PDA

View Full Version : How many more?

HotelBushranger
02-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Patches do you think we'll be getting?

No matter what, I won't be happy till I get my Fokker D XXI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

HotelBushranger
02-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Patches do you think we'll be getting?

No matter what, I won't be happy till I get my Fokker D XXI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Tooz_69GIAP
02-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Well, I think we are gonna get at least one patch, maybe two, depending on whether we get the Burma and Norway maps when they're done in the same patch or not. And we're getting at least one of the Russian add-ons (Pe-2 payware add-on), and if that sells well, we'll get two other payware add-ons.

Whatever else we get on top of that, I dunno.

Yak_Ace
02-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Hello! First I thank you for so many free add-ons! As Tooz_69GIAP wrote above a Pe-2 payware add-on will be relased soon. I'd like to know whether this add-on will be avaliable outside Russia/FSU?

Chuck_Older
02-11-2006, 08:05 AM
If you read Tooz's reply again, he indicates that his opinion is that the add-on with the Pe-2 will be released outside of Russia

Personally I <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">NEED to have</span> either the Ki-27 or at the very least the DXXI. I am in limbo on a project without them!

HotelBushranger
02-11-2006, 08:12 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

On the topic of pay add-ons, I am very worried. If Oleg decides to release a pay add-on, I reckon you're going to find the community divided, between those that have it and those that don't. Servers would probably be supporting the add-on, so theres lets just say half the community gone. And with a small one like this, it counts big time.

Monty_Thrud
02-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Well there's definately got to be one more patch as Oleg hasn't fixed the i suck at flying bug yet

Chuck_Older
02-11-2006, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

On the topic of pay add-ons, I am very worried. If Oleg decides to release a pay add-on, I reckon you're going to find the community divided, between those that have it and those that don't. Servers would probably be supporting the add-on, so theres lets just say half the community gone. And with a small one like this, it counts big time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta disagree. That was the Big Fear when PF was announced as a stand-alone and add-on

I don't know where the 'splitting the community' concerns came from. We are not going to lose half the community every time there's an add-on. Id didn't happen with PF and it won't happen now. We didn't lose anything but transient players, who were going to leave after a short tiem ANYway

What folks forget is that there's a lot of transient players in any game, especially an online game...and most players also seem to look at this sim as strictly an online game anyway, which is a mistake

If the community was going to split, it would have done so...look at all the ruckus over patches, past and present. Remember 4.01? Wow, if the community didn't spilt over THAT...Each of those patches is essantially another version of the sim...has the community divided itself in two over all that, every time? Nope. Trust me, the community isn't going to dissolve or lose half the players when each new add-on comes around

Also consider that there's folks out there who use the sim and don't post here. And also remember that there's folks out there that will spend the time and money to get the sim up to speed from scratch because they just discovered it and are combat flight sim entusiats, and WOW, my favorite plane is in, so I'll take the plunge

I think the 'community dividing' anxiety is all in people's heads. I said so way back when it first came up, too- and it never happened then, either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Also bear in mind that a lot of the "I ain't buying your stinkin games anymore u suk Oleg" types are so full of sh*t that toilets are named after them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tooz_69GIAP
02-11-2006, 08:27 AM
The Pe-2 payware add-on (containing 4 versions of the Pe-2 and 2 versions of the Pe-3, I believe) will definately be sold outside the FSU. Dependant upon sales of this add-on, it will be decided whether the other two add-ons will be released. Oleg has said that it will be released "soon", and to watch for an announcement on it "sooner".

I believe the Ki-27 will be released in the IL-10/Manchuria add-on, which (I think) will be the one released after the Pe-2/3 add-on, according from what Saqson posted somewhere.

The final add-on will have a couple of eastern front maps (one being Ukraine, I think) and some VVS 1946 type aircraft with jet/prop hybrid aircraft, and some other stuff I think. Not entirely sure on this one.

Yak_Ace
02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Great! As I see FB/AEP/PF has an assured future regardless of Oleg's new "BoB" flight-sim! So, tell me one more thing Tooz_69GIAP: Will other planes (except Pe-2's and Pe-3's versions, of course) be included in that "Pe-2" add-on and if so, what ones?

waffen-79
02-11-2006, 08:54 AM
the eastern Addons Pe-2 etc I WILL BUY. but I just need 1 more plane:

Ar-234 (any variante)

russ.nl
02-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I have been thinking about the add-on's and patches that will be released till BoB.
There will be three payed add-on's for surtan.
Pe-2: Covering Germany and Russia (perhaps even Finland?)
IL-10: Covering China and Japan?
(1946?): Covering what if.

Looking at the planes and cockpits 1cmaddox is working on. Seen on the post: About the life of the whole Il-2 series.
You can sort most them to these add-ons.

Pe-2:
Pe-2 series 1
Pe-2 series 84
Pe-2 series 110
Pe-2 series 359
Pe-3
Pe-3 bis
*Avia_B-534
*La-7R
*Letov_S-328
*Yak-3R

IL-10:
IL-10
*A-20C
Ki-27ko
Ki-27otsu
B6N2
*La-7R

(1946?)
Bi-1 (new)
Bi-6 (3 engines)
Shinden (I hope)

Free add-on 4.03:
Ju-88A4
Tempest MK.V
Mosquito FB.MK.VI
MC-200 III
MC-202 III
MC-202 VII
MC-202 XII
MC-205 I
MC-205 III
J2M3
Bf-109K4 C3 1.98Ata
Spitfire MK.IX 25lbs
Do-335A-0

Sorted like this, there are a couple of planes left that I can not place in the pay add-on's.
2 Italien planes, 2 Dutch including the D-XXI, Finnish and Danish and American plane.
So lets hope we will still get them. I personaly want to have the D-XXI and CW-21.

(D-XXI_DANISH
D-XXI_DUTCH
D-XXI_Finn3_Early
D-XXI_Finn3_Late
D-XXI_Finn4)
CW-21
Re-2000
G-55
F2A-3(Multi1)
F2A-3(USA)

(*, not shore where to place those)

Does anybody have any idea what planes will be in "1946"?
Please correct me where you can. I looked at the "About the life of the whole Il-2 series", "Russian add-on`s....in order to avoid confusion" and "Short news before official anounces" threads and looked what planes whill probebly be in what add-on.

Yak_Ace
02-11-2006, 09:27 AM
If russ.nl is right, we will get an interesting planes, indeed!
I personally count on N1K2-J "George" flyable in "Il-10" add-on! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif