PDA

View Full Version : Uber Lw planes

mynameisroland
02-26-2005, 07:25 AM
If you play on servers that have realistic planes sets the Lw's Jest are largely ignored as if they never flew in WW2.

There are no Lw prop planes that are like the Ki 84 or La7 none that can be regarded as uber.

Lw planes seem to be the most rounded planes - where you have an advantage it is balanced by a disadvantage.

Just a comment on all the spit , La7 , Mustang are uber posts appearing. What do you guys think?

Lav69
02-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Here we go again.

VW-IceFire
02-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Last night...was flying the FW190A-8 against La-5FNs, Yak-9Ms, and P-39Q-10s in a historical scenario. There was not a single Russian plane that was able to compete for speed, "manuverability", or firepower and we cleaned up the place. I was feeling pretty uber in that A-8 - took down 5 Red fighters in a series of BNZ attacks.

Point being its the pilot that makes the big difference. I was definately on my game that day (one kill included a MG151/20 burst from a 40 degree angle for a wing loss). Other days I'm not so good.

The La-7 is nowhere near as ultra amazing as it was, the Ki-84 is average to good in my book (the 84c is still the obvious dogfighters choice), and the Mustang and Spitfire both have their advantages and disadvantages.

We're dealing with perceptions largely. The Luftwaffe planes are excellent "hunters" while the Allied planes are better "fighters". When you start operating outside of the void of just a single aircraft then you start to get a feel for this.

But we have many guys coming on saying "you can't beat me in X uber plane". They never talk about their team, or their team objectives, or anything of the sort. They are solitary pilots and they live in a void. The trouble is...they loose perspective and turn any loss into a "this plane is uber" when it was quite possibly the enemy pilot and his superior position/skill/gunnery/luck that won the day.

LStarosta
02-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Any plane I get into automatically becomes uber. Fact.

BBB_Hyperion
02-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Anyone ? http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/49105main_popcorn.jpg

LeadSpitter_
02-26-2005, 07:44 AM
There are no Lw prop planes that are like the Ki 84 or La7 none that can be regarded as uber.

wtf do you call the 190a d and ta152 and k4? they are equally uber.

I was just in greatergreen and you should see the germanwhines we outnumber them 24 to 12 also and still so many sensless comments and whines.

first off all the people who were whining are under 600m trying to turnfight with 190s and 109s vs the la p40 p39 yak.

The whining online gets so annoying especially when flying the game, the forums are different but its uncalled for when flying after someone dies its not like it fixes anything or will change a thing just makes it very annoying to see.

the problem is why we see no me262s online in dogfights is there is no way to limit the ammount of them so in a 40-50 player server it would mostly be 30 me262s 5 109s 190s vs 15 allies.

Btw look at the me262 being a turnfighter better then most allied ac low and highspeed and look how both engine flames instantly go out when both engines are flammed theres no speed loss either.

the komet exhaust seems to create massive lag or the netcode cant handle a plane moving that fast very well. I really wish many of the servers like greatergreen and others would have some 262 maps but limited to 2-4 of them and have the majority of lw fighters be the 109g6 and 190a8.

OutaFocus
02-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I second what Icefire said. I have been trying to find my niche in the Maddox series and have come full circle back to the Luft..planes.
Mind you my tail is still being handed to me on a plate. Its how you fly the plane and use its strengths and remember her weaknesses that get me through a fight.
Now if I could just hit something..still working on that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

p1ngu666
02-26-2005, 07:59 AM
me163 lag is fixed pretty much now lead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
ran some coops with them in.

me163 vs fighter is odd, me163 is way faster and climb, but cant turn... a alert prop jocky probably wont get shot down, but neither will me163

servers could add in me262 2a, for fast jabo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

and if k4 and g6as get any better, they will slide into uber http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
02-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi,

Funny...cos the only person I ever saw whining *all the time* either in GG or WC was LS.

Irony abounds!

Norris

LStarosta
02-26-2005, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

Funny...cos the only person I ever saw whining *all the time* either in GG or WC was LS.

Irony abounds!

Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know... I think you're right...

If anyone's whining, it's always him. And to make matters worse, he rarely uses proper capitalization and punctuation (read: commas). Makes ignoring him easier...

tigertalon
02-26-2005, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mynameisroland:
If you play on servers that have realistic planes sets the Lw's Jest are largely ignored as if they never flew in WW2.

Lw planes seem to be the most rounded planes - where you have an advantage it is balanced by a disadvantage.

Just a comment on all the spit , La7 , Mustang are uber posts appearing. What do you guys think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I have to say that IMO Fw190D9, Bf109K4 and Ta152 are (among) the best in game (the only real adversary to them being Spit MkIXe HF).

Know that knowledge is the best weapon you have!

Do you, just for example, know, that D9 outturns Spitfire, La7 or even Yak3? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Sure she does, but at speeds over 450 kph, so when in D9, be FAST. Another example: Do you know that D9 was built as a middle to high altitude fighter? So, when going against La7 for example, just drag him up over 3000 meters. He will be breathless there, you can really toy with Las, Yaks, Kis... up there.

Also check out amazing zoom-climb of K4 that is hardly matched by any adversary... Because of it's incredible ability to almost hang on it's propeller K4 on this boards has earned itself a nickname "hellicopter with wings".

Know things about your aircraft, about tactics it was built for, know the enemy, his plane, his capabilities and tactics. German fighters were build for B&Z tactics - meaning they were suited to fight in vertical and not in horisontal plane (so they in general have emphasised climb and dive ability at a cost of turn rate), so try to get above your opponent whenever it is possible and avoid turning battle (if not at high speeds in D9 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif).

