PDA

View Full Version : Would you play without Sam?

CompanionCube
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm aware this has been talked about but I want to see a poll.

Aveelo
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CompanionCube:

Yes! Archer Plz! Hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

sammyboy1981
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I would, YES. However, it would have to be something different. If the game is the same, than removing Sam would not be necessary...but if the gameplay was different or altgether a different style, than why not (as long as stealth remains prevelant).

I've always thought that Splinter Cell would make a good squad-based game, where you lead a team of SC agents on complex infiltrations...barking orders and assigning responsibilities. Instead of "go shoot that guy" however, the orders would be more strategic and stealth oriented, like setting up distractions and rescuing hostages.

Stealth must be the key element though...or else it might just be R6 or something.

Mr.E.Bear
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
If it means I could play as someone who slowly and methodically infiltrated an area without being detected, the yeah, in a heartbeat.

As much as I love Sam, I hate his BAW U KILLED MY DAUGHTER PEW PEW PEW DIE GUARD WHO HAD NO RELATION TO THIS EVENT!

DOUBLEACE
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr.E.Bear:
If it means I could play as someone who slowly and methodically infiltrated an area without being detected, the yeah, in a heartbeat.

As much as I love Sam, I hate his BAW U KILLED MY DAUGHTER PEW PEW PEW DIE GUARD WHO HAD NO RELATION TO THIS EVENT!

You're not a very good listener are you?

FrankieSatt
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
No, Splinter Cell is Sam Fisher. Without Sam Fisher you don't have a Splinter Cell game. PERIOD.

Isanator
02-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Aveelo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CompanionCube:

Yes! Archer Plz! Hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe even Kestrel also, we could learn about the Russian splinter cell company Voron, it would be neat to have a complete separate storyline, taking place in a different country, company, and splinter cell.

arandomhero1117
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
With convictions style of gameplay they would need another story like this which would be just out of no where. I would play without Sam if it looks like CT or something like the Co-op mode characters do. Full outfit and gadgets would be a must if done without Sam.

savior2006
02-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
No, Splinter Cell is Sam Fisher. Without Sam Fisher you don't have a Splinter Cell game. PERIOD.
He WAS Splinter Cell in the first game. But now there are more of them, although far less interesting. A character change is the least of Ubisoft's problems.

I_am_a_SC
02-15-2010, 08:59 PM
It's possible. If Ubisoft tried delivering the same kind of fake Hollywood crap from D/A on, then no but if they went back to how the first 3 games were, and based them on realism then it is possible but I don't know? I have lost all faith in Ubisoft and will never fully trust them again to put out a game that I like.

Stealthgamer001
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
It wouldn't be as good, but I'd still play it.

YtseJammer69
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes probably, but the game would lose a lot of substance without Sam, who is probably my favorite video game character. And taking out Sam means no more Ironside, which would really suck.

Deathgrim666
02-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by YtseJammer69:
Yes probably, but the game would lose a lot of substance without Sam, who is probably my favorite video game character. And taking out Sam means no more Ironside, which would really suck.

to be honest, sam is a good game character. but i think people are more interested in the game then sam. so a change of character would not be that bad. hands down my favorite has to be solid snake from mgs the character is the reason why u played the game!!!

Isanator
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Here is what I am focused on in games..

50% good game play

40% storyline

10% characters

Basically, the game has to be good for me to play it. thats 50 percent of the reason I buy a game, the game play, if it doesn't have a good storyline or characters, I might not get it, but I might get it for game play

Storyline is a major factor in this too. Good game play, good storyline, not so good characters, ill buy the game probably. Good storyline, bad characters and game play, i wont buy the game.

and character, a small 10% of the meaning to a game to it. They add that, final touch, you know? Sure, the splinter cells had good game play and storyline, but, that last bit, the characters, just made it that much better.

Conviction has very good characters, very good storyline, and good game play. The game play looks very fun and exciting, but there are a few things I don't like about it.

NuclearFuss
02-16-2010, 03:34 AM
You see Gabe from RSV made a very convincing Splinter Cell before he once again betrayed us. Use him. Oh, wait he's dead so use Archer.

srdjan_ribar
02-16-2010, 04:15 AM
I would... but it wont be the same... I fell in love of Splinter cell just because I loved stealth games and there was non of those (still not much of them right now) not in Sam Fisher. But as someone who played all SC games, I say -No Sam, no SC feel-. Plus new main guy... he must not be as Sam...what is the point of new guy, then. It would be good to have some SC spin-off, where you are not working for USA and 3E, but for Russia and Voron... and mabye female charachter. And No stealth black and white vision!!!

Knot3D
02-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Hardcore stealth = Hardcore stealth.

With or without Sam Fisher ; so, YES, I would
want a hardcore SC game without Fisher as well.

R0NI_S
02-16-2010, 07:14 AM
I voted as long as Grim was still in my ear. I'd like to see what other Splinter Cell operatives are like when working alone. Maybe the other side of a story. But Sam is timeless. I wish my children would play games with Sam.

Rea1SamF1sher
02-16-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't want to play without Sam Fisher. Somehow I don't like Archer as much as Kestrel.

