PDA

View Full Version : Some question for you AC fans out there.....

naman96
11-15-2010, 04:48 AM
1)Why does only Desmond go into the animus?Even Lucy,Shaun and the other girl are assassins.
2)Why are the templars using swords in 2012 cant they afford guns or sometihng?while DEsmond breaks out of abstergo he fights guys with some wierd sword type weapons and even during the end of the game..
3)and the last things.........why dont the templars access their memories using the animus as they will know better where the pieces of eden are???

naman96
11-15-2010, 04:48 AM
1)Why does only Desmond go into the animus?Even Lucy,Shaun and the other girl are assassins.
2)Why are the templars using swords in 2012 cant they afford guns or sometihng?while DEsmond breaks out of abstergo he fights guys with some wierd sword type weapons and even during the end of the game..
3)and the last things.........why dont the templars access their memories using the animus as they will know better where the pieces of eden are???

MT4K
11-15-2010, 04:57 AM
those other assassins don't have ancestors who come into contact with the pieces of eden as desmonds ancestors did, so there would be no point in them using the animus

they are called batons or night sticks, they are used by police forces and security forces in real life

i don't really understand the question regarding 3, but are you asking why the templars don't search their own memories? if so i would say the same reason, they probably have nobody with an ancestor who come into contact with pieces of eden or even one who knew where to find it, which is why they needed desmond to begin with

obliviondoll
11-15-2010, 05:02 AM
1 and 3: Animus is only useful when you have an ancestor with relevant memories.

Shaun and Lucy may be Assassins, but they don't have ancestors who were high-ranking Assassins.

2 is answered perfectly reasonably above.

RandomRansom
11-15-2010, 05:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naman96:
3)and the last things.........why dont the templars access their memories using the animus as they will know better where the pieces of eden are??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1) I'd say... mainly because Desmond has the memories they need to gain the information they seek. Even beyond that, Lucy and especially Shaun may not have an Assassin history that goes back far enough. Shaun only learned about the Templars and Assassins not too long ago. He may not even have an ancestor who even heard of Assassins and Templars.

2) When did the Templars use swords in 2012? I saw them use batons in ACII to put a beat down on Lucy and Desmond, but I never saw them use swords. However, swords and knives are a useful way to kill someone without making much noise. Special forces still carry knives on all their missions, I'm pretty sure.

3) Most likely because they are seeking one specific PoE: The Apple. Since the Templars only had the Apple for short periods of time during the past, they probably didn't have full access to the knowledge found within it. And really... who says they aren't doing so? Who says the tons and tons of Animii that we ran through in ACII aren't being used for more than just training Templar Assassins. Maybe they're also used to search Templar ancestors for answers. Maybe they've just had little to no luck finding individual pieces and they're just going to the big tamale that shows them where the other PoE are: the Apple. Desmond's ancestral line seems to have the most knowledge of that particular PoE, hence the reason why they've got such a hard on to find him and use him.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum.

Chewitt321
11-15-2010, 05:04 AM
1) the other assassins have different jobs within the brotherhood. The guy (I have forgotten his name) is the head of research and organises missions. The girls are there to help you to train so that Desmond is more help (Lucy is already well trained in battle).
2) the reason for the swords is probably because the Templars wanted to keep Desmond alive and guns could kill him easily. Please search before you make new topics this one has been asked 2 billion times.
3) The Templars may have gone back through their ancestors but only have access to the Templar sides of things.

ibn-al-ahad
11-15-2010, 05:57 AM
lol, why have you answered the same thing 4 times http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MT4K
11-15-2010, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibn-al-ahad:
lol, why have you answered the same thing 4 times http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when multiple people answer the same question with similar answers, it helps to confirm the validity of said answer

sometimes people also like to add a bit of extra information to the answer or to just re-phrase it to try and make it easier to understand