PDA

View Full Version : Movable seat positions

Quenaelin
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
There are too few airplanes with openable canopies and movable seat positions. Why every aircraft doesn't have atleast couple of movable seat positions, it is very hard taxing to runway, when you see nothing but engine in front of you. It would be much easier to look behind and also more realistic, if you could move your seat position littlebit to other side.

Quenaelin
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
There are too few airplanes with openable canopies and movable seat positions. Why every aircraft doesn't have atleast couple of movable seat positions, it is very hard taxing to runway, when you see nothing but engine in front of you. It would be much easier to look behind and also more realistic, if you could move your seat position littlebit to other side.

JG54_Lukas
08-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Think about how old most of the cockpit models are, and you'll have your answer.

Also, not all WWII aircraft had adjustable seats.

Quenaelin
08-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes this game is old, but still there could be patches which are improving game. If these features cannot be included in IL-2 I hope they are included in BoB. Head position should be also movable, now head position is too static, you cannot lean your head in any direction. Head/seat position should be freely movable inside cockpit and even little bit outside when canopy is open.

Skoshi Tiger
08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quenaelin:
Yes this game is old, but still there could be patches which are improving game.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there has been quite a few patches already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quenaelin:
If these features cannot be included in IL-2 I hope they are included in BoB. Head position should be also movable, now head position is too static, you cannot lean your head in any direction. Head/seat position should be freely movable inside cockpit and even little bit outside when canopy is open. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOB will have 6DOF for Track IR uses, but seat adjstments would have to depend on the aircraft being modeled. It shouldn't be added to aircraft that didn't have it.

All but the very early spitfires had two step rudder pedals. The top position was used to raise the legs during combat to improve the pilot G tolerance. I wonder if that will be modeled?

Choctaw111
08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Too late for Il2. Wait for BoB.