PDA

View Full Version : Announcements

Martythemerc
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I wonder if they announced Far Cry 3 too early?

A generic "It'll be out in 2012" could mean 12 months or more from now, and they'll let stuff trickle out over "how long"? Wouldn't it be better to say "You'll have to wait 6 months" ?

Waiting long could mean two scenarios. (1) People (like now) will be hyped up at the beginning and wanting to wait. (2.) Interest will wane as time goes on and little information is trickled out but other gaming companies will be coming out with stuff and big announcements and shorter turnout times upon announcing. I wish they had been definitive on the release date instead of just "2012". Is it really finished? Why don't they give "beta copies" out to professional non-corprate people to play them from the public's point of view and iron out some items that might be irritants FIRST - then announce a release date even 3 or 4 months AFTER that announcement. How will they keep the hype alive, and for how long? People, these days, in this fast-paced world and gamers in particular http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif have attention spans of fruit flies - so how long?

Was there a market research done to examine the whole story and what features - or was it corporate subjective?

Any thoughts?

Martythemerc
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I wonder if they announced Far Cry 3 too early?

A generic "It'll be out in 2012" could mean 12 months or more from now, and they'll let stuff trickle out over "how long"? Wouldn't it be better to say "You'll have to wait 6 months" ?

Waiting long could mean two scenarios. (1) People (like now) will be hyped up at the beginning and wanting to wait. (2.) Interest will wane as time goes on and little information is trickled out but other gaming companies will be coming out with stuff and big announcements and shorter turnout times upon announcing. I wish they had been definitive on the release date instead of just "2012". Is it really finished? Why don't they give "beta copies" out to professional non-corprate people to play them from the public's point of view and iron out some items that might be irritants FIRST - then announce a release date even 3 or 4 months AFTER that announcement. How will they keep the hype alive, and for how long? People, these days, in this fast-paced world and gamers in particular http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif have attention spans of fruit flies - so how long?

Was there a market research done to examine the whole story and what features - or was it corporate subjective?

Any thoughts?

DapperHayden007
06-17-2011, 10:55 AM
what? it will definitely not be 12 months because they would have announced it at e3 2012... Another thing is that FC3 rumours were going around before the announcement that it will be coming out late 2011. I think it will come out on February

Ilovepho
06-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I think FC3 will come out in the first quarter of 2012.