Monty_Thrud
02-26-2005, 09:37 AM
BBB_Hyperion...do you have any Pretzels? and i'll have a large diet coke please aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JG7_Rall
02-26-2005, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

Irony abounds!

Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know... I think you're right...

If anyone's whining, it's always him. And to make matters worse, he rarely uses proper capitalization and punctuation (read: commas). Makes ignoring him easier... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Even the 190 is uber. All he does on WC is whine whine whine. He wont shut up. I've flown on his wing in TOH and granted he was a good pilot, but definitely not the most honorable. One time we were fighting, me in a G10 and LS in a P51, and I get on his 6, and what does he do? He bails out and tries to hit refly before I can get a shot. So what do I do? I Mk 108 his a$$ and the explosion kills his pilot. Serves his right.

LStarosta
02-26-2005, 09:49 AM
LOLOLOLOL!!!

BBB_Hyperion
02-26-2005, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
BBB_Hyperion...do you have any Pretzels? and i'll have a large diet coke please aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.icetwister.com/Images/pretzels.jpg
http://www.joinee.co.uk/images%5Cdiet_coke.jpg

Here ,rdy up for round 2 .)

Franzen
02-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Any Canadians here watch CBC? Nothing but repeats. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Jumoschwanz
02-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I got cut to pieces in my 109 on greatergreen by Las and Spits yesterday. But it wasn't my planes fault. Like leadspitter said, I was in the mood for some mix-up, so instead of zooming and booming I went low and mixed it up in some furballs. As long as it was one on one my G-6 late was fine against the La-5, but there was more than one and the wingmen always take this lone wolf down. I can go all night without being shot down if I want to go up to 6k alt and look for good opportunities, but it IS fun to mix it up. The trick is not minding being shot down. The VVS guys had it together flying the Las in pairs and such. If you fly around low you will be bounced, and when you get into furballs you will be shot down, that is all there is too it, it has nothing to do with what you are flying. S!

Jumoschwanz

VW-IceFire
02-26-2005, 04:54 PM
I think Leadsplitter needs to find a new server where there is less whining because there are place where nobody really cares. And frankly I'm getting there too.

The bias argument and the one side is better than another automatically argument are getting immensly old. I really don't care.

There are bugs, they do affect some planes...they aren't limited to one side...and in general the sim works much better than anyone gives it credit for. But nobody is happy to shut up and enjoy it...even for an hour. And thats not to say I haven't pressed home my gripes...but at least mine are tangible and few and far between.

LeadSpitter_
02-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Icefire dont even bother listening to them. they are just making up bs becuase im one who will told them to shut the f up about whining after everytime they die in gg and i was on their team too same with thier constant german cries in orr, now the new whine is the 108 cannon should be more accurate.

ask sammie for the chatlog, after every one of their deaths they give some stupid comment the uber la5 is so overmodeled waah, i was flying blue with them and had to tell them to stfu its getting old, dont resolve or fix anything so stop whining.

More comments like the 190a4 cant catch the la5 waahhh

Only a luftwhiner can out number the red team 27-11 and still whine after everytime they get shotdown. You lufties and your constant cries make me sick. I love the lw ac and they are great but all your cries get annoying, like the la5 in invunerable whines when in the a4 saying you shot it with all your ammo, use your **** heads you have a 300-450 ping in gg vs someone who has a ping of 50 and blame oleg saying german planes are porked is pure bs, itd your garbage connection.

NorrisMcWhirter
02-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Phew...

It's like having an Allegro gearbox that is stuck in first and being towed at 130MPH strapped to the side of your head. Oh..I forgot..with no oil in it, either.

Norris

LStarosta
02-26-2005, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Icefire dont even bother listening to them. they are just making up bs becuase im one who will told them to shut the f up about whining after everytime they die in gg and i was on their team too same with thier constant german cries in orr, now the new whine is the 108 cannon should be more accurate.

ask sammie for the chatlog, after every one of their deaths they give some stupid comment the uber la5 is so overmodeled waah, i was flying blue with them and had to tell them to stfu its getting old, dont resolve or fix anything so stop whining.

Only a luftwhiner can out number the red team 27-11 and still whine after everytime they get shotdown. You lufties and your constant cries make me sick. I love the lw ac and they are great but all your cries get annoying, like the la5 in invunerable whines when in the a4 saying you shot it with all your ammo, use your **** heads you have a 300-450 ping in gg vs someone who has a ping of 50 and blame oleg saying german planes are porked is pure bs, itd your garbage connection. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God... And having you b!tching on this forums doesn't help. You need to learn to STFU too, and then maybe you can lead by example.

Noone likes a person who does nothing but whine and b!tch, and while I'm sure that there are others who do the same as you, frankly, you're the only one here who's acting like a 10 year old brat who all of a sudden doesn't have things going his way. Grow up.

JG7_Rall
02-26-2005, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:

Only a luftwhiner can out number the red team 27-11 and still whine after everytime they get shotdown. You lufties and your constant cries make me sick. I love the lw ac and they are great but all your cries get annoying, like the la5 in invunerable whines when in the a4 saying you shot it with all your ammo, use your **** heads you have a 300-450 ping in gg vs someone who has a ping of 50 and blame oleg saying german planes are porked is pure bs, itd your garbage connection. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI I don't fly on greatergreen

And reputations don't develope by accident. Anyone who's ever flown with you know's how much you whine.

fherathras
02-26-2005, 07:08 PM
please... everyobody, just STFU allready!

this is the general discussion board.

not the: HEy I Jszt Turned 8, and IZ œber skilled in uzin me mums computer, board.

I mean! for dogs sake! if you have to be a bi.tch about stuff. take it to the Private topics!