PDA

View Full Version : Additional/preorder/special editions content.

Danatiel
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone,
I have a standard edition of AC Revelations and I would like to know if any of the additional content that is/was obtainable by either preordering or buying certain special edition of the game (like Crusader/Ottoman Jester/Ottoman Doctor multiplayer characters or single player missions) is or will be in the future available through DLC or any other way?

I ask this, because I really would like to have them and I'm not sure whether to buy another copy of the game (for instance Collectors Edition) or just be patient and wait till it will be widely available for everyone.

Thanks in advance,
Danatiel

spectatorx
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Don't wait, just buy collector's edition, there will be no other way to get these extras, only by buying specified editions of the game.

As i know ottoman doctor is available only in some downloadable editions.

Danatiel
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer. I have a following question though. Purely theoretical: lets assume that I will have both collectors edition with crusader and jester characters and digital downloadable version with doctor character. If I install and register collecotrs edition will I then be able to enter the code from the digital version in-game to obtain the doctor character (don't know if the digital version have seperate codes: online keycode and code for additional content)? I would say that if the digital version has seperate codes then it should work (entering the code for doctor character in-game), but if there is only one code (online keycode) it probably will not work. What do you think?

Btw, there is a lot of confusion with this stuff, really, Ubisoft could handle this better IMO.

spectatorx
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
In theory this should work.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Even if you have standart version if you obtain a code even from the most rare editions it will work on the standart version, you can use all kind of codes, characters, missions, armor.

Danatiel
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah, the problem is obtaining the code, not so many people want to sell it or give it away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I think that Ubisoft should make it buyable later on, shame that they will not.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Id probably, buy the game take the code and sell the game.

TheLeoCrow
12-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I should warn you that the digital exclussive version had a single code that unlocked the game AND everything else. Therefore you won't be able to register the code for the extras and sell the game afterwards. Also, we don't know for sure if they will release any dlc on pc or whether they will include the special extras

Cpt.DangerPantz
12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
You can purchase a season pass for ACR from gamestop. It gives you access to all the DLC, current and upcoming..

It's $20

Just FYI as I was searching for this as well.

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
The special editions have seperate codes on list, they can be used in regular one, ive tried, did you?

Danatiel
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, thanks so much for all your replies.

Josh-X042: Thanks a lot man, this is definitely something that I will purchase. However the description at the gamestop site clearly states that this pass is only for all the new upcomming content, starting with the Ancestors Character Pack which will be released on December 13th.

value_zero: I'd probably just buy collectors edition and won't sell it, since it is a cool edition. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And I'll give a standard edition to my friend who is not willing to play the multiplayer anyway. This should be a win-win deal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Edit:
Oh, and also
'Sorry, Your cart contains an item which you cannot purchase at your location. Please remove the item to checkout.'
message appears when I try to buy this season pass at gamestop. I live in Poland btw. and appearently I can not buy this from here. What the hell?

Edit2: As I checked right now, I can not buy this 'normally', but I can gift it. I assume the code will be then sent to a given e-mail adress. So I can send it to my other e-mail account. Now the question is if I do that will there be no truble with the entering that code into my game (assuming that I have european version of the game). I mean I dont even know if there are different versions of the game (for european market, american market etc.).
Or should I just double check with gamestop to be sure?

Mew323
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Josh-X042:
You can purchase a season pass for ACR from gamestop. It gives you access to all the DLC, current and upcoming..

It's $20

Just FYI as I was searching for this as well.

will that work with the Steam version of the game though?