PDA

View Full Version : Combo Kills (X360)

Anik1989
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello. Im playing assasins creed, and when I was doing the tutorial for the combo kills I was doing just fine. But in actual battle I press X and then wait for the contact of the sword and press it again, however it doesnt work, they just block my attack. I even played with the timings, is there a trick to it? Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Anik1989
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello. Im playing assasins creed, and when I was doing the tutorial for the combo kills I was doing just fine. But in actual battle I press X and then wait for the contact of the sword and press it again, however it doesnt work, they just block my attack. I even played with the timings, is there a trick to it? Can anybody help?

Thanks.

MiniAssasin
11-21-2007, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anik1989:

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah time it better

SjadoN
11-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, just keep trying you will get the hang of it...
Eventhough I like countering better, coz in the end, they will block or counter most direct attacks anyway

AoR-ShockwaveGT
11-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Well yes, timing is the key to doing combo kills but i noticed that you also need to wear your opponents out a bit before you kill them in a combo or a counter. So, I'd say don't expect to get an instant combo kill.

NoRepro
11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I pretty muched used Combo kills through the entire game instead of throwing guards off roof tops.

I watch for the enemies attack animations to start and press/hold the X button to get off the Combo Kill.

If the attack is a Guard Breaker instead of a normal attack the NPCs usually follow up and hit you, then attack a third time. If you just let the second attack hit you on the last (3rd) stroke you can Combo Kill on it but using the long blade you have to be very very quick. With the short blade I found the timing to be much easier.

This could be due to the animation time differences between the long and short blade. However I am only guessing at that.

unnamedninja
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Yep some enemies are more difficult to combo kill than others, if they fully parry your hit then you cant do it. The full parry is where they make your blade slide off theirs and it makes a metal sliding noise.(sorry i cant describe it any better) The parry you're looking for is when your blade makes full contact with theirs and drives them back a bit, they should look like they're having difficulty parrying you.

Basically if you want to see it for yourself, when you hold down RT you will full parry. If you let go, Altair will parry for you but lose some health, the same thing happens to the guards when you attack them.

DungeonRaider
11-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Combo Kills drive me nuts trying to get them (only do so for the achievement) though I do find it far easier with the short sword and believe as someone suggested it's the faster attack that makes it easier. In fact I find myself using the short sword a lot, followed by the hidden blade.

Anik1989
11-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. I actually got the hang of it, and got the achievements. It was knacky, but never the less worth it.

darthkane
12-11-2007, 08:03 AM
hi there!
well, i don't know if it really works that way but i press "X+B+X"(on xbox360) and if Altair's close to the guy he performs some brutal kill, like snapping him in the face and once the victim turned around and the he stabbs him...
i don't know if i'm right because it happens rarely:-(
but i've acquired the achievment this way