PDA

View Full Version : On The add-on's

hamrtime
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I've looked at them on some posted links, but still have some large questions about them, that I would be gratful for anyone awnsering:

1. When are they comming out (I forget if it's still undesided or not)

2. Price? Does 20 USD sound like the probable cost?

3. Will they be bought off the shelf or downloaded (looks like off the shelf, but you never know).

4. Do you think that these add-ons will have a large impact on the number of people playing online?

5. For a just few new planes and some more objects, do you think they will be worth the price?

I would really like to hear peoples oppinions on these. Thanks much!

hamrtime
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I've looked at them on some posted links, but still have some large questions about them, that I would be gratful for anyone awnsering:

1. When are they comming out (I forget if it's still undesided or not)

2. Price? Does 20 USD sound like the probable cost?

3. Will they be bought off the shelf or downloaded (looks like off the shelf, but you never know).

4. Do you think that these add-ons will have a large impact on the number of people playing online?

5. For a just few new planes and some more objects, do you think they will be worth the price?

I would really like to hear peoples oppinions on these. Thanks much!

slo_1_2_3
07-26-2006, 07:31 PM
welll.....
1. two weeks be sure

2.i think thats what pe-2 cost ,but I guess we won't know until the're released

3.well I'd much rather off the shelf but probably the ******ed download junk again

4.It may limit the chice of rooms the people without the addons can use , can't never tell

5.yes I think they are worth because there is some good stuff coming.

theres this peoples opinion

Scharnhorst1943
07-26-2006, 09:13 PM
1. This is a joke around here, and the answer is, "Two weeks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif"

2. I have no idea, but I would guess between $12-19 USD, yes

3. It will be a download only. It WILL NOT be bought off the shelf. There are several here who are wishfull that we well get all three addons, (Pe-2, Manchuria, 1946 add-on) all on one CD/DVD.

4. That depends, and the answer is no. Everyone is pretty eager for this addon, and many have bought Pe-2 soley because it is required for Manchuria. There are still servers hosting 4.1 or something. So there will still be servers around even if you do not have Manchuria.

5. You bet it will be worth the price! What do you not understand about flyable Ki-27 and N1K2? There will also be a Burma, Manchuria, and Korea maps as well. This means Flying Tigers. This add-on will benafit offline as well as online. It will help fill a void as far as the Japanese air arm is concerned. It also fills early and late campaign scenarios.

I am excited, but frustrated that we have no updates other than, "We are working on it" They won't even throw us a bone. Anyway, as soon as they release it, I will buy it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hamrtime
07-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys. And the thing I don't understand about the Ki-27, Sharn, is that Japenese planes seem to disintegrate a bit too easly for my taste lol! I also know next to nothing about these planes (especialy the Ki-27 because I really havn't heard about them a whole lot). One more question: will somone be abel to load both add-ons? My interest in these is growing so thanks agian, and keep those awnsers comeing.

hamrtime
07-27-2006, 01:13 AM
?

-HH-Quazi
07-27-2006, 04:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamrtime:
? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea. You were right to wonder. I posted in the wrong thread with irrevelavent info. Sorry m8.

hamrtime
07-27-2006, 01:44 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif No problem.

Scharnhorst1943
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry, hamertime, This week I have been entertaining a nut house. By which I mean I have family in town. Anyway, the Ki27 has always been one of my favorates. It is essential for a flying tigers campaign.

If I may, The way I am interpreting your question is:
"Will one be able to buy both add-ons and install them as one?"

The answer is I don't know. You may have to buy them seperately, or they may be all in one.
This is what is causing such a big rukus around here because nobody is talking. It is not quite that we are just nosey and giddey, but that we know nothing. There has been no announcement of any kind. All I can say is it will be here when it gets here and I wish they would hurry up or let us know.

One more thing, You can go ahead and purchase/download the Pe2 add-on right now. It will also give you something to do while you wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hamrtime
07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll be getting a new rig soon so I'll deal with that before I buy anything but thanks! I can deal with this lack of info without any real stress, I'm also playing another MMO where the devs say next to nothing... Check it out:

www.navyfield.com (http://www.navyfield.com)

Thanks agian!