PDA

View Full Version : X52 and Saitek Evo Force Combo - how to connect?

Odie1974
08-27-2009, 03:44 AM
Hi,

So far I had only the Saitek Evo Force joystick installed.
But yesterday I finally received an X52 throttle + stick as well.

So I plugged the X52 (throttle + joystick) installed the drivers - in addition to already existing Evo Force stick, and was hoping to be able to fly using the Evo stick + X52 throttle (and X52 maybe as a button bay).

But it did not work out - I can fly only using the X52 setup only (throttle + X52 stick). The Evo stick is not "visible" in game - game does not respond to input from the EVO at all (curiously enough, when there are FF effects ingame, the evo shakes on its own - so it gets some feedback from the game engine).

I have then discoonected the X52 stick from the throttle (abandining the button bay concept), hoping that Evo would become visible then, but no luck - still game does not see the Evo (and I can't fly at all).

As I really would fly using the FF stick + throttle, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I need to install the controllers in particular order or tweak the config files somehow?
I read the mission4today articles abt joystick setup but could not understand what exactly I need to do to "force" the game to use Evo + X52 throttle ?

Many thanks for help

Odie1974
08-27-2009, 03:44 AM
Hi,

So far I had only the Saitek Evo Force joystick installed.
But yesterday I finally received an X52 throttle + stick as well.

So I plugged the X52 (throttle + joystick) installed the drivers - in addition to already existing Evo Force stick, and was hoping to be able to fly using the Evo stick + X52 throttle (and X52 maybe as a button bay).

But it did not work out - I can fly only using the X52 setup only (throttle + X52 stick). The Evo stick is not "visible" in game - game does not respond to input from the EVO at all (curiously enough, when there are FF effects ingame, the evo shakes on its own - so it gets some feedback from the game engine).

I have then discoonected the X52 stick from the throttle (abandining the button bay concept), hoping that Evo would become visible then, but no luck - still game does not see the Evo (and I can't fly at all).

As I really would fly using the FF stick + throttle, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I need to install the controllers in particular order or tweak the config files somehow?
I read the mission4today articles abt joystick setup but could not understand what exactly I need to do to "force" the game to use Evo + X52 throttle ?

Many thanks for help

horseback
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
If the OS (I assume you use either XP or Vista) has defined the X52 as 'Controller 1' & the Evo Force stick as 'Controller 2', then the X52 stick is going to be your default X-Y axis.

You need to go into the in-game Controls menu and assign your Evo Force stick to the elevator and aileron axes in the HOTAS section at the bottom of the menu; it will probably show up as 'Controller 2'. This also means that your sensitivity assignments are going to still be stuck at 100 across the board until or unless you can adjust the config.ini file.

The good news is that any second now, someone will answer this thread and give you a link to a joystick program with a name like joycontrol or il-sticks that will allow you to do this fairly painlessly.

cheers

horseback

Urufu_Shinjiro
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Horseback is correct, the X52 took over the first slot in the windows game controllers. Go to mission4today and download either il2sticks or il2joycontrol to adjust the sensitivities for all axis. I flew for some time with that exact setup, then I found the deadzone mod for the X52 and went back to that for my stick.

Odie1974
08-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks for help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do not remember at the moment which is the primary / secondary controller but I have managed finally to set it up the Evo/X52.
I noticed that when in Controls section when pressed each stick buttons are assigned to ID1 / ID2 controllers respectively.
So I assigned several buttons on my evo, then went to the "settings.ini" file, looked up their assignments in the file and manually remapped the X/Y/Z axes from "Joystickdevce0" to "Joystickdevce1" - and it worked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And yes, I am using the joyctrl program to manage the sensitivities setup.

Actually I think the X52 stick mey be bettwer (as it has modes, pinky switch etc) - but as I don't appreciate the lack of the force feedback, I need to use Evo