PDA

View Full Version : My saves keep deleting...

godotce
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
What's going on!?!?!?
Whenever I check the file where my saves are located it gives me a save that's in a deleted format. But I never did anything!!!!!!
It might have to do with the crashes I keep getting. Can anyone help me fix these crashes?
When i'm playing mid-game i'll freeze, and my entire laptop gets lock out, can't move mouse or anything, so I do a hard shut down. When I try to turn it on it immediately shuts down a couple seconds after, and I have to wait for like, 2 minutes for it to completely come back on. What's happening? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

kleaneasy
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi godotce and welcome to the forums

I'll pass your username back to the team and see what we can find out for you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

godotce
03-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks, this is getting seriously frustrating...

Dizlol
03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
If its true they can find ur save game back, that would be an awesome service!

Hope u guys get it fixed!

godotce
03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh, and another thing. Is there any way to enable saves to be stored online at this point? How?

Junka1986
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3839/ubi.png (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/ubi.png/)

When your Ubi Launcher launches

godotce
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Yep, thanks Junka, it was already enabled though. >.<
Now i'm wondering, if my saves were stored online, how come they were deleted?

sweeneytodd94
03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I lost about 6hrs play the other day and reported it on the ubisoft customer support system. I was told "You should expect a response from us within the next business day." but haven't heard anything at all in 3 days.

Any chance you can pass my username on too? I just don't particularly want to have to play 4/5 sequences all through again right now...

godotce
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
So... when can I expect an answer? Will I recieve a message? Or will it appear in this topic?

godotce
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I've figured something out.
The game won't freeze up if it's just on battery power, and when I plug in the AC, it'll freeze up.
It's weird, but I hope it helps.

godotce
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Bump

Xanatos2007
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Bumping is a nuisance, if you forgot to say something please use the EDIT button to modify your post (located in the bottom-right corner of your post, the eraser button).

Magnarr
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
It's happening to me as well. Earlier I resumed the game from the previous autosave, but now it's starting me back to about 12 minutes into the initial game (way earlier than the previous autosave started me).

Pretty lame guys. How about implementing an old-school manual save?

I guess I'll go through and repeat the hours of stuff I've already completed once.

godotce
03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm not getting the save problem anymore. It's just the fact that my game always crashes when I plug in my AC power that's really frustrating.

godotce
03-12-2010, 08:29 AM
*cries*

FiskMunk
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Don't be sad - They treat their customers like that. It's normal.

Magnarr
03-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Magnarr:
It's happening to me as well. Earlier I resumed the game from the previous autosave, but now it's starting me back to about 12 minutes into the initial game (way earlier than the previous autosave started me).

I guess I'll go through and repeat the hours of stuff I've already completed once.

**** A warning before you get too involved with the game: ****
I switched to the option yesterday for having the game auto-saves on the computer instead of online. I went through about 12 hours of game time since then. Now I log on after a recent freeze, and 'poof' the whole character is gone. (And yes the computer is just fine and totally updated; Vista64 with GTX280)

Quoting myself here from yesterday since this info is related, although far worse news on the topic.

I'm putting this game away until it gets a real strong patch that addresses this issue.

godotce
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Magnarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magnarr:

I switched to the option yesterday for having the game auto-saves on the computer instead of online. I went through about 12 hours of game time since then. Now I log on after a recent freeze, and 'poof' the whole character is gone. (And yes the computer is just fine and totally updated; Vista64 with GTX280)

Quoting myself here from yesterday since this info is related, although far worse news on the topic.

I'm putting this game away until it gets a real strong patch that addresses this issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang, that sucks Magnar.
So, for all of us people that are having a rough time with AC2, does this mean we'll get this "special thing" as an apology from Ubisoft?

Magnarr
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by godotce:
*cries*
A note on the AC power. I run all my stuff on a battery 24/7 for safety (UPS). If you're switching for whatever reason, maybe try plugging into AC current before turning on the machine. The burst of power there might be affecting your mainboard, which is dangerous. If you're using a UPS, that's best to just leave on all the time. If it's a laptop, just plug it in before you start the machine.

Magnarr
03-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by godotce:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magnarr:

I'm putting this game away until it gets a real strong patch that addresses this issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang, that sucks Magnar.
So, for all of us people that are having a rough time with AC2, does this mean we'll get this "special thing" as an apology from Ubisoft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah it sucks donkey. I was really looking forward to this game and the graphics are fantastic. Storyline is really well done too. I totally accept hardware/software not being compatible at first, being it's new and bugs are bound to happen. But a save issue? C'mon. This is 2010.

Wolfeoak
03-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I am not the only one with save problems i can see.
Have lost all my saves four times.
I suppose this is what the new DRM system is doing. The meaning of this system was that you could have a safe place to save your game on. Neither of the saving options you have works. What a mess you created Ubisoft. Realize that it doesn't work at all. Give us player the chance to save the game on our own comp.
When you buy a game that only is for single players, why must it have a Internet connection all the time? This i ridicules.
Get a patch so that we could save the game on the comp and lose the DRM in to eternity.

Magnarr
03-16-2010, 03:52 AM
For what it's worth, I pressed on anyway. I couldn't resist despite the setbacks. The game's incredible.

What I've found, and it seems to be working, is if you don't move at all during the autosaves and a few seconds after (watch for the moving diamond). Every 10-20min or so quit out of the game and allow the updater to complete its process. Then, wait a few more minutes and log back in. (use online saves only, the other's bugged)

So far this is working, and I've gotten to Venice. I think there's a lag in the autosave updater that's causing all these issues. Any additional processes seems to inhibit it from completing. (From what I'm reading, it may be a Vista/7/x64 issue).

Keep in mind this seems to be processing within the DRM link and outside the computer's processing itself.