PDA

View Full Version : What if? Germany in the PTO....Your help needed

HuninMunin
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Hello there, fellow PtO enthusiasts!

Colonel Douglas King and me started working on a fictional Luftwaffe campaign featuring the Graf Zeppelin and then of course German carrier operations and planes.

At the very moment we have the general plotline wich will start with pilot-training, goes on with the Battle Of Britain and then carrier action within the Mediteranian and later on in the Pacific.
Altough we are allready working on missions and I have completed some skins for the Me-109 T versions we plan to use, we are eager to collect ideas and thoughts from our fellow community members.

If you are interestet in the idea and you can contribute ANYTHING (basic suggestions, missions, skins, movies, storys, advice etc.) than both the Colonel and I would be really glad to listen to everything you might come up with.

Here is a link to the thread were it all comes
together in the Painters Forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/1911019854/p/1

I salute you all and hope that 1 or 2 of you will support us in our efford.

Simon "Hunin" Phoenix

To the Mods:
I have posted the very same Thread in the Missions Builders Forum to get an broader response from the community.
I would ask you to shift this thread to General Discussion in a few days or so.
Thank you very much.

HuninMunin
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Hello there, fellow PtO enthusiasts!

Colonel Douglas King and me started working on a fictional Luftwaffe campaign featuring the Graf Zeppelin and then of course German carrier operations and planes.

At the very moment we have the general plotline wich will start with pilot-training, goes on with the Battle Of Britain and then carrier action within the Mediteranian and later on in the Pacific.
Altough we are allready working on missions and I have completed some skins for the Me-109 T versions we plan to use, we are eager to collect ideas and thoughts from our fellow community members.

If you are interestet in the idea and you can contribute ANYTHING (basic suggestions, missions, skins, movies, storys, advice etc.) than both the Colonel and I would be really glad to listen to everything you might come up with.

Here is a link to the thread were it all comes
together in the Painters Forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/1911019854/p/1

I salute you all and hope that 1 or 2 of you will support us in our efford.

Simon "Hunin" Phoenix

To the Mods:
I have posted the very same Thread in the Missions Builders Forum to get an broader response from the community.
I would ask you to shift this thread to General Discussion in a few days or so.
Thank you very much.

CornbreadPattie
08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
First, I don't think the Mediterannean is a good start for the carrier campaign. It would have been completely idiotic to send their only aircraft carrier through the Straight of Gibraltar. The straight is only 7 miles wide at a point and It surely would have been attacked by submarines, warships, aircraft, and coastal defense. I like your idea very much, but disenfortunadamente, the Med is not the best place to start.

I think a campaign for Luftwaffe pilots flying for the Kriegsmarine should start in the North Sea against a convoy, but when the Bismark and other important vessels in Germany's little navy are sunk, the Graf is sent on a tour of Northern Russia to intercept convoys and attack positions behind the front. Think Murmansk.
There a battle insues as the British and Soviet planes try hard to locate this strange ship. The Soviets make an effort to sink the Graf Zeppelin with a pack of warships first. The Stukas dive bomb the Soviet cruisers and battleships but take losses. The carrier returns to port successfully but newly trained replacement pilots have not the expirience of those lost at sea. A new version of the Bf-109T is introduced to carry small bombs in an effort to give bomber pilots more speed. The more speed they have, the more likely they are to survive and return to ship.

Germany realizes air wing on board the Graf Zeppelin is way too small to risk the ship and the resources it takes to protect it in European waters so it is sent around Africa to supplement Japanese forces fighting in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Small strike packages are launched to bombard and pester Free French and British interests along the way, but the carrier's real mission is to transfer planes and secret technologies to the solitary Japanese.

The German high command keeps the Graf Zeppelin far from heated fights with the Americans, but continues to resupply former German colonies in the Pacific. Planes are transferred from Italy to China and Guam.

For a year the Graf Zeppelin makes return trips as a a transport for aircraft and weapons and even a few soldiers to defend what remains of Japan's empire, but in June 1944, the Graf Zeppelin is sent alongside a Japanese task force with the purpose of defending the Marianas. The task force is spotted by submarines and the Japanese carrier Taiho is lost early on. The Germans contribute mainly by flying boring patrols over it's sector of the task force. A german section also stands by at a Japanese airfield in Guam. The German carrier is sunk by a massive American attack, but what remains of the Naval Air Force is refueled on Japanese carriers and deployed to Guam and Saipan. The airfield is damaged by naval bombardment but the planes get up and intercept flights. Every pilot is killed or captured on Guam.

That's just my suggestion. How do you like it?

HuninMunin
08-01-2006, 11:26 AM
First of all thank you for your long answer.

Right now the plotline is way out their in the air, and far from beeing even brought down to a synopsis.
Have a look at the link I've posted above, there are a lot of ideas and suggestions that have been made.
And it looks like it will be much more than just about the Graf Zeppelin.

I like your ideas and I can think of great missions made of those.

I would be happy to have such an creative mind as yours taking part in the discussion.

Hoatee
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
The Italians had an aircraft carrier under construction, too, believe it or not - that would fit the Med perfectly.

fordfan25
08-04-2006, 10:23 PM
wow that would fit right in with some of this games plane selections http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif sorry i had to say it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MiamiEagle
08-05-2006, 08:01 AM
I hear the other day that they found the Graf Zeppelin carrier of the coast of Poland. WoW what a find! I will give you folks more information later.

Miamieagle

PBNA-Boosher
08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I would be very happy to help. I write a lot of stories. I'll check it out.

MiamiEagle
08-10-2006, 07:17 AM
I read the on 7-31-6 edition of the Hearld that the Polish Navy has found the Graf Zeppelin German carrier North of the Polish coast in the Baltic Sea. The story goes that the German goverment decided not to use it after it was already finnished. The Russian found her her dock in her port and decided to use as a tarket vessel.They dived bomb her to the bottom of the Baltic sea around 1947 and kept it a secret.

I never heard of this . I always though that they design her but they never really got close to building her.

WoW! what a great article. One can only imagine what would of happen had they deided to used her. It might have created havoc with the Royal navy at the early stages of the war.

Perhaps the German realize that it would take years of traning and learning how use it. Maybe a carrier was beyond their capabilities at that time. You have to remember that the German where years behind the Allies and the Japanese in maintance,traning and logistic on how to use a carrier in war.

One can only Imagine if they had been able to finnished what they started. Perhaps they could have join their Japanese ally in some form of joint operation in the Indian Ocean or Raid the U.S. in 1942.

Well the World was better of without it. But it those put your imagination into play.

Miamieagle