PDA

View Full Version : Rockets

Gershy
03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi all

I have a question. After waiting to fly my Bf110 for suuuuuch a long time i finally can do that now. I was just wondering about the Granatwerfer. I tried to change convergence for this thing but i just don't seem to hit with this thing. I have the impression that they fly differently each time. When you take 4GRW to attack a formation of B17s sometimes they seem to fly up without even getting close to my gunsight and the 2nd salve flies nearly straight??? Anyone got a nice hint how to aim with those things?
thanks

-----------------------------

So long.We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Gershy
03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi all

I have a question. After waiting to fly my Bf110 for suuuuuch a long time i finally can do that now. I was just wondering about the Granatwerfer. I tried to change convergence for this thing but i just don't seem to hit with this thing. I have the impression that they fly differently each time. When you take 4GRW to attack a formation of B17s sometimes they seem to fly up without even getting close to my gunsight and the 2nd salve flies nearly straight??? Anyone got a nice hint how to aim with those things?
thanks

Or feel too down.
But at least you tried.

Gibbage1
03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
The trick is to get them to explode within the formation, and not HIT the aircraft.

They are designed as a stand-off weapon. Thats why they fire up quite a bit. The blast radious is HUGE and you can possibly take down 4 bombers with 1 hit if placed well within a box formation. You cant change the timer so you need to find out how far ahead of you it explodes. I myself have never played with them much for anything but ground attack. They work VERY well on all the parked bombers in Slammins server. It can take 5-6 out with a single volly.

Does anyone know the optimum distance to fire these things? Like when the bomber is .8 flying away?

Gib

Gershy
03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
thanks gib http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
yup would be nice to know the distance, anyone?

Or feel too down.
But at least you tried.

Gershy
03-12-2004, 03:07 AM
been messing around a bit found out myself. 700meters is the distance to fire german rockets if you want them to explode within a formation.

Or feel too down.
But at least you tried.