Isanator
02-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Andre202:
I don't want to play without Sam Fisher. Somehow I don't like Archer as much as Kestrel.
Same, I just, have this feeling, that Archer just isn't as good as Kestrel..I feel that Archer is the new guy that follows around the main Splinter Cell, (Kinda like the first level in double agent, where you have that Splinter Cell in training)Yes, I do know he is much better, its just this weird feeling I have lol

Jamsedreng22
02-16-2010, 07:38 AM
If they make a game with Archer the first one with him should be called "Splinter Cell: Chronicles of Archer" or "Splinter Cell: A.R.C.H.E.R" or "Splinter Cell: Codename Archer" or stuff like that.

And Archer and Kestrel would know each other from ConViction and Archer would be like in some trouble once in a while and Kestrel would COOP with you, like Hisham in old gen DA or John in Current-Gen DA. COOP would then feature a comepletely diffrent story. And then they could make another game about Archer. "Voron: Kestrel" or something? and those games would tie up like, in the game with Kestrel you would have at one point to go meet up with Archer and help him, and at some point archer would fly to russia to help out Kestrel. That way building a unique partnership and giving those two and actual face. Instead of "Bob and Steve" who was pretty much faceless. Imagine the awesomeness.

Rea1SamF1sher
02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Isanator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:
Same, I just, have this feeling, that Archer just isn't as good as Kestrel..I feel that Archer is the new guy that follows around the main Splinter Cell, (Kinda like the first level in double agent, where you have that Splinter Cell in training)Yes, I do know he is much better, its just this weird feeling I have lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In the Germand Forum the characters were described and liked Kestrels much more. Archer is arrogant. It wouldn't be bad if they have Kestrel as a Splinter Cell. Like Third Echelon (Grim) saw how good he was and then he is working for 3E. Sam Fisher or Kestrel, but not Archer.

Isanator
02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isanator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:
Same, I just, have this feeling, that Archer just isn't as good as Kestrel..I feel that Archer is the new guy that follows around the main Splinter Cell, (Kinda like the first level in double agent, where you have that Splinter Cell in training)Yes, I do know he is much better, its just this weird feeling I have lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In the Germand Forum the characters were described and liked Kestrels much more. Archer is arrogant. It wouldn't be bad if they have Kestrel as a Splinter Cell. Like Third Echelon (Grim) saw how good he was and then he is working for 3E. Sam Fisher or Kestrel, but not Archer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe even Kestrel also, we could learn about the Russian splinter cell company Voron, it would be neat to have a complete separate storyline, taking place in a different country, company, and splinter cell.

Knot3D
02-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Heh, I'm opposite.. I think I'll like Archer better.

Jamsedreng22
02-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Knot3D:

So do i.

Archer seems stealth, tactical and smart. Kestrel seems brutal and ignorant.

Rea1SamF1sher
02-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Jamsedreng22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

So do i.

Archer seems stealth, tactical and smart. Kestrel seems brutal and ignorant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I heard the first sentence of Archer I got the feeling he is arrogant.

Kestrel:
- Haunted by terrifying memories of past war efforts
- Melancholy and fatalistic
- Know in emergencies no scruples (want to survive), but not particularly proud of the fact

Archer:
- Imaginary, almost arrogant
- Charming and eloquent, almost sociopathic.
- Attracted by the excitement and danger of his job

Here you go.

Jamsedreng22
02-16-2010, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamsedreng22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

So do i.

Archer seems stealth, tactical and smart. Kestrel seems brutal and ignorant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kestrel:
- Know in emergencies no scruples (want to survive), but not particularly proud of the fact

Archer:

Here you go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know? If you read their biography on man of conviction, how do you even get those facts out of Archer?

Rea1SamF1sher
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamsedreng22:

So do i.

Kestrel:

Archer:

Here you go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know? If you read their biography on man of conviction, how do you even get those facts out of Archer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was posted on the German Forums by an Ubisoft employee! And I trust them because they also said there wouldn't come a demo in January.

Jamsedreng22
02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
New sig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif epic win. German forums? how come they get special treatment?

The Khaos
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes, but he would have to be a Totaly New character. And Sam Fishers Story would have to End imo, With Sam fisher, Dieing, Leaving all the action and going away to another country, Just somthing that ends hes story completely.

Then the character would have to be New, some one not used before. And maybe have 1 or 2 games where he Or she is a Splinter Cell, doing Missions like sam was until they Make a twist and change the story. But i'd also like it to go back to the More Stealty gameplay too (Yes i know conviction is stealth, i just mean how it use to be)

CoastalGirl
02-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I would play a SC without Sam a lot more willingly than a SC with Sam voiced by someone other than MI... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'd want the new character to have Sam's main qualities, though (so, a definite no to the sociopathic one).

srdjan_ribar
02-16-2010, 10:12 AM

So do i.

Oh come on! Cold war is over... No more smart americans and dumb commies...They fly to space togeder now, you know.Plus Kastrel is so much more like Sam in conviction (i know all three have same moves, but it seems that, ulike Archer, Kastrel sees conflict too personal, like Sam. And it would be good to step out of -USA fixes things- concept

Knot3D
02-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Personal vendetta's in storylines are a bit of an overused story template, to evoke audience emotional involvement.

They could also use, many other story directions to get a strong emotional audience reaction, while keeping the player
character an objective/neutral character.

So, provided that there would be a character with similar skills and determined mindset as Sam Fisher, he could very well
replace Fisher.

Of course, for the sake of a fun game, they should do this new character the RIGHT way ; Raiden in MGS2 had the
same skill set as Solid Snake, but of course, his character styling was completely WRONG.

lettermen0412
02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
chacters like bob and steve! or bob or steve?

StealthyCrow
02-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Maybe but it wouldn't be the same.