PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need IL-2 if I have FB & ACE Xpansion?

jcikal
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I have the Forgotten Battles & Ace Expansion. However, I never bought IL-2. Do I need it in terms of new planes/maps, etc or is FB basically IL-2 with additional features? Thanks for any info.

jcikal
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I have the Forgotten Battles & Ace Expansion. However, I never bought IL-2. Do I need it in terms of new planes/maps, etc or is FB basically IL-2 with additional features? Thanks for any info.

Chuck_Older
06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcikal:
I have the Forgotten Battles & Ace Expansion. However, I never bought IL-2. Do I need it in terms of new planes/maps, etc or is FB basically IL-2 with additional features? Thanks for any info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The original Il*2 Sturmovik is not the base onto which Il*2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles is installed

You do not add FB onto the original Il*2 Sturmovik

Il*2:FB is it's own sim, and it starts the series that currently ends with pacific Fighters

Some elements of the original Il*2 can be imported into FB, such as missions. Do not let that confuse you into thinking FB is loaded onto the original Il*2

The original Il*2 is not needed for ACE or Pacific Fighters, let alone Il*2:FB

FoolTrottel
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi!

FB is really a more complete Original Il-2.

But, the Original one has some features that were changed in FB.
(Like, the sounds are different ...)

So, you do not need it!

But, to have more fun, you do need to get PF!

And, don't be a Fool, just get the Original IL2, it should be (and is) very cheap nowadays (5-6 EUR).. and it's fun!

jcikal
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Let me see if I have this straight:

1) There's nothing (outside of missions) that IL-2 has that FB doesn't already have. Correct?
2) So, if I were to purchase IL-2, the only thing different from FB is the missions. It would contain the same planes/maps/ships/objects. Is this correct?

Thanks for any info.

Chuck_Older
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
1) the flight models between the two are not the same, particularly in pateched versions of FB, but also in out-of-the-box versions as well.

2)No, it is incorrect. FB should has content that Il*2 does not...otherwise, what was the need for FB? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif FB is not an 'updated' Il*2, there is content not in Il*2. For instance- no Balaton map(Lake Balaton area) in Il*2, but there is in FB

jcikal
06-03-2005, 02:32 PM
So I purchase FB and I not only have everything that IL-2 has, but have more. However, what do you mean the flight models are not the same between the two? Is it in the way the planes fly, or is it because they do not have the same planes?

FoolTrottel
06-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes, FB has everything IL2 has, and some more.

In IL2 planes do fly differently.

And, the sounds are different, in the Original there seem to be more and 'better' sounds. (But that's mostly a personal opinion!)

Have Fun!