please list them?

is the 6600GT inside that list? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

polak5
04-24-2007, 02:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Jack:
Hi,
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had pretty much the same rig... execpt I was running an intel.
Had a 5200 geforce in it. think that was the highest i could go (dont quote me on it).
Anyway I really couldnt run the game with perfect water unless it was a small mission, like maybe something in quick mission builder or a relatively small COOP. Playing the campaigns of pacific fighters was a hog on that pc, pretty much out of the question. Playing online in the dogfight servers was somewhat painfull giving me some slide shows. TO answer ur question if your gona be able to run a regular PCI card and have perfect settings my answer would be not online, or the pacific fighter campaigns. U could always give it a shot though, those cards are pretty cheap now-adays.

GL regards, Pol