PDA

View Full Version : Another "Wobble" Test (Poll)



tonyt1960
02-19-2006, 10:45 PM

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
I don't see why this would even matter. Unless someone at another site edited the patch file for some reason, which IMO is very unlikely.

Old_Canuck
02-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Wild.Bill.Kelso:
I don't see why this would even matter. Unless someone at another site edited the patch file for some reason, which IMO is very unlikely.

But there was a comment in another thread about "bad" patches. Possible data corruption? I got my patches from Ubi and Gamershell and haven't had any wobbles before AND after reformatting the hard drive.

Pig_Mac
02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Why would anyone get their patches from any other place then UBI? they sure were the first on releasing the 4.03.. and I never been awaiting a patch as eagerly as this one.

(Giving UBI site less load is the only reason I can come up with)

Pig_Mac
02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
..and at the release of 4.04 even I understood why anyone get their patches from other places http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DaimonSyrius
02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by tonyt1960:
You know what, i just thought of something. Not really sure if it matters, but it might show a pattern... dont know if has already been addressed. Let me know if it has and i'll delete it for the sake of keeping "wobble" threads non-redundant.

Where did you get your patches?

Please vote. If voting "other", please put down your download site in the thread. thanks...

Can't remember where it was that I got 4.03 from. Not terribly wobbly.

Got 4.04 today from http://www.gamershell.com
No wobbles at all, it feels really good (only been flying P-51D so far).

And guess what, tonyt... I'd say something's changed with the CoG. And for the better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cheers,
S.

Dash_8
02-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I have gotten all of my patches from UBI, and have had absolutly No wobbles in 4.01. Had TERRIBLE wobbles with 4.02 (tryied it twice and was impossible to fly so re-installed 4.01 twice). Very slight wobbles in 4.03. Not too bad. So far 4.04 is the same as 4.03 to me.

Another thing, I started using the IL2 sticks joystick setup utillity that is at the bottom of Tully's sig when 4.03 came out. I use Ivan's setup that is in this joystick setup utillity and have had none to just some very small wobbles since. Don't know if it has anything to do with the 'wobbles' testing, but thought I'd share this anyhow.

P.S. Thanks Ivan for a joystick setup that has allowed me to get more kills than ever before on or offline. It just fits my style of flying.

FoolTrottel
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Gamershell.

Mind you, this is where I got 4.04m from... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

lowfighter
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dash_8:
So far 4.04 is the same as 4.03 to me.
[QUOTE]
That's strange, some people have seen a substantial change, including me. What planes have you tried?
If you see no difference in the corsair or P47, it means that the whole thing is still a bit user dependent? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif :

VW-IceFire
02-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm convinced more and more over the last few days that wobbles are caused by something bad in the config.ini. And not just the adding 0's after entries in the joystick RTS. Something else...but that does help.

I have solved and unsolved my wobble problem several times in the last few days in an attempt to bring my hard lock problem under control. After a hard lock I get wobbles. It seems when the game crashes like this for me the config.ini gets somehow altered. Not in a way that you can see but some sort of interaction between config.ini and the game changes.

Why do I say this?

Because I have, after a crash, run into sound issues, wobble issues, ATI video card corruption that I didn't have previously, even my Autopilot automation default changed from ON to OFF and back to ON again.

A few days ago I copied a backup config.ini frm 4.01 into my 4.03 version (I just replaced the file) and the sound and wobble issues were fixed. You may say I'm crazy...but its true. With 4.04m which I just installed...I had wobble on first playing it. I reset the computer and now it seems fixed. I'm crossing my fingers that I've got my crash hardlock problem licked and this wobble thing under control.

crazyivan1970
02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
It doesnt really matter where the patch was downloaded from. Same release version. UBI gets 2 packages... 1) 404 (PF stand alone), 2) 404m (Merged)

Did not have wobbles since 2001 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
It doesnt really matter where the patch was downloaded from. Same release version. UBI gets 2 packages... 1) 404 (PF stand alone), 2) 404m (Merged)

Did not have wobbles since 2001 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Its probably my fault for starting this idea...I had great success with 4.02 when I re-downloaded and reinstalled the patch and it fixed the wobble. But I think it has more to do with reloading the patch and doing something to the files involved than the actual contents of the archive EXE itself.

crazyivan1970
02-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Its probably my fault for starting this idea...I had great success with 4.02 when I re-downloaded and reinstalled the patch and it fixed the wobble. But I think it has more to do with reloading the patch and doing something to the files involved than the actual contents of the archive EXE itself.

E-mailing Oleg as we speak to remove Tempest from the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Chuck_Older
02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Finally, some real action! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

lowfighter
02-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I'm convinced more and more over the last few days that wobbles are caused by something bad in the config.ini. And not just the adding 0's after entries in the joystick RTS. Something else...but that does help.

I have solved and unsolved my wobble problem several times in the last few days in an attempt to bring my hard lock problem under control. After a hard lock I get wobbles. It seems when the game crashes like this for me the config.ini gets somehow altered. Not in a way that you can see but some sort of interaction between config.ini and the game changes.

Why do I say this?

Because I have, after a crash, run into sound issues, wobble issues, ATI video card corruption that I didn't have previously, even my Autopilot automation default changed from ON to OFF and back to ON again.

A few days ago I copied a backup config.ini frm 4.01 into my 4.03 version (I just replaced the file) and the sound and wobble issues were fixed. You may say I'm crazy...but its true. With 4.04m which I just installed...I had wobble on first playing it. I reset the computer and now it seems fixed. I'm crossing my fingers that I've got my crash hardlock problem licked and this wobble thing under control.

Hi Icefire! Related to your lock-wobble correlation: I'm wondering, we have our conf.ini files which tell the way the game plays. However when one joins a server one play with the settings of the server, to give an example, I have in my conf.ini Typeclowds=0 (old clowds) but if I join a server I sometimes see the NEW clouds. So my question: when I join the server which has somewhat different settings (icons externals etc) does the program initially go to my conf.ini makes the changes and most probably make a backup of the original conf.ini. Because if now I join the server but after a while my PC locks when I restart the conf.ini is not anymore my original one? Anyone knows? When I have time I'll stage a lock and see what happens.