PDA

View Full Version : DCG 3.06

Pres.Clinton
02-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a question about DCG 3.06 I finshed my Polish campaign as a german fighter pilot and all it said was the Russian Forces have retreated from the sector, and the campaign would not continue on to the france 1940 campaign. Was this just a fluke? Will DCG continue on through the entire war like the default campaign generator will?

Pres.Clinton
02-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a question about DCG 3.06 I finshed my Polish campaign as a german fighter pilot and all it said was the Russian Forces have retreated from the sector, and the campaign would not continue on to the france 1940 campaign. Was this just a fluke? Will DCG continue on through the entire war like the default campaign generator will?

JunkoIfurita
02-10-2005, 06:24 AM
DCG only links certain fronts into a 'Grand Campaign', and unfortunately there isn't adequate documentation as to which fronts are linked.

Are you using the full dgen replacement feature? I play my DCG campaigns co-op, so I'm not entirely experienced with this, but with the the full dgen replaced auto-generation feature, you start your campaigns from within IL2, using the standard single player campaign generation screen. This allows you to select nationality, planes, etc, and will show you which fronts are available and linked for that nationality.

In co-op there is only one Grand Campaign (Eastern Front), but it covers most of the maps within FB.

It's probable that the Polish campaign is a single map campaign - DCG has quite a few of those (Normandy campaign, Tobruk 'sands of time' campaign).

dgen replacement is the least confusing way to use DCG for offline gaming, and it backs up your original dgen.exe, and will roll it back as soon as you deselect the 'dgen replacement' option.

Hope this helps, and if you need a properly coherent answer, why not drop in and ask Paul Lowengrin at the www.lowengrin.com (http://www.lowengrin.com) forums? I've yet to see him ignore a question posed by a DCG user.

----