PDA

View Full Version : a lot of questions

pupo162
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
a play il2 for a long long time.... but not in a realistic mode...

i now dicided there is time for me to plce all the settings on realistic...

after a few tries i was able to take off, i can land from time to time. and i finally can take a few planes down in the qmb.

questions:
1- what is the radiator? hwat does it does? nothing on the manual, and nothing on a huge il2 guide i got from the ner

2-in caimpagn why can't i keep up with the formation they are as fast as bullets....

3-in a the seafire: why as soon as i remove choocks in the carrier i have a proop stricke: i've seen it on a video i made it doest tuch the ground

4-can i move around the cockpit lean left lean ight? does this only works with trackIR?

5- whats R&B? i saw that in a topic.

6-i have pacific fighters. does 1946 as any BoB scenerium?is it coming at all?

i guess this is it for now... thax for reading... i know im anoob but im tryng to improve

pupo162
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
a play il2 for a long long time.... but not in a realistic mode...

i now dicided there is time for me to plce all the settings on realistic...

after a few tries i was able to take off, i can land from time to time. and i finally can take a few planes down in the qmb.

questions:
1- what is the radiator? hwat does it does? nothing on the manual, and nothing on a huge il2 guide i got from the ner

2-in caimpagn why can't i keep up with the formation they are as fast as bullets....

3-in a the seafire: why as soon as i remove choocks in the carrier i have a proop stricke: i've seen it on a video i made it doest tuch the ground

4-can i move around the cockpit lean left lean ight? does this only works with trackIR?

i guess this is it for now... thax for reading... i know im anoob but im tryng to improve

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Begginers guide here should answer most questions: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645

pupo162
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
there is a lot of help in there but it doenst anser my uestions by the way i've found a help in complex engine mangment that helped me out in th radiotor question... stil i donno wich setting should i use and when: if this helps i usually fly on bf109 f-4 becouse thts the plane the give u in most of the germain campagns

Dgirth
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi pupo.

Im still learning this game so i can help with what i know, If im wrong then some please correct mehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Question Two.

Trim i think is your problem you have to trimm you plane when in the air to obtain a straight flat flight thus increasing you speed.

the three trims are
Rudder
Elevator
Airlion

The Bf109 only has rudder and elevatot trim. You can see a little black ball in the cockpit adjust trim to it is centerd. Trim also improves your aim!

A tactic to catch up friendly or enemys is to fly towards them in a dive then pull up behind them.

4: Yes you can move around in the cockpit!! Use the mouse in your left hand to track the target or use the joystick thumb botton , depending on stick.

6 I dont think 1946 has any BoB compaignes, Well i not played any. There is a new IL-2 storm of war game coming out which is about BOB.

I suggest you go here and learn how to fly to the level you want. http://www.joint-ops.com/php2/index.php Its a online flight school, The chaps take you on online flying lessons for free!!

A other suggesten is download and install Hyperlobby http://hyperfighter.sk/ I have learned most of what i know by joining the community in Co-op mission and the dogfighting servers.

All that i have told you in the nuggets guide, its is my bible still!!

A other newbie guide is here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2111070776

Stingray333
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pupo162:
1- what is the radiator? hwat does it does? nothing on the manual, and nothing on a huge il2 guide i got from the ner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radiator is also called "cowl armor flap", from here on I will refer to it as radiator. Setting of the radiator from closed to open opens a flap that hides some apparatus that cools the engine, like an oil cooling radiator, each plane is slightly different. If you want to run your engine at a higher RPM and work harder then its going to get hotter. Eventually it will get so hot it will break. So you can open up the radiators to allow cool outside air to pass into this portion of the engine and provide some cooling. The downside of this is that it produces drag and will slow you down a little bit. Also note that the amount of cooling you get is proportional to the airspeed, and also depends a bit on the altitude (higher altitudes means cooler air). If you see the "Engine Overheat" message, it means the engine is too hot, and you must get it back to normal operating temps within a certain amount of time or else the engine will break.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pupo162:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AI planes do not use the same flight model as you do, they "cheat" a bit, there are several reasons why it is necessary for them to do this.. computationally efficiency, allowing them to aim better, etc. It can be difficult to keep up to formations. There are a few things you can do to try to keep up. The first is that if they are higher than you in elevation, do not try to climb up to them directly. Put your plane level, get your airspeed up faster than them, and close the horizontal distance first, rather than trying to climb while reducing the distance.

3-in a the seafire: why as soon as i remove choocks in the carrier i have a proop stricke: i've seen it on a video i made it doest tuch the ground </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your plane is probably trimmed too nose heavy and you will need to either trim your elevator before releasing chocks and applying a bit of back pressure on the stick to keep the nose high.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moving around the cockpit like this is possible with track IR, if you get the 6-DOF mod (6 degree of freedom mod), but is not part of the standard version of the game, and I will say no more about it. The game only allows you to rotate your view along in 2 directions (2-DOF) out of the box.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> R&B.. not sure. Was it maybe "T&B" maybe that you saw? This refers to "Turn & Burn" it is a fighter tactic in which you engage in a turning battle with another fighter attempting to get into a position of advantage to obtain a firing solution. This is in contrast to the tactic of "B&Z" or "Boom & Zoom" in which you start with a height or energy advantage, zoom down onto your target, make a single pass, and then regain altitude to maintain your energy advantage over your target.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not believe there is any official Battle of Britain scenery additions. There are some "unofficial" maps under development by various parties, but I don't know very much. Search the forums for more info.

i guess this is it for now... thax for reading... i know im anoob but im tryng to improve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all began as nuggets and n00bs at one point, and only by research, practice, and a critique/evaluation of your performance will you get better.

There are some "formal" fighter and pilot schools for IL-2 out there, one is called Joint Ops, www.joint-ops.com, (http://www.joint-ops.com,) they have a "Basic Pilot School" that starts in October, the course runs 2.5 weeks 3 nights a week, with each class being 3 hours in length, you would learn a lot through this.

Good luck!

Stingray

pupo162
09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
thaks a lot for the help... finaly i was abe to keep up a formation... hurray
i've heard about birds of prey: is it a standalone or a addon for il2?

Stingray333
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
thaks a lot for the help... finaly i was abe to keep up a formation... hurray
i've heard about birds of prey: is it a standalone or a addon for il2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it is a stand alone game based on the IL-2 engine but made by a separate company, and is being released for the X-box 360 only

Stingray